Farouk CHI Chi Rocket Blow Dryer

4.4

on 3/30/2015 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I was a regular at a salon where this blow dryer was used, and I was always very impressed at how quickly my stylist did my blowouts. I purchased my own CHI Rocket for $180, and to be honest, I actually prefer my $80 BaByliss PRO TT 3000 a lot more.

The CHI Rocket is heavy, loud, and unbelievably hot. Yes, I know it's supposed to be very hot, considering it's meant to dry your hair faster. But this dryer is hot to the point where it scalds if it's left on one section for more than a few seconds, making it uncomfortable and almost unusable. I basically have to take a lot of short breaks while I blow dry to cool off. I still try to use it on occasion only because it's almost six years old and still going strong. But I definitely use my BaByliss way more often!

I paid a high price to get a good reliable product. I was told it was guarantee for a lifetime if I kept box. I pad.over $125...
Beauty Express and Farouk refuse to honor the agreement. I could have bought one at Target or anywhere for 1/5 the price. Why are they allowed to rip off consumers like that...I thought Chi was a reputable company. Buyer beware...Shame on them! I hate being taken advantage of and no recourse...

Too expensive for what it's worth. Chi hair dryers have always turned out to be faulty and short lived, I'm giving up completely on this brand.

If anyone's interested in using a PROFESSIONAL hair dryer then choose the Karmin Salon Pro Professional hair dryer. A 2000 watt motor (longlasting), multiple settings, cool shot and pure ceramic heat will give you the professional results that Chi lacks.

on 7/28/2010 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was having serious doubts about spendin so much money on a hairdryer (80 Gb pounds) but it is worth every penny and I'm beyond happy with it.

I have super thick biracial hair (enough for 2 people!) so I really need a comb attachment.

I can't believe this dries my in about 15/20 minutes and just like they do in the salon.
I highly recommend -- miracle worker!

on 12/12/2009 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love it! Here I go again with another bias review! lol lol I love Chi products. With that said, I love my Rocket. It "Zooms" through my medium texture when needed. I use Chi Silk Infusion inconjunction with the Rocket... A Great Combo!!

Ok, I liked this blowdryer when I had it. It was quiet and got super hot (too hot at times). I used this dryer for about 2 years, but I had to throw it away because it started to SPARK! I thought it would start my hair on fire. I will not repurchase because of this reason.

this dryer is amazing. you will have a salon quality blow out every time you blow dry your hair with no frizz but rather smooth volumous hair. if you blow dry your hair often i highly recommend investing your $ for this dryer. my only regret is i didn't sooner!

I heart this hair dryer! I can't believe I waited this long to get it. YES it's expensive, and YES it's worth every darn penny! I found it on Amazon through another distributor for under $100. Of course, I have been buying cheapie hairdryers. For what I've spent on those that have burnt out I could have been enjoying this one!

I have long (to bra strap) hair, very very thick and wavy. It usually took ~20 minutes to dry my hair mostly dry. Today it took less than 15 minutes to get ALL THE WAY dry. It looked like a professional blow out. All I used was my round ceramic brush and the dryer and blew dry in sections. It is so fabulous!!!! And my hair looked so so shiny and straight! I love love love this product!!!! If you're thinking of buying this, stop thinking and DO IT! You won't regret it!!!!!

on 4/27/2009 2:05:00 PM

Wow! That's my initial reaction to this dryer. I have long thick wavy hair and this baby straightened my hair out in 25 minutes. I was shocked. It takes me at least 45 minutes to blow out my hair with my Solano and I have to constantly be working the hair so it's not frizzy. This thing literraly took 2-3 minutes on each section and my hair came out like I ran a damn hair iron through it. I was amazed. I'm pretty lazy with blow drying my hair becaus it was such a mission, but this dryer makes it so easy. I love it and can't beleive I didn't try it sooner! I didn't even need to use my CHI iron afterwards. Highly recommend.Only downfall is the price.

on 2/22/2009 11:12:00 AM

I am a professional stylist and need a dryer that is powerful and fast. This is it for me in the salon ***Caution: If your hair if fine this may be too powerful and hot for you. You can not control the temperature, as it has no temperature settings, just speed settings. It is great for people with thick curly hair though. IMOA

Top Rated Farouk CHI Products