November 28, 2014 | 889 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olay - Age Defying Body Wash

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Wonderfully moisturizing. Actually removes anti-perspirant. And way better than any other I've tried. Luxurious texture. Not super sudsy but also not lotiony. I hate the lotiony ones that leave a tacky film. Mild but pleasant fragrance.

CONS: Price isn't the cheapest. (See my alternates.) Those that like LOTS of suds won't like this.

ALTERNATES: I am in love with the Equate version of this at Walmart. It is called "Age Resisting Body Wash." The scent is a bit more mild, and it absolutely works as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by hathor29

I love the floral scent like roses mixed with carnation flowers. All you need is little dime to moist all your body and spreads evenly even without a shower puff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CobraRose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My current favorite everyday body wash. Smells great and definitely leaves my skin softer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

age defying body wash is a great body wash! It's got vitamin E,it leaves your skin moisturized and super soft! For the price,you got a nice amount of product! It lathers well! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by fr3d420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I couldn't believe how moisturizing this wash is! HG body wash for me =)

Looks: white, creamy lotion. very plain

Smells: to me, it is a light pleasant fragrance. I like it.

Feels: lathers up great, smooth (no little beads or scrubbers).

I use this then baby oil right when I'm done with my shower. Sooooo soft <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by LittleViolet

Interesting reviews on the scent! Such a huge range of answers....I personally thought the scent was the best part of the body wash! It smells like a mid-age perfume (not "old" in the least!) but somewhat flowery, somewhat musky, amber-y, somewhat like Chanel Allure or along those lines. I thought it smelled GREAT compared to what you usually get as body wash options: fruit, berries, and strong rose scents. I don't care for those at all.

I love how you get a huge bottle for $5 and it lasts me about 2.5 months (my last bottle I got for Christmas and it is now mid-March). I use it with a pouf but have been considering those Japanese bath towels. I think you need a pouf to get the lather--a washcloth just falls flat.

These are "age defying" products because they have a tiny bit of gold shimmer in them--i noticed in the Quench line and the similar A-D in-shower lotion. It isn't tacky--just enough to detract from that flat, dehydrated-looking skin tone you get after a certain age!

I will buy again; I like this product a lot. Wish the scent had more staying power. Usually my husband says something about the scent when I get out of the shower, but he didn't seem to notice this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this in clearance section at Ulta for $4. This is the max I will pay for body wash. I'm assuming it is discontinued at this price. I bought the last 2 bottles. It has a mild fragrance and lathers well. I have no brand loyalty as far as body washes are concerned. I get whatever name brand I can get for $4 or under whether it's sale, coupons or both.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by XxtweensmakeuploverxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far the best moisturizing body wash I've ever tried. It feels and looks like lotion (the texture) ! My skin is very soft, moisturized, and supple afterwards. Before I was using Caress Evenly Gorgeous body wash just because I liked the smell (lol) and had to use exfoliating gloves, In shower body lotion, and regular lotion. Way too much products! Now I only use this, shaving gel, and in shower body lotion. My skin is hydrated and soft like never before- for hours and even days! However, the scent is the only draw back. Out of the shower it smells like a weak Pantene smell which in the shower turns into a chemically cheap perfume smell. The scent is light though and remains unscented once you rinse it off and doesn't mix with my fragrances. Great buy!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by juliefork

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Way too perfumed for me. I could still smell it on me much later in the day. If it came in an unscented formula I would consider this. But the strong scent is just too much for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by peepeepod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a $2 off coupon for this so I thought I'd give it a try, being that I love Olay products, in general. This left my skin soft, no more dryness on my legs. It feels alittle greasy (I used a shower puff) but it rinses very clean with light little bubbles. I also love the perfume smell, its pleasant. I felt like my skin was protected long after the shower. I will purchase again when it runs out....