August 31, 2014 | 960 users online

Eye Shadow - Alima - Paris (Fall 2007 Fashion Week set)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This shadow is nice, but it seems to be more sparkly than pigmented. I much prefer to have a pigmented base with some glimmer rather than sparkle with a hint of color. The lasting power is okay, but it helps to have a base. All in all, this shadow was okay, but I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by monicaking77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this color! I got it as a sample and can't wait to buy the full size the next time I order from Alima. It is a very sparkly medium to light sand color that suits my fancy and works quite well on my cool, pinkish skin when I need a little neutral shimmer. I foil it over the inner corner and center of my lid and then blend it with Alima's Pearluster Eyeshadow in Grace (applied in crease and outer v areas). It makes a very glamorous, but not overly dramatic, eye look- sultry yet simple and fun. The shimmer stays put ALL day and it doesn't crease and the color blends really well. I think it is one of the best Alima eyeshadow shades I've tried. It's really quite gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by yoursisterdebra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Paris is the lightest shade in the fall 2007 Fashion week set, a sparkly sand color in the jar. My immediate thought upon opening the jar was that Paris looks an awful lot like MAC Coco pigment but with some slightly larger shimmer particles (not glitter though). I was concerned that I would experience major shimmer fallout with this shade, but over UDPP it stays put quite nicely. In comparing the two, when used dry Paris is a bit lighter and more neutral (beige) whereas Coco has a stronger grey/taupe tone. The larger shimmer particles in Paris gives it more of a "brightening" effect when Coco when applied with a dry brush. When applied wet, Paris takes on more of a taupe tone (less beige) but it is still a touch lighter and less "taupey" than Coco. Also, the larger sparkle particles in Paris become basically unnoticeable when used wet. I marked that I would not buy this product again simply because I now have a full jar of Coco pigment and a full jar of Paris eyeshadow -- I will not need another neutral eyeshadow for a long, long time! BUT, if you missed out on Coco or found it a bit too dark or cool-toned then you should definitely check out Paris. It is a very nice eye-brightening shade and somewhat more versatile than Coco since it is a wee bit lighter and more beige. The lasting power and blendability of Alima's shimmer eyeshadows has been excellent for me over UDPP as a base.