July 25, 2014 | 1835 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Black Opium

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Nikki_L

I am graduating from fruity scents to warm musks. This fits the bill. I don't know what notes are in the fragrance, but the dry-down is pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by 181818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How can you loose for $6.00 and I LOVE the real Opium, have all the summer ones but this is pretty close and you cannot beat the price, six dollars, had a time getting it, got lost in the mail they sent another one, I imagine other places sell it,no idea where, but it really does smell like Opium, and I have the summer ones too, good job who ever did this and such a great price, amazing, good double for the real Opium.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by chameleon529

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I think I can officially be called an Auric Blends addict now. But as far as vices go I think this is a pretty harmless one! Black Opium is my current favorite, it is warm spicy and a little sweet, perfect winter scent. I was scared at first because from the bottle it smells basically like I'm sticking my nose into an incense display, really head-shoppy and jumbled. Luckily it organizes itself into a beautiful concoction on the skin, cinnamon and clove, frankincense and patchouli smoothed out with vanilla. A hint of smoky incense remains but not enough to make people think you've been passin around the ol' peace pipe all day. This is stronger than the other Auric Blends in my collection. The first day I wore it I put on my usual amount for perfume oils. I had a stuffy nose so I could barely smell it but my ancient English teacher who REEKS of Chanel No. 5 told me I was wearing too much perfume. If that isn't an indication I don't know what is, so apply with caution! This scent has transferred to my gloves, coat sleeves, blankets, etc... and I do not mind a bit! It is not for everyone but I think Black Opium is perfect for me and I will buy it every winter for the rest of my life.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by magentaray

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's very much like YSL Opium, but I like this better. YSL is too much for me, while this I find more wearable. Good strength and lasting power. Auric Blend roll on bottles are very good quality too, none I have gotten ever leak, while many etailer roll ons I have manage to leak even when standing upright.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I agree with below: YSL 80s Opium, yes (Madonna!), but with a light layer of soap on top. It reminds me of wearing Opium on your wrists and washing your hands at the bathroom of a restaurant. Just enough remains, and is mixed with a slight disinfectant smell (or Ivory liquid). It makes me think "1940s."

This is one I wish I could smell how other people smell it on me. If that makes sense.

With these weird descriptions, I still kind of like it! Maybe it has some good memory associated with it that I am repressing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jesshunter

I'm hooked on this in addition to Egyptian Goddess....and as many reviewers have said, it does smell like YSL Opium....for only $7.00! Another staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Duval

I bought this because it smells exactly like YSL Opium for only $7! If you like Opium but can't afford the $70 then by all means get this. It's long lasting and very portable. It comes in a lip gloss sized tube with a rollerball. It's a spicy, sweet and rich smell.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

To me this smells like a sharper and soapier version of YSL Opium. Nice warm spicy clovey scent, surprisingly complex and especially great for colder weather. Pretty strong and has excellent staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by silvestris

By "would you buy this product again," I mean that I don't regret buying it. Black Opium is a very nice scent, spicy without being overly warm. I just smell cinnamon and clove, but it's not a gourmand scent. This is very much an evening scent, and rather strong. Smells great though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hontapocasgreen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It probably shouldn't be any surprise, but this is very similar to YSL Opium. While I don't think this was made to be a knock off, I have to wonder what real opium smells like.

This does start off in a direction of a "head shop accord". Once it warms on my skin, that initial opening of vanilla-patchouli blends in with the other notes. While I am not very good at breaking down notes, it does give off that clove and cinnamon vibe. It also has it's phases thru out the day, and by the end of the day I can smell a touch of of amber and light musk. The musk in it is definitely not animalic.

I really like perfume oils, and I'm okay with the roll-on bottles. It hadn't leaked and I've been carrying this in my purse. For less than $8, it is more than just a bargain for this lovely scent. I will definitely repurchase if I ever use this up.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No