MAC Matte - Embark

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

on 5/21/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Beautiful brown colour that goes very well with my chocolate/caramel skin. Very pigmented and does last for a long time. Great as a transitional colour too.However I am not impressed with the price. I bought it as a refill pan and its 10. Ridiculous but I could not resist. I do think there are many cheaper alternatives to this eyeshadow.

on 3/19/2015 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have had Embark for many years and have used it as an accent color on the outer corner of the eye and as an eyeliner on the upper lid. Now for the news flash ( well at least for me) this works so well on my dark brown brows and the reasons are as follows : tremendous staying power, the purple/violet tone of this brown appears cool rather than ashy. I use this at the base of the brow and and also to extend the length as I have about three hairs on my 'tails' . I use a light touch and a thickish angled liner brush. I finish the look off with Anastasia tinted brow gel in brunette. Armani Brow Maestro in #2 Wenge Wood is still my favorite but when time is of the essence having a powder saves precious time.

on 2/2/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love this color. It is great for all eye colors, and it is amazing for green or blue eyes. It is a deep brown with reddish purple undertones. I actually use this as a liner and it is perfect. It stays all day and smokes out nicely.

on 5/10/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE! gorgeous dark brown with a purple undertone. This is one of mac's darkest browns I believe. Pigmented and lasts. Used this for my prom for a unique smokey eye with silver ring and newly minted. I also love this in the crease with let me pop paint pot on the lid. It just looks so effortlessly beautiful. Packaging is good, love all of Mac's eyeshadows bc it snaps shut and you can see the color through the lid. Costs $15

on 3/12/2014 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this colour and formula. Its a new purchase and i use it last on the outer corner of my eye and lower lash line, first i apply painterly paint pot and then apply soft brown in the crease, all that glitters on the lid and then embark to add definition. It really makes a difference and can be built up for a brown smokey eye look for night or kept natural for day. It is a red brown which looks different on the skin because it translates to a chocolate brown. If applying chocolate brown on the skin it looks black so opt for a red brown if your wanting the colour pay off to look brown. I would repurchase when i run out! I would be interested in getting it in a pro palette next time rather than individually

on 2/22/2014 10:01:00 PM

Love this dark and deep brown! Very sexy and very deep. Although I always considered it to have a somewhat reddish undertone as another review pointed out, it's really a cooler or purple undertone and I think that is what makes this such a lush vampy but still totally appropriate for day look. Very nicely pigmented and blendable. I will wear this alone for a daytime look or will use it to create a more smoky effect with other shadows.

on 9/4/2013 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

'Embark' is a deep almost burgundy brown with a Matte finish. I love to use this in the crease, outer v or on my bottom lash line to deepen up a look.

It's a perfect dark matte brown for creating a more 'smoky' effect. It is decently pigmented but I have used better matte shadows than this one which needs a bit more 'pressure' with my brush to pick up strong colour payoff. It also comes off quite cool toned, almost purple which compliments my brown eyes nicely. Nice eye shadows, I would recommend.

on 5/19/2013 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used embark for the first time today, and I must say that I have finally found my HG brown shadow! As someone with NW 50 skin, I have had a hard time finding browns that work well on my skin. I've tried many MAC browns, but they were either too red, too yellow, too much of something. Embark is just right - a dark, matte brown with slight purple undertones. It is the perfect everyday brown for me. I highly recommend this shadow. It's just so effortlessly beautiful!

on 3/24/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I received this eyeshadow in a swap and am surprised at what a beautiful difference it makes when I blend it in and slightly above the crease. This shade opens my eyes right up and they appear fresh and wide awake. I also have the supposed dupe in wet n wild's vanity palette, but I don't feel it's an exact dupe, in fact, the wet n wild shade makes my eyes look a little tired and red, but embark has the opposite effect. This eyeshadow can be worn sheer or built up for more intesitity. For reference I'm NW25 and my eyes are a light golden brown. I like to use a matte cream shade on the lid and embark in the cease for that perfect neutral, well rested look. I also smudge a little underneath the outer half of my lash line. My other brown shadows are getting so jealous...I can't bring myself to use anything else as this looks so darn pretty! This shade is quite a unique brown in that it has a deep burgundy purplish undertone that's neither warm nor cool but perfectly neutral, so I can wear it with almost any other color. Yes, I'm thrilled with embark and will most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a gorgeous matte purple/dark brown/burgundy shade that looks amazing paired with gold and bronzy eyeshadows. my favorite combination is "soba" on lid, "cork" in crease and "embark" in my outer v. This shade is is so versatile.I can rock a light smoky eye during the day and apply more of this shade for a night smokey look. I feel like this is a darker version of mac's Swiss chocolate. Def would repurchase!

Top Rated MAC Products