October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Treatments (Face) - Pharmagel- Pharma Clear Acne Treatment System

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by marthaajohnson

I think that this product is GREAT! I have suffered with mild acne for 3 years and it recently got worse so I did research and decided to buy this. I started noticing small differences but once I started using more of the spot treatment than usual, I saw IMMEDIATE results-the more of the spot treatment I used, the quicker my acne healed. The only negative thing is that this product really dries out your skin and the bottle for the spot treatment needs to be A LOT bigger!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2007 3:25:00 AM More reviews by jesibella

OVERVIEW:
This review is for the entire three-piece acne treatment line. Since the products are designed to be used together, I felt one review was the most logical choice.

This system contains three (3) steps: cleanser, spot treatment and moisturizer. The system can be purchased as a single kit or each item individually.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS*:
STEP #1: Malaleuca Alternfolia (Tea Tree Oil), Copper, Triclosan.

STEP #2: Salicylic Acid, Willow Bark Extract, Triclosan.

STEP #3: Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin A), Copper.
*These were copied verbatim from the Pharmagel web site

USAGE:
Step 1- Use one to two pumps of cleanser massaged onto wet skin for 20-30 seconds, a.m. and p.m.
-For p.m. only, remove eye makeup (if necessary) then rewash using one to two pumps of cleanser to make sure skin is free of all cosmetics.

Step 2: Spot treat any and all blemishes with a small amount of the treatment concentrate. Be sure to let the treatment dry thuroughly (allow 30 second to 1 minute) before applying moisturizer.

Step 3: Gently massage one to two pumps of the moisturizer to face and neck. Do not skip this step! The spot treatment (Step 2) has a tendency to peel off the skin if this step is skipped. It is always important to moisturize the skin, especially when the skin has acne. This moisturizer is extremly light-weight and very soothing.

Follow the regiment in the a.m. with a seperate non-irritating, broad-spectrum sunscreen as acne treatment products make the skin more succeptible to sun damage.

RESULTS:
I began using this system in May 2007. At that time, I had moderate, unrelenting acne concentrated in my T-zone. Now, in December 2007, I only get the occassional small breakout, usually on my chin.

The only time I have breakouts is when Aunt Flo shows up, when I forget to wash my face at night, or don't wash my pillowcases every few days.

PURCHASE:
I will most deffinately repurchase this entire line again and again, based on my results. No prescription or over-the-counter remedy has work this well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No