July 28, 2014 | 2087 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Black Label Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are decent lipsticks. Great value for money and an extensive color range to choose from.

The consistency is rich and creamy. I've had no issues with this drying my lips out, and while they are on, my lips feel moisturized. Once they've worn off, there is no moisturizing benefit, but no harm done either.

The pigmentation is good, though if you're looking for an intensely pigmented lipstick with a lot of color payoff, this might not wow you. I wouldn't describe them as sheer either, more like a medium coverage lipstick, and I find the effect very nice. They have a semi-gloss finish, not shiny or wet, but definitely not matte either. I'd best compare this to the old Maybelline Moisture Wear line in the brown tube, if anyone even remembers those anymore.

The wear time for these is not so great. Maybe 3 to 4 hours if I'm super careful and have gone through the motions of lipliner, apply, blot, apply, etc. I haven't tried any of the deeper shades, but the two shades I have, Dusty Rose and Diva, wear off quickly and do not leave any noticeable pigmentation behind. They do wear off evenly though, so you aren't left with a patchy mess once they are gone.

The lipsticks have a sweet almost grapey scent, which I don't particularly care for. There is no flavor, which I prefer. The smell is most noticeable on application but disappears quickly enough.

I'm not a fan of the bulky square packaging but they do have a clear bottom where you can see the actual color, which is helpful.

Be aware that any time I've seen these on any website, the color swatches they provide are highly inaccurate. It's best to go looking for actual swatches and reviews, lest your hopes be dashed when the color looks nothing like what you had expected.

I like this as an every day lipstick and something I don't mind throwing into my purse. The color selection is fantastic, and I like the look and feel of the applied product. I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Maroko

it's my current favorite lipstick, i have it in raisin (a deep red) and smtg else-i forgot the name:p

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 7:38:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- it has great pigmentation, esp if you have pigmented lips
- it's glossy, if you're a lip gloss girl you may like it
- it has pretty packaging
- it smells like grape bubble gum

Cons:
- it dries out your lips, so you'll have to put on lip balm first
- it fades out really quick

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I believed all the online reviews and bought four tubes of this stuff. The colors are pretty. The formula is creamy. But it definitely does not look as "rich" as high-end lipsticks. It also doesn't last as long--frequent reapplication is necessary. Decent lipstick, at best. You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by alisasmir

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Grey

These lipsticks are just so amazing! As a nude lip lover, my favorite shades are 'Nude' and 'India'. The formula is so creamy and opaque, I love it. Since I'm quite fair, I find that those 2 shades look more flattering on me when they have a base underneath, but I can't even say how impressed I am with these. Will be repurchasing forever! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by izzyslove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this lipstick in Adore which is purplish to a little bit of pink undertone .It looks so dark and vampy in packaging but on the lips it is very beautiful and I am totally in love with it . it is very creamy dose not dry my lips and the staying power is very decent . I have not try any other shades but hopefully I will because nyx product are not that cheap where I live

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know I'm juvenile but I LOVE the way these smell like grape lollies. Artificial fruit scent, FTW :-)
That said, these are excellent. Smooth, creamy to apply, not too much slip, very pigmented and long lasting with a fairly even fade. They have a very light texture despite their creaminess and feel quite moisturizing, though I am obsessive about my lip balm application so YMMV.
The packaging in bulkier than I'd like, but pretty cute, a metallic charcoal grey tube with an adorable fine black lacy pattern around the lid. The end of the tube has a little plastic covered colour indicator and the top of the tube has the sticker with the name on it, so it doesn't matter which way up you store these, you can always see what colour you want.
Shades so far...
Bling, which is a warm peachy pink nude shade
Diva, a medium neutral mauve with brown tones.
Tea in Afternoon, a deep mauve rose with purple tones.
Cinnamon, a lovely lush gold shimmered red, slightly sheer. A favourite of mine!
Jaipur, a deep plummy wine with light frost.
Midnight Dinner and Socialite are almost identical, both rich red toned berry creams, Socialite is a tad cooler, Midnight Dinner a touch brighter (you don't need both!)
Volcano, gorgeous orange red with light gold shimmer, very wearable.
Sweet Prawn, a vivid yellow based medium pink.
Strawberry Shortcake, a softly frosted baby bubblegum pink.
Hot Tamale, bright coral cream.
Heiress, a very cool lavender pink cream.
Poem, a very cool, blue based lollipop pink.
Rose, medium rich rose pink with lots of silver shimmer.
Dusty Rose, the slightly mauvey almost neutral, MLBB. Also a favourite!
Off The Beaten Path, a vibrant, creamy red toned deep coral.
I paid about $12 or $13NZD from Crush Cosmetics (plus shipping) in Australia and considering even a Revlon or L'Oreal lipstick is easily upwards of $20, these are an absolute steal. Or even cheaper on Cherry Culture, they're about $6US there, which even with the exchange rate and shipping is still really affordable.
Highly recommended.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are my favorite lipsticks! It's really reaallllly really good!
They color is very pigmented,good staying power,has a luxurious feel on the lips,moisturizing and lead free. It's very affordable and plain gorgous. You will definitely get your money's worth.

In truth, as much as I love lipsticks,I couldnt bear to wear the Round Lipsticks line because of its flowery scent that makes me gag. This line has a grapey scent that's very nice and no yucky.

I have 4 of these as of now. On my pigmented purplish lips, Here's how it turned out.
NATURAL- A nice shade of rosy brown on me. A bit to brown that I prefer but still good.
BLING- Nude pink
DUSTY ROSE- purply pink
NUDE- ghastly!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by wongo2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fairly moisturising and the consistency is creamy and smooth I have this in summer in hampton. It's a girly pink and it's not too over the top as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by efts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick was pigmented and creamy, except the creamy feeling only lasted when I first put it on. It dried out my lips in about two hours. The lasting power was okay and the colour was great. The bad part is that if you have slightly chapped lips, this may not be for you.