October 21, 2014 | 1779 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Body Age Defying Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by becca352

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been a Dove user for years. I picked this up on a whim and I can't believe how great it is! I no longer have any random body breakouts, which I never attributed to my beloved Dove, until I switched to this. It is so moisturizing, but doesn't leave behind any residue. I don't like that squeaky clean feeling and this doesn't give me that. If you like the squeaky clean feel, you may want to look elsewhere. It causes me no irritation even though the smell is somewhat strong. I have even used it on my face and didn't experience any breakouts. I have been water only washing my face which has cleared up all of my acne. I use this on my face only when I wear foundation (very rarely needed since switching to water only) and it removes it easily. I use this on my body daily. It doesn't last that long in the shower, but I don't mind, since it works so well. I would never go back to Dove after using this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

My mother uses this, and rarely anything else. I often like to switch back and forth between this and Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser on my face for periods of time. As with most bar soaps, this can be a bit drying. But if you have oily skin (like me lately!), you'll find it less harsh than those with dry skin. Occasionally I use this on my body, but it is drying and I need time to apply body lotion in that case! I like the smell, it's nice and not too overpowering. The price is low, especially compared to Olay products in general. Overall, a nice and inexpensive alternative when trying to save money and during oily skin periods!

P.S.: I use my Clairsonic Mia with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is great. I use it to wash my face. I dont use it in the bath because it just melts like butter and its so expensive /: when I lather my face up I feel like I'm putting foaming shaving cream on and my makeup comes right off. Its very moisturizing too

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I was in my thirties I still had oily skin on my face. If this Olay Age Defying bar had been available then, it would have been my HG. But I'm twenty years older now and I find this bar to be incredibly drying - I mean taut, uncomfortable-face-type of drying. In fact, all of the Olay bars do this for me now; I was all excited about the mandarin one from a couple years ago (the scent was just wonderful) but it had the same effect on me. So if you have oily or maybe combo skin, the Age Defying bar might serve you well, but if you're more on the mature/dry side, Dove bar soap whips this stuff around the block.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Kmcgin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I usually use body wash or shower gel because I like perfumey scents and I've never had any bad reactions to them. But I also like the feel of a creamy lathering bar once in a while. I was debating between Dove and Olay in the grocery store. Olay was 2 dollars cheaper and I remember liking the smell as a child, so I went with it. Mmmm, I still love the smell. It's so creamy and fresh and clean, and I love the way it scents the bathroom. I'm not sure how well this age defying kind moisturizes, but it was the only one they had in the store. I still need lotion after I shower, especially on my legs. And I really don't think it leaves me any softer than shower gel...but it's cheap and it smells nice and gives me the feel of old-fashioned luxury.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I use Dove, I thought I'd try this as it was on sale, and I remembered I had liked it a few years ago. The day after I brought it home, I noticed that even in a sealed package of several bars, it was scenting my whole apartment like an air freshener. I opened a box, and the perfume smell was overpowering and unbearable. I used it once and wondered, what is going on? I know I tried this a few years ago and even liked it. I used it in the bath for both face and body. This had to be a bad batch. Why would they double the amount of perfume in it? Anyway, I had to wrap the remaining unopened bars in two heavy, sealed ziploc bags to get rid of the overpowering perfume which permeated the rooms. I gave them to someone else who seems to like the scent. But I don't think it's just me. There are plenty of other scented soaps that don't make me choke on their perfume. There is something seriously wrong with this product's composition and it wasn't there around 2007 when I used it before. I am going to avoid Olay products at least for the time being.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to bar soap. It cleans, it moisturizes, and really just does it all. I can buy it in bulk on wal-mart's website thank goodness as it was starting to become difficult to find. I will recommend this to anyone as it is cheap, and I love it even more than a moisturizing body wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great bar soap. Cleans well, is moisturizing, and smells good. I thought it was discontinued, because I couldn't find it in stores anymore.

Amazon sells it, and you can get it at a good price with Subscribe and Save.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 7:03:00 AM More reviews by waldsen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent all over body bar. I used to use Dove but I stopped because it was causing recurring yeast infections (heard this is a common problem from a gyno) and also it's not as moisturzing as this bar.

The entire Olay line is really great for skincare, the best you can find at the drugstore level, IMO.

This soap is also great because while it is creamy, the bar does not become mushy in the shower/soap dish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:57:00 AM More reviews by missmshl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

never using facial cleansers on my face again!
this is amazing on my face. doesn't dry it out, feels very 'rich', removes all my makeup, doesn't leave residue on my skin. LOVE it! it doesn't sting when it gets in my eyes either. only tiff is that it doesn't remove waterproof mascara completely.
otherwise, this is amazing, and i'm never going back to liquid facial cleansers.