November 23, 2014 | 1114 users online

Lipstick - Estee Lauder - Signature Iipstick in Dune Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Yvetteski

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This creamy, pinky brown seems complimentary to many skin tones. It is close to my natural lip color so I don't need a mirror to touch it up. I usually apply a balm first so there is less drag in application. The texture is typical for EL-thick, and the scent is cloying but it reminds me of my departed mother, so I find it nostalgic and comforting. This is a color that was flattering on a blue-eyed blonde and a hazel-eyed brunette.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was my first Estee Lauder lippie purchase, and although it's nice, I'm not wowed. For the price, I'd say I'm actually underwhelmed, though not completely discouraged from the line altogether. The color: a neutral brown leaning rose pink. Nothing earth shattering here, but a very good MLBB type color that works for a daytime look or a soft romantic evening look. It suits my natural style and is easy to pair with most makeup styles. There is a hint of shimmer that you see in the tube, but generally this is not visible on the lips aside from a subtle sheen. Texture was a bit dryer than I expected. Not drying on the lips exactly, but not creamy on application. Wear time is decent, and if you go through the motions and take the time to apply, blot, apply, etc. it can leave a little pigmentation behind as it wears down. It won't survive a meal, but it does last well otherwise. It doesn't feather, probably because the formula is a bit dryer. But then, there's the smell. That terrible horrible smell. Granted, I'm a bit picky when it comes to scented lip products, but this one has to be one of the worst. It smells oddly like a perfumed melted block of plastic. And it doesn't really go away. And because it needs to be reapplied throughout the day, that smell keeps coming back. I've sort of grown accustomed to it because I do like the color, I'm a sucker for cute packaging, and I refuse to set aside a product that I've spent good money on. But it sure has deterred me from buying another. I'd rate the product as ok, and nothing more. Just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:10:00 AM More reviews by fridaycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the second time I've purchased Dune Rose so I suppose I'd better write a review. A great face brightening nude pink for NW20s. Very long lasting on me and very moisturizing. Quality packaging without being fussy. This is one, hopefully, they don't discontinue.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pinky grey brown nude. Suits my cool/neutral complexion. So light, I don't feel it on my lips. Pleasant fruity scent but no taste. The formula is creamy but not greasy and it hugs every curve of my lips and it has a slight sheen or luminescence. It also wears well. I love the heavy gold case. Very vintage. Very femme. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by emilyjm100

The only reason I purchased this product was to get the free bag Estee Lauder stores are giving away, and this is my first purchase from Estee Lauder. The best part of this lipstick is that you really can't even feel it, the taste is not overwhelming, and the color looks very natural. Also, the gold case looks great! Well worth the money in my opinion

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by troubleinlipstick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it. It's the closest to my natural lip color I can get. I mean because sometimes my lips look colorless sO I wanted a pink lipstick that looked natural and kissable. It has no taste and a really nice fruity smell that I love. I can put it on without a mirror because it s in a way kind of sheer. Really great lipstick though. Got it from a swap too :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really great nudey pink that is slightly brown..it looks good on almost anyone. The formula is nice and creamy, somewhat long wearing. The case is truly classy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was in love with the formula of these lipsticks until I tried Chanel Rouge Allure. Compared to that this is kind of sticky, and you have to apply lots of layers to get intense hydration. My mom used it in one coat and she said it dried out her lips. I don't think I will buy any other lipstick but the Chanel one I mentioned

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

It's OK, not one of my favourites although I wear it occasionally. Just a bit nothingy on me. Nice, but almost too neutral, I just need something with a little bit more oomph, a bit more brightening.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:24:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

This is a lovely lipstick that would look good on most skin tones. I would describe this as a cool toned medium pink and I am warm toned but can wear it. I have ticked that I would not rebuy because this is not a look I wear very often and I have similar lipsticks that do the job. Certainly not drying, doesn't last all that well and I really wish it wasn't so heavily fragranced. Pong! If you find it cheap give it a go as the likelihood is that it will work on with your skin tone.