September 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Scrubs - Peter Thomas Roth - Anti-Aging Buffing Beads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Had my eye on this product for the longest time but couldn't justify spending $36 on a scrub/cleanser. I was gifted it by my bf in a PTR sample set for anti-aging, which contains products with retinol, salicylic acid and Aha's--perfect for acne-scarred skin like mine. The buffing beads are a standout in this kit, omg they exceeded my expectations!

You need only a tiny amount and suggested use is once a week for sensitive skin or every-other-day if you have tolerant skin. Bear in mind, the packaging states this is not to be used on ultra-sensitive skin!

Three times per week I use a dime sized amount on damp skin, rub it in gently, then rinse and follow with my cleansing regiment. Leaves skin glowing and unbelievably soft:) with continued use, I've noticed a dramatic improvement in acne scars and my skin looks more even in tone. In the past, salicylic acid has caused my skin to break out, but not the case with this product. The ingredients are great quality and not full of fillers and chemicals, I've found that simple is best when it comes to my skin. This is slightly drying and can leave my face with a tight feeling, which is the only diss I have on the product--otherwise HG.

If you suffer from acne scars, discoloration, uneven skin tone, or dull skin this is a must-have. Can't speak to how well it works for acne as I don't suffer from anything more than the occasional hormonal pimple. Rec getting the sample size or kit to see how it works with your skin before investing the $$ as everyone's skin reacts differently.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by IceCheerMom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The minute I opened the sample I got of this I knew it would be too intense for my extremely sensitive face so I did what I often do with such samples- I tried it on the backs of my aging hands. The result was AMAZING ! My hands looked a lot younger, smelled great and were silky soft. Oh, how I wish I could use this on my face!

I currently use Vivite on my face and hands and this was superior on my hands .

I gave a 3 rating on packaging and price just because I don't know due to using a sample.

I will buy this just for my hands and perhaps use it on neck, chest , elbows and feet as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

WOW. okay, my skin was pretty bad. i had acne, it was mild i guess, but it just would NOT go away. my skin is pretty sensitive so it would get dried out from benzoyl peroxide. i have tried to control my acne, switched products if i thought they were breaking me out, etc. i even stopped using my new beautiful chanel foundation because i felt it was breaking me out. i discovered this scrub at sephora, not even looking for a facial scrub. i am very fair skinned and recently realized my elbows and knees have turned considerably brown. i went to sephora looking for a way to lighten my poor elbows, and was directed to this scrub. i figured i would try it on my face after reading reviews on mua, not expecting much though. i was shocked...my skin right away cleared up, looked smoother and more radiant, it honestly looked better than it had in months. i have NO acne now, no dry patches, nothing. i can wear my foundation so much lighter now, which is awesome considering it's summer. i saw some family today and was complimented on my beautiful skin which was so great because there was nothing beautiful about my skin a few weeks ago. TRY THIS i promise you will love it. unfortunately it has done nothing for my elbows, but it's worth it. it's expensive for a skin care product, but you can get it on ebay for a less expensive price than you would in a place like sephora. i've already repurchased twice

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by UniqueStylz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! I'm so happy it was recommended to me. I saw some reviews of it on youtube and one day went into Sephora to try a new cleanser. I wanted one with glycolic acid to get rid of previous acne scars. The SA recommended this one to me. I'm 27 and even though it says anti aging, the sales associate assured me that she uses it and is good for problem skin in genral. I've been using for about a month now in the evenings, once a day with my normal skincare routine and this stuff is amazing. It has made such a difference in my skin. The texture is smoother, any problems areas go away quickly, its brighter, more glowy, and the spots are slowly lightening up. Overall my skin is alot clearer and I dont have to wear as much makeup to cover anything anymore. Would definately repurchase and reccommend. Can be a little drying, but if you use toner and moisturizer after it's fine. The beads are also very gentle on the skin, so theres no irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ALStephens

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only use this for my face. Though it is a bit expensive for a body wash, when used as a face wash it is actually quite economical; I have made the tiniest of dents in it after a month and a half.

I'm not concerned with aging at this point in my life, but I've found this combination of glycolic acids + gentle exfoliation keeps my skin clear. I'm pleased with how clean my face feels and looks. And it is getting progressively (if slowly) better as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by jacky888

This product is excellent! It does everything it is suppose to do. The exfoliation is gentle but effective. I am using this product faithfully because it has made a difference. Got this at www.bestbeautyproductstoday.com for $36.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by duckducksharon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a gentle scrub - so if extreme exfoliation is what you need - you may want to look elsewhere. However, there are chemical exfoliators in this product as well so it is definitely a good product for sensitive skin and facial areas. This really brightens and exfoliates nicely. Bit of a large price tag (i think 38 $) but you do get such a large quantity and really only need very little. This should last you 2 months morning and night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the anti aging kit for $56. I really don't like the way this squirts out -- too much came out of the little shampoo bottle container. I thought this did a good job of cleansing. Not sure about the exfoliation as the jojoba beads are not super fine. My skin does feel great after cleansing with this. It feels a little smoother, and this doesn't feel overly drying. I'd say give it a try. It isn't too expensive, and I think this would be a great light exfoliation for the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Maddieo87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for a year or two now. Absolutely swear by it. The results speak for themself. Though I breakout still from hormonal changes, this exfoliant is the best one I've used. I never have dry or tight skin afterwards. There's no scratching, and due to the glycolic acid in it, I get the physical and chemical exfoliation in one. So it really works deep into the skin. I use it twice a week, and my pores have never been clearer. HG exfoliant :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First, I wanted to comment that this is not an exfoliator, it's only supposed to "buff" -which it does magnificently. It's not harsh, yet it's a very effective cleanser. It really gets all my makeup off, and while one may think the jojoba oil might feel oily on the skin, it rinses completely clean. It has lots of exfoliating ingredients, take a look, along with glycolic acid and lemon extract. My skin is brighter and clearer since using this, so I will keep rebuying. It's $22 for 8.5 Oz., not cheap, but you need only a small amount to cover your face. I expect it will last me awhile. Highly recommended.