August 1, 2014 | 973 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Vaseline - Cocoa Butter Smoothing Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Reality9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great for use as a deep moisturiser. Doesn't seem to stain skin like the Palmer's version. Has a subtle but nice scent to it.

However, this is a refined version of genuine cocoa butter. For a few pounds more you can buy pure, unrefined cocoa butter without all the additives in it, which seems safer to use and a lot more concentrated and beneficial for the skin. You can get this on Ebay for less than £10 for 250g or from organic shops, so I think I will buy the organic, unrefined 100% cocoa butter from now on.
With cancer rates so high in the UK and America, I think it's good to avoid putting anything you use daily on your skin which contains phthalates and parabens. I'm not sure if this product does contain those, but I imagine it probably does. I would buy it again if I was unable to get hold of the pure cocoa butter, but otherwise probably wouldn't.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this a couple of years ago and really liked it. It smelled great and the consistency was nice. More recently though, I haven't been able to find this product in any stores which sucks because I really liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by chiquitabanana101

I've been using this for dry winter skin as well as to stave off stretch marks from pregnancy. I switched over from Bio-Oil which wasn't doing much. After a few applications of this body butter, the difference in my skin is remarkable. Dry skin gone. Early stretch mark lines gone! Love this stuff!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I have had this body butter for 4 years and it is still about half full....I think that speaks for how much I liked this haha. I don't remember how much this costed but it is a very thick body butter by vaseline. It has a fairly nice cocao buttery scent but it just doesn't do anything. When you put it on it is super hard to spread and just kinda sits on your skin and after as little as 1/2 an hour...your skin feels dry again! Definitely not what you want in the winter. I definitely prefer thinner formulations to thick body butter particularly after use with this one because they simply do not sink in to get a job done. If you're looking for something that is truly going to hydrate your skin, skip the body butters and try a lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by KFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

*POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE REVEIW*
VASELINE COCOA SMOOTHING BODY BUTTER. I used this product everyday all over my body, after I showered and some times before I slept.
Smell: Not the best, but not bad.
Texture: Soft to smooth on, but greasy afterwords. Takes forever to dry.
Price: $5 CAD - Walmart, Superstore, London Drugs
Package: I love the little tub like package, makes it easy to carry around and take the amount you want.
RESULTS: This gave my skin a glow, radiant, and VERY soft and VERY smooth. And best of all, not for one day but for long term. I recomend using religiously to get best reults. BUT unfortintualy I have slowly stopped using this cream, only because of the greasy feeling after applying. I would have to take a towel to my skin to get rid of the greasy wet feel, and yes it would go away. But it had done the best for making my skin looking lushious and feeling very smooth.
-KFoxx

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great!!! I don't think I have a single bad thing to say about it. The smell is very nice, a light cocoa butter scent. The cream is very rich and you don't need very much of it. Not expensive, a tub of this is around $5 compared to $18 at the body shop for their body butter! I don't have very dry skin, so this moisturizes perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by lalu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried wide range of several body lotions,creams (clinique,pure petroleum jelly,nivea,johnsons etc.) but nothing compares to this.It is very rich and I can actually feel after several hours that my skin is moisturized well, feels smooth and soft.The smell is very nice if you like coconut and cocoa.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Chrisylita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Great cream for those winter months when your skin is really dry. Great smell. I used it all last year through winter on me and my two children and this stuff works great ,skin is soft all day long. And I extremely dry skin in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by TangyCandy

This body butter is simply amazing! I'm a body butter lover, so I've tried quite a few over the years, but let me tell you, I've never tried anything quite like this one.
The smell is quite nice, though a little bit artificial; it's a coconuty/ cocoa buttery light scent, not too sweet, but somehow refreshing.
But the true gem is ofcourse the body butter itself. It has a rich, creamy, luscious, almost velvety texture without being too thick and goopy as many other body butters out there.It makes my skin unbelievably soft and supple and it's easy to masage into your skin and leaves it with a beautiful sheen. Some other reviews mention glittery or shimmery particles in this body butter, but the truth is that there are none! This body butter is especially formulated to give your skin a "glitter effect" without adding actual glitter or shimmer to it! I don't know how they did it, but it's pretty cool and I love how it makes my skin look all healthy and polished and adds a hint of color.I imagine it will look particularly nice on tanned skin.
Overall, this is a great product and it definately worths checking it out, as I think it's great for sun kissed skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 1:38:00 AM More reviews by sweetmoya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is fantastic. It smells amazing, it moisturizes well and it's very affordable. I also use it on my dry, rough feet. You can use it in summer and in winter, it's perfect for year round use.