July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by BrittAm95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The brush on this mascara is huge. Normally, I like a big brush, but this one is ridiculous. It coats your lashes in mascara alright, along with the rest of your eye. It dried out very quickly and made my lashes really heavy. At the same time, it didn't last long at all, maybe an hour tops. The bottle was really big too, but it's deceiving as they're nowhere near as much mascara as it lets on. Overpriced for bad mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by phambrenda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this mascara in a lucky dip from a magazine. The bottle is quite large and so is the brush but I'm not sure how much product is in this tube... Might be deceiving but I really like this mascara. I've had it for over a year now and it still hasn't dried up on me. At first I tried it on my upper lashes but it didn't support the curl of my lashes, which made me sad but I really liked the consistency of it! It was thick and ENHANCED my lashes, so it looked quite natural and I loved it because I don't wear make up on a daily basis. I applied it to my bottom lashes afterward and I liked how it separated my lashes but it made them look a little more voluminous, and again, enhanced them! So now I use this mascara on my bottom lashes in combination with Maybelline's Mega Plush mascara on the top lashes.
A little warning, the mascara brush for this product is freaking large, and plastic (even the bristles) so be careful when you apply them on your lashes. Sometimes it itches my waterline because of the prickling. As for smudging, I think it does smudge a little, it isn't waterproof either.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I was on a mission a few months ago to try out different mascaras to find my perfect one. This had good reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. Big mistake!!

*The plastic brush is HUGE so it definitely coated every lash and unfortunately my eyelids & under eye area!
* The formula is very dry, making your lashes extremely hard & prone to breaking.
*I have long but very straight eyelashes and even though I had curled them beforehand, this mascara weighed them down & didn't keep the curl.
*Makes your eyelashes have that 'spidery' clumpy look.
*It smudges and flakes so you end up with horrible panda eyes.
*After about 6 hours of wearing it, my eyes wear so red and irritated that I had to use eye drops and I don't even have sensitive eyes!

A horrible mascara. Complete waste of money. I am horrified that a decent brand like Avon would sell such an atrocious product. NOT recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahdvy

I LOVE this mascara. It does a great job of separating, thickening, and lengthening without clumping, smudging, or flaking by the end of the day. I like that the formula is buildable, and i feel like when i wear it my eyes really pop. Usually you can get it on sale for pretty cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by habana

Great mascara. The brush is pretty big (which I normally don't like), but the bristles are very short and the it's easy to apply to lashes without getting mascara all over my lids. The short bristles makes it easy to get the roots coated. It doesn't smear or flake, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I've bought this mascara before and will purchase again. I wait until it goes on sale and usually can get it for about $5.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CherryMouth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really pleased with this! Bought it in black and it's a nice deep black, and the applicator is good. Enables you to get to the root of your lashes, and up to the tip smoothly! The consistency isn't too thick that it "weighs" your lashes down, nor is it too watery. Packaging good. Would definitely buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by hc

great product. worth it if its on sale although if i ran out i'd probably still buy it regular price. separates. the bristles are plastic but theyre sharp which is nice. builds nicely, you can go from natural looking to DRAMA if thats what you want, great at lengthening. if i curl my eyelashes prior to applying mascara, this mascara doesnt weigh it down. great product. i ran out and went out searching for another mascara, eventually ended up returning to this after trying rimmel, covergirl and maybelline. covergirl was most similar but i found the lashblast too inky, smelly and didnt hold curl. overall, my HG mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I have it brown.
I prefer these plastic wands to the original brush-like ones. The formula is nice, does not smudge at all. This is the first mascara that doesn't smudge on me, I'm in love with it.
The smell is a bit eh, but whatever. Still a really good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this doesn't have a better review score. Best mascara EVER, if you want full, long, yet natural looking lashes. My sister and I use this, and both get asked if we have eyelash extensions with this. The best thing about it is the brush....it's a really unusual plastic-bristled brush and just seems to do the most amazing job of coating and separating the lashes.

The only con is that it does tend to dry out a bit before I finish the bottle, but I usually add 1 drop of water and mix to add moisture back into it. Works pretty well.

TO MY DISGUST...this mascara appears to have been discontinued. Avon Supershock MAX is still available...however the brush is different and the formula is thicker, which I think doesn't look as natural. I just use a regular supershock brush from an old bottle with supershock MAX. I can settle with it for now... but I wish they would bring back the original!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AshleyGLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I already have naturally long eyelashes but when I apply this on its own (no eyeliner, etc) it seems to really make my eyes pop! Otherwise I'll build it up to compliment my eyeliner and make my lashes stand out - no need to use multiple mascaras either. It can seem a little expensive - I actually only tried it because it was on the 2 for £10 deal - but I now think it's worth it for the money (head to eBay if needs must! 😉) for how well the product works. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!