August 22, 2014 | 1992 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Embark

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE! gorgeous dark brown with a purple undertone. This is one of mac's darkest browns I believe. Pigmented and lasts. Used this for my prom for a unique smokey eye with silver ring and newly minted. I also love this in the crease with let me pop paint pot on the lid. It just looks so effortlessly beautiful. Packaging is good, love all of Mac's eyeshadows bc it snaps shut and you can see the color through the lid. Costs $15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this colour and formula. Its a new purchase and i use it last on the outer corner of my eye and lower lash line, first i apply painterly paint pot and then apply soft brown in the crease, all that glitters on the lid and then embark to add definition. It really makes a difference and can be built up for a brown smokey eye look for night or kept natural for day. It is a red brown which looks different on the skin because it translates to a chocolate brown. If applying chocolate brown on the skin it looks black so opt for a red brown if your wanting the colour pay off to look brown. I would repurchase when i run out! I would be interested in getting it in a pro palette next time rather than individually

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by JessicaGio

Love this dark and deep brown! Very sexy and very deep. Although I always considered it to have a somewhat reddish undertone as another review pointed out, it's really a cooler or purple undertone and I think that is what makes this such a lush vampy but still totally appropriate for day look. Very nicely pigmented and blendable. I will wear this alone for a daytime look or will use it to create a more smoky effect with other shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

'Embark' is a deep almost burgundy brown with a Matte finish. I love to use this in the crease, outer v or on my bottom lash line to deepen up a look.

It has got to be my favorite dark matte brown for creating a more 'smoky' effect. It is quite pigmented so it doesn't take much to get strong colour payoff and it come's off cool toned, almost purple which compliments my brown eyes nicely. Highly recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by AzurLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used embark for the first time today, and I must say that I have finally found my HG brown shadow! As someone with NW 50 skin, I have had a hard time finding browns that work well on my skin. I've tried many MAC browns, but they were either too red, too yellow, too much of something. Embark is just right - a dark, matte brown with slight purple undertones. It is the perfect everyday brown for me. I highly recommend this shadow. It's just so effortlessly beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this eyeshadow in a swap and am surprised at what a beautiful difference it makes when I blend it in and slightly above the crease. This shade opens my eyes right up and they appear fresh and wide awake. I also have the supposed dupe in wet n wild's vanity palette, but I don't feel it's an exact dupe, in fact, the wet n wild shade makes my eyes look a little tired and red, but embark has the opposite effect. This eyeshadow can be worn sheer or built up for more intesitity. For reference I'm NW25 and my eyes are a light golden brown. I like to use a matte cream shade on the lid and embark in the cease for that perfect neutral, well rested look. I also smudge a little underneath the outer half of my lash line. My other brown shadows are getting so jealous...I can't bring myself to use anything else as this looks so darn pretty! This shade is quite a unique brown in that it has a deep burgundy purplish undertone that's neither warm nor cool but perfectly neutral, so I can wear it with almost any other color. Yes, I'm thrilled with embark and will most definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous matte purple/dark brown/burgundy shade that looks amazing paired with gold and bronzy eyeshadows. my favorite combination is "soba" on lid, "cork" in crease and "embark" in my outer v. This shade is is so versatile.I can rock a light smoky eye during the day and apply more of this shade for a night smokey look. I feel like this is a darker version of mac's Swiss chocolate. Def would repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this color because I read a make-up artist's suggestion in In Style that this was the perfect color for green eyes. It is a dark brown with a purple-ish tint to it. I think this color would work better on blue eyes however and on warmer skin tones. I have green eyes and medium toned skin and this color makes my eyes look smaller and tired for some reason. It does not make the green in them pop. I notice if I put a little of this from lid to crease up close it looks like I have barely any make-up on. But from a distance I look over made up. The color comes off on me as grayish and flat and I'm just not liking it that much.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A deep, rich, highly pigmented shadow. Strikes the perfect balance between warm and cool tones. I've used this shade for years and I hope it's always around.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by heroines

Love this eyeshadow. Recently got a refill on a blogsale, and while it's rather hard to blend, like most matte eyeshadows, the color is a dream!
I love to use a very thin layer all over my lid and build up in the outer v, it's a stunning color on it's own if you like matte eye-makeups.
Due to the blending issue and the patchy finish, I wouldn't recommend it for people who are just starting to use make up though.
Flatters blue and green eyes the most.
I've also recently used it as a contour color - works amazing with my warm skin tone. I'd definitely repurchase.