August 1, 2014 | 1516 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Gold Dust

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you like gold/yellow eyeshadows that are bold and bright, this is a very nice one; similar to MAC's Golden Lemon Pigment but starts with slightly less intensity. Used dry, of course, it has less intensity but used wet, becomes quite bright and almost a shimmery primary yellow. If you blend it out, the intensity can be sheered. I sheered it and used it above a dark crease color once, and then put a white shimmer highlight on the brownbone- very pretty. Most Alima Shadows need to be applied wet with a Fixative (Fix+ in my case) or over a base to be appreciated and to get the best color payoff and lasting power. Wet, and foiled, over a base, it is very similar to Golden Lemon. Oddly, where I did not find Fyrinnae's Magic Missiles very wearable, this is more wearable due to the shimmer. Magic Missiles is more matte and thus even bolder in my opinion. I'm medium, warm toned with golden-olive skin (NC30-C3, Alima's W3-G3) and this compliments my hazel green eyes very well. Today I wore this on the lid, with Alima's Cedar in the outer V/Outer Crease and NYX Geisha as a highlight. I also used Benefit's Tuxedo Kohl on the upper and lower lashlines and the waterline. A really pretty look if you like bolder shadows. This is not a subdued gold and is more yellow than a metallic gold or orange or bronze gold.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by melissab33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful strong shimmery yellow-gold eyeshadow, similar to Bare Escentuals Meow. It isn't overly yellow, it's just a more yellow gold than, for instance, Soleil or Glow which have more white to them. For people who can wear yellow (like me) this is a great summery color. It is sheer enough to layer on top of another darker shadow, I think it looks great over purples. :) The texture of this shade is great, no chalkiness at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2007 6:50:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

This belongs in the Luminous Shimmer category. It's a strong yellow gold as you can see on the website. It has pretty shimmer and lasts all day with UDPP but I found it too yellow.
I have strong golden/yellow tones in my skin but this is more like a bart simpson yellow.
Luckily it was a free sample with purchase so I don't feel like it was a waste.