August 23, 2014 | 1849 users online

Shampoo - L'anza - Healing Moisture Tamanu Cream Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyRed

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

WATCH OUT FOR FAKES ONLINE. This is a luxurious shampoo and very moisturizing. It has repaired my dry, brittle hair, and even my beauty stylist noticed the improvement after several months. This is so moisturizing that I can skip the conditioner if I'm in a hurry. I use about a quarter-size amount and that does the trick. And a plus is that it has a nice light tropical scent. But I'd recommend you buy this product at a salon or an Ulta store. I ordered both the shampoo and conditioner off Amazon a few months ago just to save money. The bottles looked exactly the same, but I discovered the products were fakes. They dried out my hair and faded my color in no time flat. Who knows what they put in them. I purchased new bottles at Ulta and love it again! So worth the price. Watch for specials at Ulta and you can buy two and get one free from time to time. Stock up then with the real stuff, instead of the fakes online.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this shampoo. After using it, my hair felt dry and coarse and looked frizzy. Will not be repurchasing this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:15:00 PM More reviews by catherinevary

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVED it!! My hair is thick and very dry, and I also damaged it a lot with chemical process. I would say if it were less damaged, I almost wouldn't need a conditionner!

Although it is really expensive for its size, it's worth the money because you really don't need a lot to make it lather. Even with its moisturizing properties, this shampoo is really easy to rinse off and it doesn't leave the hair oily. I really liked the smell and the thickness of the product. I would definitely buy it again :)

And also, not very important for some but still... L'Anza doesn't test on animals, so it's a plus for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Its ingredients are the main attraction - sulfate and paraben free. I have this satisfaction that finally my hair are free of the detergent chemicals that were found in all of my previous shampoos.
Apart from this, I had a sudden increase in dandruff a couple of months ago and it was like constant snow fall from the head, in fact a hail storm, such was the size of dry flakes. A week's use of this shampoo and 75% of the dandruff is gone! After about 7 week's use, I can say that the hair also feel better (though i,ve had a more than usual hairfall past few days, don't know why). It also keeps the split ends at bay and overall the hair look better and a little less dry. It has a subtle mysterious yet pleasant fragrance.
On the downside it's quite pricey. However, a little goes a long way. One bottle lasts about two months for mid back hair length (washing hair no more than 3-4 times a week). Overall I would recommend it for people with very dry and frizzy hair like mine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Funny thing, non-sulfate shampoos are not necessarily gentle nor good for the hair. They contain plenty of detergents that are quite harsh just not sodium lauryl sulfate per se. I had the same result with this shampoo that I had with Organix Coconut Milk
which is poorly rated. I could feel in the shower that this was very drying/stripping. I used my usual conditioner but my hair looked terrible after using this. Dried out, stringy, flat, looked fried. Even after my next wash where I only CO washed, it still has not recovered. I have fine, wavy, frizzy colored (roots) hair that is not damaged. Very disappointing. I think that because this is expensive people may be reluctant to rate this as harshly as the Organix products. Really it is no better at least on my hair.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have yet to nail the perfect shampoo, thought this would be "it" but the search goes on. It rinses off well, doesn't leave my hair dry but neither gives me the super moisturizing feeling. I like it but don't love it for the price.
UPDATE***** 08/13
Started using this product again, because I wanted to finish it off and to my surprise..I noticed a change in the texture of my hair every time I used this..all for the good obviously. Changing it back to 5 stars, planning to buy the liter this time. I am happy, gave it another chance rather than putting this to in the corner of my bathroom shelf.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by cindylou413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite shampoos EVER...I have naturally thick,frizzy, wavy/curly hair, and I have relaxers and keratin treatments done..usually alternating them. This shampoo is sulfate free which helps maintain my color(oh yeah I do that too:), and is ok to use with keratin treatments. I have alot of hair, but it gets weighed down very easily. This shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean, soft, and smooth without making it feel coated and gross like so many sulfate free shampoos that I've tried in the past. I love this shampoo, and the conditioner is awesome, too. Good stuff if you have dry/damaged hair!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by 1017

