September 17, 2014 | 1948 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Bubbly 3 in 1

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by armygirl

Bubbly is one of the first Philosophy scents I've purchased; I purchased it in a bundle on QVC and it came alongside the matching lip shine. The scent is very champagne-like, hence the name of the product. It's very light, airy, and even perfume-y in a sense, much like a bottle of champagne.

While I enjoy the scent on special occasions, it wouldn't be one that I'd stock up on, simply because I'm more into the bakery scents than this one. This is a product I'd only use for novelty, in an event such as New Years.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been a Philosophy girl for quite sometime now. I've gone through the brands over the years from Bath & Body Works, The Body Shop, Victoria's Secret, etc., but Bath & Body Works & Philosophy brand are the two brands that I've worn the most over the yrs. In fact, I've been greatly disappointed with the overly blah & boring scents that Bath & Body Works have come out with these past few seasons that I've completely gone to Philosophy for my shower gel, lotion & spritzer needs. That's another review for another day...anyhow, Philosophy Bubbly...where to begin?! I was apprehensive because I hadn't actually smelled it before purchasing so I was taking a gamble. I read reviews, but there was very little info. on this scent. First, I believe this scent deserves more props than the rating this lovely scent gets. I say this because I was pleasantly surprised when I opened my online purchase & smelled the lovely scent when I squeezed the bottle ever so gently. (If you've ever done this before & added just a slightest extra pressure; you could end up with the shower gel on your nose, mouth, etc. as I've done this too many times!!! :) )
I know that I'm dating myself when I offer this example, but who cares! I love being a girl growing up in the 80's! The 80's rocked! :) This scent reminds me of the Bonnie Bell lip smacker 7-UP soda from then. If anybody remembers that popular lip balm from past days, then that's what this shower gel smells like to me. I really like the scent of this shower gel because it's not too heavy or overbearing. I can wear it with my Philosophy Pure Grace lotion & spritzer or my other perfumes & it intermingles well. Bubbly never overbears or overwhelms. I'm a citrus fanatic for many reasons & I can smell the light, clean & fresh scent of citrus oranges & lemons infused with champagne. The champagne scent is very light & neither scents overbear or compete with each other, but come together for one magnificent work of art; perhaps a Monet or Van Gogh. I liked this scent the first time I smelled it & then used it, but I notice that I've been reaching for this scent subconsciously in the shower in the morning which tells me that I must really love this scent as I have close to a dozen Philosophy shower gels in my shower. I also love the packaging on the cover of Philosophy's bottles with their lovely sentiments. The elegant, creative, artistic & sophisticated covers add an extra special look to my bathroom. Bubbly is a scent that is a must for all lovers of Philosophy showers gels & scents. I'm surprised that it didn't receive higher marks because Victoria's Secret's "Strawberries & Champagne" shower gel is too fake smelling (in my opinion) & overbearing & I always ended up with a headache each time I used it, but Philosophy's Bubbly is the complete opposite of that. I was happy that this one didn't give me a headache because I love the scent of champagne & have been looking for a shower gel that has this scent. Then add citrus & I'm sold!!! The champagne scent is really so light yet when mixed with the citrus; I found this shower gel to be invigorating! It's a unique scent that's highly feminine, clean, confident & most important it compliments any scent that intermingles with it! I also feel like a starlet when I shower or bath with this scent. I receive so many compliments when I wear this scent; especially fro my husband Anytime champagne is incorporated in something whether it's cuisine, desserts or cosmetics, I have to buy it as champagne is the Rolls Royce of alcoholic beverages & considered the beverage of royalty. I feel confident, happy & sophisticated when I wear this shower gel. The light citrus smell gently helps to wake you up in the morning. Don't miss out on this posh scent. I always look forward to the upcoming scents & bath collections that Philosophy comes out with seasonally! I hope this scent is here to stay! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2011 6:36:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to TJ Maxx today with the intention of finding a treat for $20 or less. I found this and it was definitely money well spent. I just showered with it and it's great. Nice thick lather, and the bottle is huge, so it will last a very long time. Others have said this smells orangey or like champagne--I can't make out any particular notes, but I love the way it smells. Clean, bright and lovely. I wish there was a companion body spray or lotion so I could enjoy the scent longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by saxwhit

