September 3, 2014 | 1034 users online

Highlighters - Maybelline - Shimmer Powder in Rosy Twinkle LE 2007

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 12:11:00 PM More reviews by LipstikChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rachel did an amazing job describing this product (as she always does!) all around, so this will be my short-but-sweet take on it.

Rosy Twinkle is touted as a highlighter, though the peachy rose shade of it makes you think that perhaps you'll get a decent blush shade out of this (at least I did). Sadly, I didn't seem to get EITHER a blush or a highlighter.

The powder was rather chalky, and I barely got any color deposited on my cheeks at all (and I'm fair-skinned, so this should've shown up a LITTLE). As far as highlighting goes, again -- barely perceptible.

In a nutshell, save your money. There are far better drugstore products that can highlight and give you a glowy finish. Nice try, Maybelline, but you need to go back to the drawing board -- this didn't work. Pretty to look at, but I want to WEAR it and be able to tell that it's on.

And yes, I returned it (which says a lot, as I don't return much of anything).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 7:01:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Color: Shimmery peachy pink, heavier on the pink though. The shimmers seem to be a mix of gold & silver.

Price: Around $6

Packaging: The large pan (10g) of product comes in a cardboard like packaging with a lid with a large clear plastic window. The lid is held on by being magnetized

Texture: A little on the dry side, more powdery than I expected it to be but that is Maybelline for yah!

Pigment: . Decent, definitely deposits color as well as shimmer, but I am also fair skinned.

Raves: New product out from Maybelline for the holidays. There are 2 other colors... Maybelline has them split up on some displays as highlighters for light, medium, & dark skintones. Rosy Twinkle was part of the 'medium' skintones but it would work for anybody. I personally like the packaging and think it is cute. The product inside is decent, not amazing, but definitely usable. It applies a nice hint of peachy pink color to my cheeks with a bit of glimmer but nothing over the top, so it is certainly suitable for wear anytime.

Rants: Not that unique in terms of color, I'm willing to bet most ladies who are really into makeup have this color a billion times over in their stash. This is also not as pigmented as I would have hoped, and the particular color does not make good for an all over shimmer powder. The powdery texture is a bit annoying, b/c my brush can pick up a lot of pigment, but I have to blow some way or the finish looks really fake and cakey. Not bad though when applied sheerly, not bad at all. Could have stood to add a bit more glow for being a SHIMMER powder. Overall pretty to have, but not a necessity. continued >>