UPDATE 1/25/13: My hair was apparently in need of major moisture with these sub zero temps we have been having. I used this today for the first time in a while. I had been using Aquage Sea Extend Silkening shampoo for the last few months. But lately my hair has felt so dry. I tried this today and yes, this gave amazeballs moisture to my hair and it feels so much better. BUT, it is weighing down the crown of my hair a touch. The weighing down was harder to handle when I had a short jaw length inverted bob that needed bounce. Now that my hair is growing out into a lob, the bounce up is less critical. Regardless, this shampoo is saving my hair in these winter temps.

ORIGINAL:This shampoo has been like that guy that is your friend & kind of likes you...he's great, but you don't pay much attention to him "that way". Then one day, you look over and you see things differently. Exactly what happened with this shampoo. When I first bought this I was sucked into a new (different) shampoo's sleek packaging and wonderful scent. Then I wanted to give Wen a fair try after that (about 3 months or so). After deciding Wen wasn't rocking my world, I went back to the great smelling shampoo and it was great, but would leave my hair feeling slightly tangled after I washed (before conditioning). So, I pulled out the L'Anza Tamanu to try again. It has an ok scent, lathers well for sulfate free, DID NOT LEAVE THAT TANGLED FEELING, and when all was said and done, I had one damn good hair day! It gave me a very nice balance of moisture but not too heavy for my fine waves. We didn't have the fireworks I had with the great smelling shampoo, but the L'Anza always gives good hair.

PS-My friend had the Aveda straightening treatment done and she uses both the shampoo & conditioner with much love. She has thick straight/wavy hair. I always use my Pureology Hydrate Conditioner with the Tamanu shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by khristos

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very good quality shampoo for the correct quality of hair type. However my hair is very long and fine but with a lot of volume I also have a greasy scalp, this shampoo whilst moisturising left my hair quite flat and usually my hair is full of life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this shampoo. I actually found this while searching for the keyword "Zinc PCA" on MUA. Zinc PCA is an oil-regulating ingredient that I found was effective for my oily skin (found in a lot of European products for acne -- for some reason we haven't caught onto it as much here!). When I googled it I found that it's used in shampoos that combat hair loss because one of its causes is oily scalp. I have an annoying oily scalp and the shampoo I had been using felt like it was making things worse. There are a lot of shampoos sold online that have zinc PCA but the reviews for this were great so I went and picked it up. I will say that I'm wary of sulfate-free shampoos. I've tried them before but I have hair that gets tangled extremely easily -- fine but poofy, a big mess in general. GREAT. In the past, the sulfate-free shampoos I've used (Aubrey Organics, two kinds of the L'Oreal ones) felt like they cleaned well but left my hair dry and strawlike while still feeling heavy. I stuck with them for that "A-ha!" moment that everyone talks about where they go from having crappy chemical-dependent hair to a thick, shiny mane of sulfate-untouched silk but it never happened. This stuff really blew my mind, however. Firstly, this is weird but I lathered up and rubbed into my scalp then left it on, and my first impression as I rinsed my hands off was that my HANDS felt smooth. I was like !?!?!. Then when I rinsed my hair I had that familiar sulfate-free squeaky feeling, but it wasn't a stripped feeling, just an extremely clean feeling. I'm not as big a fan of the scent as others, but it's not bad at all and somewhat pleasant. The combination of this and the kukui nut conditioner cannot be beat. My hair is clean, shiny, and I don't have those moments toward the end of the day when I look at my hair and it's a greasy mess near the scalp/around my bangs. It's really expensive, but with these products you can tell you're not getting the same old cheap formula full of fragrance and fillers that so many companies sell. The quality of the ingredients/formula/result of this shampoo (and the conditioner) is really amazing. I'm moving onto the liter bottle as soon as I finish up my current bottles! Thanks MUA for your reviews as always or I'm absolutely sure I'd never have picked this up.x

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No