October 22, 2014 | 1608 users online

Polishes - Chanel - Blue Satin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle after my first one started drying up two-thirds of the way through. Am a fiend for navy blue (clothes, accessories, eye shadows), and didn't seem to find many options in other brands.

The colour in the bottle looks intriguing, with tiny flecks of glitter to add complexity to the shine. On my nails, it usually takes two coats to get even coverage, which also makes the colour look almost-black. The glitters show up under direct sunlight.

The Blue Satin will dry to a shiny finish, but this doesn't last unless I add a top coat. I usually seal it in with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine, which gives me around 5 days' chip-free wear.

I like the packaging, especially with the Chanel-logo flat top (which comes off with a screw top underneath), which make the bottles nicely collectible. The brush applicator works well enough and can achieve quite precise application. The only reason I gave the produce 4 lippies is because the quality is to be expected of a premium brand and the price-point.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Very pretty in the bottle but looks flat and almost black on. If you are looking for a beautiful dark dark navy try OPI Yoga ta get this blue!!! Now that's is stunning and much cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by ceen

(i) Colour more impressive in bottle than upon application. In bottle: multidimensional. Upon application: flat, verging on black.

(ii) Revision to brush design would improve ease of application.

(iii) Drying time prohibitive.

Overall, disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A real stunner. I have been searching for a blue polish for months now, always with my eye upon Blue Satin, but hoping to find a reasonable duplicate in OPI, Essie, and so on. There is no substitute for Blue Satin. I've read here that some regard it as a cream, but I disagree. It is not a simple blue cream, but a rich sapphire blue with microshimmer to it. The microshimmer is just that, it does not transform the color into a traditional shimmer, but a beautiful, sparkling gem. The packaging is sublime, worthy of display upon any dressing table. Not at all juvenile, but sophisticated enough to wear in any environment. One coat is enough, but two coats reveal a deep, midnight sky full of stars. Well worth the price, I would certainly repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While the formulation was the same as always, the color wasn't to my liking. I didn't see any shimmer AT ALL. I just saw a creamy blue color. I ended up having to do a personalized mix job with some Zoya Trixie in order to get the look I was going for. That would be fine if this were a $3 dollar bottle of polish, but for what Chanel charges.....NO. This reminds of the experiences I've been having with their makeup lately....it's like the best part is the name....the product falls short. I really hope the polish don't begin to disappoint too.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by bpuglia

I adore this product....in the bottle! On my fingers, not so much. In the bottle it is a beautiful blue shimmer almost duo-chrome color. On my fingers? A dark matte midnight blue. I do not see the shimmer in any light. If I had wanted a true cream polish I would have bought one. Very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AlohaPandaXOXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The color is gorgeous, no doubt, but for the price the formula here is problematic for me. I found that Blue Satin likes to stain my cuticles unlike any other polish I've used and applies unevenly for me in a way that really contrasts some of my other Chanel shades (Riviera, Graphite). I love the look of it when I can manage to get it applied right, but sometimes the fuss keeps me from wanting to use it. Definitely a nice shade to own, but not a necessity if you're not crazy about the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This one converted me into blue nail polish. It's as far from juvenile as possible. In fact it's elegant, ladylike, slightly severe and very proper looking. I don't understand that anybody can mistake it for black. No matter how dark a room I'm in, it's clearly blue - a deep, dark midnight blue, but a blue nevertheless. The color has a slight pearly surface with minimal shimmer which is a part of it's elegance. It's easy to apply and lasts well. I have bought several blues since this one, but it'll always be my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by xkathf

Such an evil color, great if you want the dark look but its even better because black is so common the dark blue is a cute subtle surprise. Total classic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gorki

Really like this. The color is amazing, very unique, very dark without being black.
And the application... OMG. So creamy and opaque, you'd be good to go with just one coat. Also dries super fast!