November 24, 2014 | 1408 users online

Pressed Powders - Black Opal - Oil Absorbing Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't care for Black Opal's darker shades. They are too brown and offer nothing for people with reddish undertones. The colors look nice in the compact but when dark brown powder goes on dark brown skin, it will often look muddy and make you look darker. I prefer brands thay have more red undertones in their powders. Also, the packaging for this product is shockingly bad. It isn't that easy to open and the applicator feels like cardboard with somewhat sharp edges. And because of the oval shape of the applicator, it is hard to get into the corners near your eyes. For reference, I am referring to the shade "Classic Espresso" and my skin is dark brown with slight red undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is now a staple in my makeup routine. I love Black Opal as a brand and their products are perfect for women of color. I use this powder to set my face after applying primer, foundation and concealer. I like that it is colored because that means it provides dimension and does not make me look ashy - LM Translucent powder, I'm looking at you! I particularly set my brighter undereye concealer with this because it tones down the effect. Very well done BO and I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation, before I bought my Prescrptives Custom Blend Foundation I used this religiously- I still use it on those days when I dont want to waste my expensive foundation!
I have oily skin which is why I bought this, my colour is Dark Cocoa which matches my skin relatively well compared to numerous foundations I've tried in the past.
It really does absorb oil well and doesnt break me out (well I know it never made my skin any worse whenever I used it).
I would give this foundation 5 lipsticks but I gave it 4 because it's really good but the colour isnt my EXACT match although it did match well but doesnt have enough of a yellow undertone to match me exactly...I want my foundation to be PERFECT so you know!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

I wasn't very impressed with it's oil absorbing powders. I had to reapply the powder every two hours :0-( From now on, I will stick to Blot Powder by MAC.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by rogernewman

Please note that I did not buy this product. I chose a couple of shades from the website and went to the drugstore to view and purchase. The colors are much darker than they appear on the website. If you plan on ordering this pressed powder online, then make sure you can return it. Maybe it was a bad natch or something.