October 31, 2014 | 1622 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Neutrogena's Rapid Wrinkle Repair SPF30 but it's quite expensive, this was on special at half the price so I thought I give it a try. It has a lovely matte finish, no scent, and it's *very* emollient so you don't need much at all. Squeeze tube packaging is convenient. I mostly use retinol products to even out skin tone and reduce pore size which it seems to do very nicely. Only complaint is the lack of a higher SPF, if I'm planning on spending much time outside then I'd definitely need another sunscreen over top.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aspiecutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is miles apart from the Healthy Skin non SPF night cream. There is barely a trace of Retinol in this, and not even protection from UVA. It receives high reviews as a basic moisturizer, but it really is less good than bad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Used to use this cream with good results but I've gradually found that most Vitamin C, retinol or glycolic acid creams are a no-no for my sensitive skin. Shame as this cream is very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really like this a lot. It's worth the money. My skin looks so much better now, and I was looking for something that would finally help with the fine lines that were appearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Carolion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

After almost 15 years of using Aveeno lotion, I've switched to this a year ago and couldn't be happier. Either the Aveeno formula or my skin's chemistry changed when I was around 28, and my skin was very oily and I was having a lot of breakouts. My skin is naturally relatively clear but I do get occasional hormonal breakouts on my chin and forehead - this product has pretty much stopped them. I do still get a very rare (1-2x/year) cystic bump on my chin/jaw, and I've found that this products works very well to fade the resulting hyperpigmentation and redness. Red marks disappear in about 2 weeks as opposed to 3 months or so, before I started using this. The retinol is real, and it really does help cell turnover!
The SPF is negligible, but I haven't had any issues with it. I'll keep buying this version since I use makeup with SPF20 every day, and if I'm planning on going in the sun I also apply SPF50. For my everyday indoor existence this is just fine. No need to pile on chemicals and wash them down the drain for no reason.
I'll buy this as long as it keeps working as well as it does now. Hopefully I've found my new everyday face cream for the next 15 years!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by Stefaniekelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great day skin care product with sun protection. When I first got this, I accidentally put too close to my eyes and I noticed bumps start to appear underneath. I'm not fond of the packaging, I don't like that it's metal.. It gets incredibly annoying to squeeze out the product. It's amazing at moisturizing my skin, looks great under makeup and it really helps with fading any scars and lines that I may have. I've noticed smoother skin as a result of using both this and the Healthy Skin Night cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by SleepIsTheCousin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

There are a couple different versions of this - be careful when reviewing these products.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A DRUGSTORE MOISTURIZER COULD CURE MY SKIN?! I'm so happy with this. I had a terrible terrible bout of acne this past spring (brutal, actually) and honestly this in combination with a very careful skincare routine has been saving me this summer. I was prescribed Ziana (retinol) by my derm and my delicate, sensitive, dry skin could just NOT tolerate it under any circumstances. I kindof gave up on the retinol thing for a couple months until I found this randomly at the drugstore when I was trying to purchase this line's eye cream. The eye cream is blah but this.... this is SUCH gold for me.

After using this day and night, and under makeup, my skin complexion is becoming more even and radiant. I definitely see some lightening properties here, with slight lightening of my acne scars. It seems to work with my skin and DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT (shocker.. EVERYTHING breaks me out at this point). I feel that it actually is keeping my acne at bay, actually. As long as you try it out, this can also be used under the eye area. I feel like my wrinkles on my forehead and under my eye are really helped out by this as well! What a miracle. Works SO WELL as a base under makeup, I don't even need to use my Smashbox Photofinish anymore!

Its definitely not moisturizing enough for winter, though. I'll have to figure out a different regimen at that time.

I saw on here that the SPF in this lotion is basically useless so I went ahead and bought the Night version of this - but for some reason my skin just doesn't like that one. I have dry skin and I think that the Night version is just a tad more liquidier than this one and therefore my skin doesn't like it. (my skin prefers creams to lotions). That said - USE A REAL SPF WITH THIS, you are not getting your needed SPF here. I use Shiseido 50+.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a lovely textured moisturiser, but it has the same problem as the the healthy skin face lotion spf 15.They are very similar.Nice texture , soaks right in ,leaves no greasy afterfeel.Works well under make up.The problem? As pointed out by the previous reviewer Annemarie, this is totally lacking in UVA protection. Unless a product contains stabilised avabenzone, titanium dioxide or zinc oxide listed as ACTIVE ingredients, you are not protected against UVA rays therefore leaving skin vulnerable to sun damage This product contains none of those Ensulizole and octinoxate are the sunscreen components in this product.They are UVB blockers..It doesn't matter if it's spf 30, 50 or even 100(overkill for skin in that case) it will still not protect you against uva. The spf number only applies to the amount of time before you burn.Therefore this is useless and the bad bit is, there are a lot of moisturisers and foundations with spf like this out there.You have to check the ingredients. Certain products claiming to be broad spectrum are not. It lures.you into a false sense of security.As for those saying spf 15 is not enough. Well in some cases it probably isn't. But far better a product with spf 15 that protects against UVA and UVB than an spf 50 which is only UVB ! I wish I'd known this 30 years ago . I might have saved mysef some sun damage. I have used sunscreen on my face everyday for over thirty years, but not always broad spectrum, although I thought I was. I trusted the companies(like this one) and I was mislead.Don't fall into the same trap as I did.There is so much more information nowdays, but we are still being mislead.It's such a shame as this could be a good product. Please be careful and check ingredients. I'm reading some of these reviews and people are saying they love this for the spf.Well you are not protected with broad spectrum.As for the retinol in this product.Even if you tolerate retinol well, retinol is best used at night as it is both photosensitizing and photodegradable.Personally I would not use a product containing retinol during the day..Hope this helps.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Annemarie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've noticed this in other Neutrogena moisturizers, and it also concerns this one. If you are concerned with preventing sundamage and aging with a broad spectrum SPF, please be aware that the active ingredients in this moisturizer (Ensulizole & Octinoxate) DO NOT protect against the sun's damaging UVA rays. It only protects against the burning UVB rays.

It's really annoying imo, but I've found that you can't really trust at all, that a moisturizer labelled "SPF" and even sometimes "Broadspectrum" protects the skin for more than UVB rays. Always check the active SPF ingredients online, for example here:

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Glossgirl7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only been using this product for a little while, but I am pleased with it so far. Last week I used it on my face and neck, but forgot to put sunscreen below. I spent a whole day at a school carnival and my decolletage area got very burned. It looked like I was wearing a tomato red collar, because my face and neck didn't look as if they had gotten any sun at all. Proof that the SPF in this actually does something. Too early to tell if it will help with fine lines, but I will be sticking with this for the sun blocking properties alone!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No