Biore Kao Make-Up Remover Perfect Oil

4.2

on 4/25/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Why this isn't sold in Australia is beyond my understanding! I purchased this in Singapore for around $15 which is expensive considering the 150ml.

It is housed in a simple bottle with a lock mechanism which avoids accidental spills. Very smart!

The product removes make up fantastically. The oil is thin yet it does a thorough job. When water is added to the face, the oil turns milky and washes away immediately leaving no residue. Nothing but a comfortably clean face. It doesn't strip your face or leave it feeling tight.

Previous oil cleansers I have used require a second cleanser to cleanse the oil film. Biore leaves no residue or such film.

✨ How I use the product: ✨
1-2 pumps of oil onto hand
Slather product onto dry face containing make up
Start massaging oil around in circular motions to break up the make up (I do this for a good 4-5 minutes). Massage over eyes as well to break up mascara. Your face should be a shiny mess!
Add warm water to your face and start washing the oil off
OPTIONAL: Tone face with cotton pad and witch hazel

Your face should feel clean now :) I follow up with my skin routine as normal.

I do not get any break outs using this method. In fact my skin is much clearer as it pulls out excess oil (oil cleanse) from my skin. My T-zone has become less oily throughout the day.

I would recommend this product 100%. Rivals Shu Uemura's cleansing oils and is similar to Bobbi Brown's cleansing oil for a fraction of the price. The aforementioned are roughly $36AUD+. The Body Shop cleansing oil or balms and Ponds cold cream aren't as good (leaves residue requiring a second cleanse) This isn't available in my country so I use the inferior alternatives!
continued >>

on 6/16/2014 8:10:00 AM

I just dislike this product soooo much..does not remove bb cream/ sunblock (Im using missha m perfect and shiseido sunscreen) well and leave the pores clogged up! :S There's alot of better cleansing oil out there.

on 5/27/2014 4:50:00 AM

I've always disliked using makeup remover because they always smell like some kind of chemical or alcohol. Old school makeup remover would leave my skin dry and irritated. Besides it stings to the eye. I've never found another makeup remover that works so well like this cleansing oil, that's so easy to remove, and that doesn't hurt my eyes. I'm totally in love :) I don't feel any need to try a different brand. Wish it comes in super big bottles...hihi

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very effective to remove stubborn makeup with just 2 pumps. A little bit sting when it gets on my eyes so I have to be careful. I continue with dove beauty bar after using this and I never have bad breakout anymore when I stick with this routine. Oh, and it's quite cheap too!

on 1/11/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Remove all my eye and face makeup with 2 pumps of this product. No stingy feeling in my eyes nor on my face. No cotton ball needed, just use your fingers and rinse off with running water. I like that it doesn't leave oily feeling on my face and fingers that I used to remove my makeup. And then I wipe off my face with baby-wipe and once again rinse my face with running water. That's it. I don't use cleanser or face wash after. I've been doing this way for months and I love how simple it is. It's cheap and does the job! Definitely will repurchase :)

on 12/29/2012 5:57:00 AM

Cheap

Removes makeup easily

Works for my combination skin.

Viola! Does what it needs to do!

on 12/24/2012 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an average cleansing oil to me, but when price is taken into account, this is actually more than decent. It removes waterproof makeup rather easily and smells refreshing. The consistency is right too, which isn't too thick in texture and it doesn't take long to wash off completely. Another good thing about this is the availability - it's basically in any drugstore you can name here. The small plastic bottle with an actual cap is travel-friendly as well.

The major problem I experienced with this product is the fact that my skin got dried out after using this cleansing oil. My skin can still handle this in the more humid months, but not the drier months. The second thing is when the oil got into my eyes, which happens easily if you're trying to remove waterproof mascara, they just waters like crazy. For most cleansing oils, my vision will be blurred only without any other discomfort. Therefore, I will NOT recommend this to anyone with dry skin and / or sensitive eyes.

on 10/21/2012 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
1. Dirt cheap
2. Durable container
3. Easily available at most shops
4. Relatively good at removing non waterproof makeup

Cons:
1. Hurts my eyes whenever it gets in.
2. Doesnt remove my mascara until i literally SCRUB my eyelashes!
3. Within the 3rd day, my eyelids were sore from the scrubbing.

on 4/1/2012 11:27:00 PM

I bought this cleansing oil on a whim when I was running low on my softymo cleansing oil, which works well at removing my waterproof sunblock and bb cream. The Biore cleansing oil contains around 5 ounces of product and retails for $12 at my local market. The softymo sells for $10. The cleansing oil has a very crisp clean smell, but unfortunately, the cleanser irritates my skin. I find that the softymo cleanses my face a lot more thoroughly.

on 12/15/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I'd heard a lot about this product so bought it when I was in Taiwan over the summer. Super cheap, and does an excellent job. All kinds of makeup come off easily with it, and it's very easy to rinse off. Definitely a staple for me now!