October 31, 2014 | 1598 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I think this mascara is just ho-hum...ok. I swapped a friend a tube of Burts Bees eye cream for this and an eye palette from Avon. Both were brand new and unopened. The mascara is in a large tube. The brush is plastic, stiff, resembling a miniature comb...it's not the kind i usually prefer. I like the old fashioned "Christmas-tree looking" brush...they seem to volumize and curl my lashes better. I thought the comb wand would seperate and define better, but unfortunately it does nothing for me. Ooohh and the formula BURNS. Now, I've only had one or two mascaras in my life that burned or stung my eyes, and that's a no-go. We all know not to slather mascara into your eyes, but obviously a bit of the mascara you're using may touch or get into your eyeball, especially if you begin application very close to lash roots ...and when it does, it SHOULD not burn/sting. That's a total deal breaker to me. I'm so glad I didn't spend my own money on this, and to be honest it wasn't even worth the $14 Burt's Bees eye cream I swapped it for...if not for the palette it'd be a total waste. Also, as other reviewers mentioned, the formula is tacky and never dries to a different finish. It didn't give me spidery or clumpy lashes-I can say that, and I applied a few coats, as I always do with mascara, regardless. I've never found one that gives me crazy black, long, curly and voluminous lashes in a single coat. All in all, I rate it a 3/5 for not clumping, and that's a huge no-no, and also because it's cheap. I took off for the burning/stinging it causes, and also for the stickiness that never goes away. I wont be repurchasing and i suppose if I can't apply more carefully and not let it touch my eye, I will just toss it in the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by lazybeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One my FAVOURITE mascaras of all time!! It makes your lashes bolder than any other mascara I've had - but it doesn't clump them at all!! I should've bought 10 because it's seems to be now discontinued.... Will definitely try other Avon mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The brush on this mascara is huge. Normally, I like a big brush, but this one is ridiculous. It coats your lashes in mascara alright, along with the rest of your eye. It dried out very quickly and made my lashes really heavy. At the same time, it didn't last long at all, maybe an hour tops. The bottle was really big too, but it's deceiving as they're nowhere near as much mascara as it lets on. Overpriced for bad mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by phambrenda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a lucky dip from a magazine. The bottle is quite large and so is the brush but I'm not sure how much product is in this tube... Might be deceiving but I really like this mascara. I've had it for over a year now and it still hasn't dried up on me. At first I tried it on my upper lashes but it didn't support the curl of my lashes, which made me sad but I really liked the consistency of it! It was thick and ENHANCED my lashes, so it looked quite natural and I loved it because I don't wear make up on a daily basis. I applied it to my bottom lashes afterward and I liked how it separated my lashes but it made them look a little more voluminous, and again, enhanced them! So now I use this mascara on my bottom lashes in combination with Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara on the top lashes.
A little warning, the mascara brush for this product is freaking large, and plastic (even the bristles) so be careful when you apply them on your lashes. Sometimes it itches my waterline because of the prickling. As for smudging, I think it does smudge a little, it isn't waterproof either.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I was on a mission a few months ago to try out different mascaras to find my perfect one. This had good reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. Big mistake!!

*The plastic brush is HUGE so it definitely coated every lash and unfortunately my eyelids & under eye area!
* The formula is very dry, making your lashes extremely hard & prone to breaking.
*I have long but very straight eyelashes and even though I had curled them beforehand, this mascara weighed them down & didn't keep the curl.
*Makes your eyelashes have that 'spidery' clumpy look.
*It smudges and flakes so you end up with horrible panda eyes.
*After about 6 hours of wearing it, my eyes wear so red and irritated that I had to use eye drops and I don't even have sensitive eyes!

A horrible mascara. Complete waste of money. I am horrified that a decent brand like Avon would sell such an atrocious product. NOT recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahdvy

I LOVE this mascara. It does a great job of separating, thickening, and lengthening without clumping, smudging, or flaking by the end of the day. I like that the formula is buildable, and i feel like when i wear it my eyes really pop. Usually you can get it on sale for pretty cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by habana

Great mascara. The brush is pretty big (which I normally don't like), but the bristles are very short and the it's easy to apply to lashes without getting mascara all over my lids. The short bristles makes it easy to get the roots coated. It doesn't smear or flake, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I've bought this mascara before and will purchase again. I wait until it goes on sale and usually can get it for about $5.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CherryMouth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really pleased with this! Bought it in black and it's a nice deep black, and the applicator is good. Enables you to get to the root of your lashes, and up to the tip smoothly! The consistency isn't too thick that it "weighs" your lashes down, nor is it too watery. Packaging good. Would definitely buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by hc

great product. worth it if its on sale although if i ran out i'd probably still buy it regular price. separates. the bristles are plastic but theyre sharp which is nice. builds nicely, you can go from natural looking to DRAMA if thats what you want, great at lengthening. if i curl my eyelashes prior to applying mascara, this mascara doesnt weigh it down. great product. i ran out and went out searching for another mascara, eventually ended up returning to this after trying rimmel, covergirl and maybelline. covergirl was most similar but i found the lashblast too inky, smelly and didnt hold curl. overall, my HG mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I have it brown.
I prefer these plastic wands to the original brush-like ones. The formula is nice, does not smudge at all. This is the first mascara that doesn't smudge on me, I'm in love with it.
The smell is a bit eh, but whatever. Still a really good mascara.