Lavera Compact Powder

2.3

on 11/11/2010 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Sub par in every way. Has a chance to try practically the entire line of this all natural products at a friends who is a real advocate. Regardless of how good a pressed powder for my skin I'm not putting in on since it: flakes off my foundation in drying itchy mess, has no coverage whatsoever and too matte for my preference. Can't even imagine putting this over their fluid foundation. (Shudder and gasp in horror).

on 9/17/2010 1:29:00 PM

This is just ok. I have it in my purse right now for touch-ups, but once it is out, I will not repurchase. It's not bad, but it's not great either.

on 1/15/2008 6:43:00 PM

I wanted natural make-up and bought both loose and compact powder from Lavera.
The compact is not very comfortable on my skin.
It's ok. Nothing special and not softening.
It's very translucent, but not long-lasting mattifying. I won't repurchase.
Dr.Hauschka is much better in this type on MU.

on 12/18/2007 11:20:00 PM

The description of this product sounded good: "ultra soft & natural complexion enhancer, mattens and extends lip & eye-makeup endurance. This silky powder contains Earth-Pure Minerals & the balancing Oils of Organic Calendula & Jojoba to give even the most sensitive skin a perfectly soft & simply beautiful look! Natural vitamins and minerals deliver sun and anti-aging protection."

And since I prefer to buy organic skincare and makeup, I thought I'd give the compact powder a go. I'm really disappointed. Despite its moisturising ingredients, it's very drying, does not sit nicely on the skin and does a very poor job of holding shine at bay. The applicator is very thin and low quality, and at SGD30 it was certainly not worth the money. Not recommended at all.