April 16, 2014 | 985 users online

Mascara - Avon - SuperShock Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

I was on a mission a few months ago to try out different mascaras to find my perfect one. This had good reviews so I thought I'd give it a go. Big mistake!!

*The plastic brush is HUGE so it definitely coated every lash and unfortunately my eyelids & under eye area!
* The formula is very dry, making your lashes extremely hard & prone to breaking.
*I have long but very straight eyelashes and even though I had curled them beforehand, this mascara weighed them down & didn't keep the curl.
*Makes your eyelashes have that 'spidery' clumpy look.
*It smudges and flakes so you end up with horrible panda eyes.
*After about 6 hours of wearing it, my eyes wear so red and irritated that I had to use eye drops and I don't even have sensitive eyes!

A horrible mascara. Complete waste of money. I am horrified that a decent brand like Avon would sell such an atrocious product. NOT recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by sarahdvy

I LOVE this mascara. It does a great job of separating, thickening, and lengthening without clumping, smudging, or flaking by the end of the day. I like that the formula is buildable, and i feel like when i wear it my eyes really pop. Usually you can get it on sale for pretty cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by habana

Great mascara. The brush is pretty big (which I normally don't like), but the bristles are very short and the it's easy to apply to lashes without getting mascara all over my lids. The short bristles makes it easy to get the roots coated. It doesn't smear or flake, and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. I've bought this mascara before and will purchase again. I wait until it goes on sale and usually can get it for about $5.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by CherryMouth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Really pleased with this! Bought it in black and it's a nice deep black, and the applicator is good. Enables you to get to the root of your lashes, and up to the tip smoothly! The consistency isn't too thick that it "weighs" your lashes down, nor is it too watery. Packaging good. Would definitely buy this mascara again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by hc

great product. worth it if its on sale although if i ran out i'd probably still buy it regular price. separates. the bristles are plastic but theyre sharp which is nice. builds nicely, you can go from natural looking to DRAMA if thats what you want, great at lengthening. if i curl my eyelashes prior to applying mascara, this mascara doesnt weigh it down. great product. i ran out and went out searching for another mascara, eventually ended up returning to this after trying rimmel, covergirl and maybelline. covergirl was most similar but i found the lashblast too inky, smelly and didnt hold curl. overall, my HG mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by mbori

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. I have it brown.
I prefer these plastic wands to the original brush-like ones. The formula is nice, does not smudge at all. This is the first mascara that doesn't smudge on me, I'm in love with it.
The smell is a bit eh, but whatever. Still a really good mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe this doesn't have a better review score. Best mascara EVER, if you want full, long, yet natural looking lashes. My sister and I use this, and both get asked if we have eyelash extensions with this. The best thing about it is the brush....it's a really unusual plastic-bristled brush and just seems to do the most amazing job of coating and separating the lashes.

The only con is that it does tend to dry out a bit before I finish the bottle, but I usually add 1 drop of water and mix to add moisture back into it. Works pretty well.

TO MY DISGUST...this mascara appears to have been discontinued. Avon Supershock MAX is still available...however the brush is different and the formula is thicker, which I think doesn't look as natural. I just use a regular supershock brush from an old bottle with supershock MAX. I can settle with it for now... but I wish they would bring back the original!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by AshleyGLA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara. I already have naturally long eyelashes but when I apply this on its own (no eyeliner, etc) it seems to really make my eyes pop! Otherwise I'll build it up to compliment my eyeliner and make my lashes stand out - no need to use multiple mascaras either. It can seem a little expensive - I actually only tried it because it was on the 2 for £10 deal - but I now think it's worth it for the money (head to eBay if needs must! 😉) for how well the product works. I'll definitely be re-purchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sophiemayw

I actually got this free from my Avon lady and was shocked that I got it really, considering it's quite a hyped up product. The plastic brush didn't make my eyes light up as I'm not usually a fan of plastic brushes but I thought I would give it a go. I usually use a few mascaras each time I do my lashes, starting with the thinnest brush first and gradually using the biggest brush last, so this is the first mascara I use. It definitely makes a big difference to your lashes when you apply it, but on it's own I personally couldn't leave it at that. The packaging is pretty and stands out from other mascaras. I've nearly come to the end of my mascara I think and I can only tell because it's suddenly become very dry and kinda non-useable.. Considering I've only had it 2 weeks or so, I'm a bit surprised, so I don't think I will re-purchase it, but definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Bylaw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really, really adore this mascara. I get it in black and the formula is very smooth, builds on itself beautifully, the brush REALLY separates (which is a huge plus for me because if too much product is deposited on my left eyelashes at once they will stay clumped together, so not cute), and this mascara lasts and lasts and lasts. So if you are looking for a huge, full, falsie look with no clumps and that won't leave you with raccoon-eyes, this is an excellent choice.

Just altogether a fantastic mascara. Avon makes really great eye products and this is a real superstar mascara. I've been buying it for probably four years now and am never without it in my kit. LOVE LOVE LOVE.