April 25, 2014 | 925 users online

Hair Color - Paul Mitchell - PM Shines

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sansby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Greetings girls ... I've been using PM Shines, applied by my stylist, for about 5 years now. As a natural redhead, I was reluctant to do ANYTHING with my hair, but had to "bit the bullet" when the greyish-blonde color started showing up, especially around the front where my bangs are, and the roots show. Fortunately for me, the depth of my natural color had been getting less and less deep as I've grown older. Not as much pigment, I guess. From a "redhead" to a "strawberry blonde" was my natural evolution, and I finally (at age 55) decided to put some color on. I guess that's a long time to never have colored my hair, but I was blessed with a beautiful color red, and it wasn't until it began looking "mousy" that I went for it.

I do love the results. I've never gotten a bad coloring in the years I've been using this. (I know my stylist uses to shades to get the color I'm used to ... one being a bit darker for the crown of my scalp, and the rest a bit lighter, I guess.) I'd love to be able to do this myself, but as I've read here, one cant purchase it without being a professional.

I don't wash it every day, but the color lasts a long time around the ends and everywhere except the roots and my bangs. If it weren't for these areas, I'd not need to be coloring it. I'm glad I never used a permanent color, as my texture has remained healthy and shiny. I'd recommend this product highly ... as we found the exact color I was looking for in the PM Shines book. Good Luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sleboy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a stylist for 40 years. This is a great product, although many people have unreasonable expectations. We all wash our hair almost everyday, so a demi isn't going to last..just the reality. The trade off is great shine and moisture and I think that is what we are all after. I use 6RO and Shine, and it looks terrific. I like it over my gray because it looks like tone on tone highights.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by ardt7667

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! This color blends and fades beautifully - enough no one realizes when I due for another color! My hair is softer and shinier after the color and looks a million times more healthy. It corrected all the damaged look from too much time in the sun and added a great depth to my hair. Not to mention, the smell is great and the time of commitment is minimal - so go wild and try something new!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by megrisen

I had this process done in a salon 3 days ago. It cost $40. My naturally strawberry blonde hair (level 7) had faded due to the summer sun and I wanted to bring back some richness. I got this in a slightly darker and redder version of my own hair (knowing it would wash out super fast). The color was a bit intense when I first saw it, but after 2 washings I am absolutely in love! I know since its red it will wash out very quickly, but I am ok with that as long as the brilliant shine sticks around. The shine is almost blinding and my hair had no lingering hair color smell.

The only downside I see to using this is that I got "hot roots" meaning my roots took the color a little more intensely than my ends due to the heat of my scalp. That is the only unnatural looking part of the hair color. My friends didn't even notice that my hair had been colored (a good thing because it is so hard to find a natural looking red).

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. I made an 8 week appointment to get it redone. I might go a little more brown than red next time, although my husband loves the red! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by shanchi

I am a stylist and my salon just started using PM Shines. I have used it on many individuals and it seems to give a good result color wise, and conditioning wise. We use to use Redkens Shades EQ, and although I am more familiar with those outcomes- I think PM Shines is going to be a better product.

With the comment made below about it washing out quickly- It is Demi Permanent Color so it doesn't stay very long- its deposit only. Before you use this product you should shampoo your hair with Paul Mitchell's Shampoo Three to get ALL impurities out of your hair, and deep into the cuticles of your hair. Then Color your hair, and then spend the extra money for Paul Mitchell Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner. If you don't use it -your color WILL fade fast.

Hope this helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by daisyandy

My salon had always used Artec which was discontinued (and I loved)
they started using Paul Mitchell PM Shines and I also have the Clear
Shine put on over my color. I love the color and my hair is so shiny & healthy. My niece had the Clear Shine done alone and her hair looks
fabulous. No more pricey than any other salon service who use lesser
quality products. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by noahnoah

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great product. For the first time in my life I am continuously getting compliments about my hair. OMG! My hair is litteraly glowing. A bit pricey at @$45 at my local salon, but well worth it...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 6:26:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

This is a haircolor that is only available for salon professionals to purchase, of course if you aren't a stylist you can have your stylist use this color line on your hair. I had previously been using the Clairol Radiance line. The PM Shines collection is a very similar to the Clairol except it smells better (floral) and doesn't stain the skin as much. Both of these collections are demi-permanent and add shine to the hair. Both lines have a nice amount of various shades. I prefer the PM Shines because the Clairol Radiance smells very chemical. Both are great demi-perm lines but I would much rather use this one.
EDIT: Okay this has got to be one of the fastest fading demi-perm haircolors I have ever tried. Disappointing. Removed 2 lippies.