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favs in the shower. I agree with the rwviewer who said there is a bit of "boozy" in this fragrance, and that is what makes it fun, along with the fizzy notes. I got it first with the wedding gift set, and got the full size at a bargain at TJ Maxx. Love that!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Mmmm, it actually smells fizzy!
It's a clear peachy coloured gel that smells like champagne and citrus. In the bottle its mainly citrusy fizz, but in the shower a bit of a boozy note comes out, which is fun. Of course the scent doesn't last, which is probably good because who wants to go to work smelling like they've been doused in champagne? It's great fun in the shower while it lasts.
I'd buy this again and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jowork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. So refreshing for summer. It's funny, but it does smell bubbly. It's got an orange scent that's not too sweet, and a hint of champagne. Philosophy created the scent to only last in the shower -- it doesn't linger on the skin, but I wish it did. I wanted to continue the scent with me throughout the day, and I had a hard time pairing a similar body moisturizer -- the closest I got was Ole Henrikson's African Red Tea Body Souffle.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by kbogusz112

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the smell of this body wash! I only use it as a body wash, so I can't vouch for how well it works as a bubble bath or shampoo. It smells like fizzy oranges, and definitely something bubbly, but I wouldn't really say it smells like champagne. It's got some hints of champagne, but smells more like a mimose. In fact, this is what I wanted the Philosophy mimosa body wash to be - it smelled a little too synthetic for me. I've loved the bubbly scent ever since I first smelled it as a part of a gift set, and I'm so glad they came out with a big bottle. I don't think the price is bad at all - 24 ounces for $20, which is a huuuge bottle and should last for a really long time. It seems to lather a bit better than the other Philosophy body washes, probably due to its more gel-like consistancy than the usual creamier consistancy. I love the color too - a pinkish orange, and in the typical Philosophy bottle. The scent lingers more than the other washes too, and you can smell it in the shower, not only when you stick your nose in the bottle to smell it. The scent is really fresh and fruity. It leaves your skin really soft and smooth, and it comes in a cute box that says congratulations, so it would also make a cute gift for someone - a bottle of "bubbly." I will definitely repurchase this, but I'm sure I won't have to for a long time given the amount of product in the bottle and how little you need for a good lather. And like other reviewers have mentioned, if you want something that smells like straight-up champagne, this isn't for you.
Side note - this has sodium laureth sulfate in it, so anyone with issues with SLS, stay away.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by greekmom2005

I LOVE this 3 in 1 gel! I tend to like most of Philosophys products, and this did not disappoint. When I took my shower today, I paid special attention so I could describe the scent in this review...it isn't floral, doesn't seem citrusy and is definitely not musky. What does that leave? Well, I may not be sure how to describe it, but I will say 'me likey a lot!'

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2008 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Hanachan

This one's okay. Not my favorite of the 3-in-1's. It has a nice, light, fizzy, orange scent. I don't smell champagne in it at all. It's a nice consistency and lathers well, so you don't need to use much to wash your whole body. Sadly, the scent isn't very strong. I like super strong scents in the shower. I guess my biggest disappointment about it is that the scent doesn't last at all on me, and while that's normal for Philosophy 3-in-1's, the other reviews led me to believe that it would.

Overall, it's a perfectly nice scent, just nothing amazing. Nice huge bottle though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by sunmonkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the better 3 in 1's from Philosophy as its a gelee and you only need a tiny amount to produce a great luxurious lather. Strangely when used in the bath you don't tend to get that many bubbles unless you really stir the water. For me the let down with Bubbly is the scent. I started off really liking the orange, fizzy fragrance but the more I used it I decided it was a bit too sweet sickly fruity and now I don't even reach for it when im taking a bath. I dont actively dislike it but I dont love it. If you're a fan of orange I would recommend.