Alberto Vo5 Calming Chamomile Tea Nourishing Conditioner

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This conditioner is TERRIBLE! It left my hair looking frazzled and feeling almost like something was stuck in it! I normally don't use hair care products, just baking soda mixed with water and apple cider vinegar. The only thing I use once a week is my WEN. Occasionally some herbal essences and my hair always feels like silk. This made my hair feel disgusting and tangled. I hate this product, I wouldn't recommend this to anyone!

on 5/14/2012 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really like this if I'm co-washing. I am so trying to make co washing work for me and I love Salon Grafix Cleansing conditioner (WEN knockoff), but want something uber cheap with close to the same results. Salon Grafix is $8.00 for 12 oz. ,Vo5 is $1.00 or less for 15 oz. I have tried the Vo5 Vanilla Mint Tea but the scent is strong and lingers to long for me and becomes cloying. The Chamomile Tea has a much lighter relaxing scent that fades away after a few hours. I actually wouldn't mind if this scent lingered longer. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling light and clean and still soft but I needed to use a leave in because my ends weren't moisturized enough. I'm going to try a few more Vo5 "flavors" but so far this ones a winner but still not 100% perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
~ Affordable
~ Easy to find
~ Mild, pleasant scent (for those who don't like strong scents)
~ Gives good slip
~ Great for CO-washing, very cleansing
~ No build-up

NEUTRAL:
~ Runny consistency

CONS:
~ Not very moisturizing
~ Does not make my hair fluffy the way I like

I like this conditioner because it is a great stand-by if for some reason I cannot get any of my preferred CO conditioners. It is really easy to find and you can't beat the $1 price tag! It cleanses well and makes my hair very shiny and soft with no tangles. The runny consistency does not make it good for actual conditioning (especially on the length of my hair), but it makes it so easy to distribute throughout my scalp. My hair is fine, but it is very thick and getting my hands through it to massage in shampoo or conditioner is a royal pain if the product does not have enough slip. This makes the job much easier.

I also highly recommend this conditioner if you dislike strong scents. The smell is very mild and it does not give me or my also scent-sitive boyfriend a headache at all.

I have to use a second conditioner when I CO with this because it does not provide my dry, damaged ends with enough moisture. I also don't like the appearance that it gives my hair after air-drying. Even though it makes my hair very soft, it is considerably sleeker compared to when I use thicker conditioners like Suave, Garnier Triple Nutrition, or Tame Cream Rinse. It does keep my frizz to a minimum, though, which is nice.

on 5/5/2011 9:35:00 PM

Great for CO washes, or as the first C in a CWC hair care routine. Light, and pleasant smelling. A staple in my routine.

on 3/31/2011 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

What on earth is this rubbish? I should have known really at 0.99, next time I'll be wiser. This conditionner is poor, it has a watery consistency, limited hydrating qualities, and is simply a waste of time.

What are you ladies raving on about? It barely sits on my hair (curly 4c carribbean hair) and it does little to actually condition the strands.

I am using this bottle out, but never again will I buy this stuff, we should be paid to use it.

Okay, one good point is that the scent is pleasant, but don't buy it on that basis.

I got this along with the green tea shampoo when my herbal essences wasnt removing the build up in my hair.Its not as thick as my normal herbal essences conditioner which made me wonder how well it was going to work. I went on with my shower while letting the conditioner sit and I started to really notice how good it smelled very clean and refreshing. it did make my hair very soft and left a nice clean smell with no build up and only cost 99 cents. I will be buying this again and I will also try some of the other v05 scents

on 12/2/2009 10:36:00 PM

HG for CO washing. This has the best performance (for me) out of the entire VO5 line and makes Suave pale in comparison. I like the scent, but I don't love it, so I also use Suave's Orchid Petal dish when I'm looking for almost-as-good results but with a better scent. All of the other Suave dishes, however, have been worthless for me. VO5 is much more consistent and gives me amazing shine and softness. Such a great value! I'll never be without it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love these V05 conditioners to use as conditioner washes for my curly hair. I don't use the shampoos since they are harsh on my hair, but I just use the conditioners as you would a shampoo. It is actually very cleansing! I love the smell and rotate between all the different scents of conditioner, as I haven't seen a different in the actual formulas. These are not very conditioning unless you have finer hair or if it's a little oily. I get a about a week's worth, maybe a little more, of washes from one bottle of this. They are VERY cheap, and you can find them as low as .79 cents on sale :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think I just found my HG for my CO only washing. Light scent (that my bf actually liked) and it does a great job cleansing my hair gently while not making my hair too heavy. Its a perfect balance. I <3 it!

on 6/7/2009 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Great for daily conditioner washes, doesn't build up too much, moisturizes, strengthens & detangles well, pleasant scent and the best part...$1! Stays in rotation in my hair weaponry stock.
'

UPDATE 2/10/2010: I stopped using VO5 for co-washes and went to Trader Joe's Nourish, which is just as cheap at $1.99 a bottle. And the ingredients are all natural and it smells WONDERFUL. Also, I alternate with Giovanni Direct Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture conditioner for mild protein co-washes that are still silicone free. However, I still keep my rating at 5 lippies for this, if anything ever changes, I would definitely try it again. Its a bonus that it is easy to find anywhere.