November 22, 2014 | 1706 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Glossimer - Pink Crystal 187

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red highlights.

Color: In the tube, Pink Crystal is a pale, slightly warm toned pink. On lips, it's very sheer.

Finish: In the tube, it looks like it has a ton of shimmer and tiny multicolor sparkles. On lips, it's still pretty shimmery and sparkly.

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Pink Crystal is comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky. The sparkles cannot be felt on the lips.

Wear Length: About 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average for other glosses of similar texture is about 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

Ordinarily I find sheer glosses to be boring. However, I don't feel that way about most sheer Glossimers. There's just something about the way that they sparkle.... it can only be truly appreciated in the sunlight. That being said, Chanel has made many sheer Glossimers and a lot of them do tend to look similar on the lips. This one seams special to me though..... there's just something about the way it looks when applied. If you're able to find one, I would recommend snatching it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Laurie510

Chanel is expensive but worth the price. It lasts and looks good on different skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I was on the prowl for a new lipgloss and decided to visit the Chanel counter. I do like the glossimers quite a bit, so they are always my go-to department store gloss, even though they are expensive.

I believe that this color came out with the holiday 2007 collection. In the tube, it is a light, almost bubble-gum pink, with lots of shimmers and sparkles. On my lips (which are very pink pigmented), this goes on as a sheer pink veil, and the sparkles really stand out. It works well with the Chanel Nude liner, as well as layered over any nude or pink lipstick.

It's fairly long-lasting, and not too sticky. I would definitely buy again if I ever ran out.

For reference, I am NC20-25 with dark hair and eyes.
continued >>