Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this Chanel powder in 22 Rose Clair after reading reviews on MUA. I have previously used the Clinique Blended Face Powder and the Bare Minerals Original Mineral Veil SPF 25 as my loose powder.

This powder is incredible. It will set your makeup and keep your face beautiful no matter what conditions you find yourself in! I wore my MUF HD Foundation under this powder and it stayed perfect the entire time I planned and attended an indoor/outdoor summer party. The next day, I wore NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer under this powder for a get-together outside for five hours. It was the most humid weather I have ever experienced and it was hot - it felt like 43 degrees Celsius outside. I got home and my face was still perfectly set! It didn't accentuate any dry spots or blemishes on my face and has a gorgeous satin finish. I would definitely recommend the Rose Clair to anyone lacking some radiance, but for oilier skin types I would go with the original three tones.

I took off one lippie just because of the fragrance, the price, and the packaging of this powder. I have sensitive skin, and the fragrance in this powder is unnecessary. Fortunately, it hasn't caused any breakouts yet on my face and is pleasant if you like perfumed powders. The price is high - $65 CAD with tax - but a little powder goes a long way. This will last me at least two years for sure and with the results it provides, the investment is completely worth it. However, the internal packaging is awful and I recommend leaving the plastic cover on most of the holes so it doesn't explode in your bag. It does look very beautiful on a countertop though :)

This powder is my new HG, thanks to its staying power and beautiful finish. It is a worthwhile investment! Watch out for the fragrance if you have sensitive skin though.

on 6/28/2015 10:03:00 PM

I want to love this... I really, really do! I started using this powder about 6 months ago and shortly afterwards started to get really bad pimples around my chin and lower cheeks. I don't get pimples very often (if at all!), however these would not go away. I started changing everything else because I didn't want to blame the powder. I changed face wash, diet etc... It couldn't be this luxurious, sublime powder!!! I stopped using the powder about 2 weeks ago and have already noticed clearer skin. I hope you ladies have better luck!

on 6/21/2015 7:39:00 PM

Pros:
Provides a nice, matte finish.
Not chalky
Looks Natural
Finely-milled

Cons:
Does nothing to control oil if you have oily skin
Packaging is messy
Not travel friendly

on 6/1/2015 5:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

II have a weird relation to this one. I've been using it for over the past 4 years (the same jar) and I'm always saying to myself that I'm going to find a prettier alternative, yet many dollars later, I just can't find a better one!

on 4/6/2015 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm glad I bought this powder! If you think the $52 is a lot, just remember it is 1 oz of product for Chanel's versus 0.3 oz of product for other $35-40 loose powders!!! I've tried Tarte's, Laura Mercier's, and Estee Lauder's loose powders and Chanel's is superior. It is very finely milled and translucent 3 matches my skin tone perfectly. Translucent 3 is a bit yellow/neutral. I put a little powder on the poof it comes with and pat the powder onto my foundation after giving some time for my foundation (Estee Lauder's Double Wear in 4N2 Spiced Sand) to dry. With this loose powder, I never re-touch my makeup during the day! It has a matte finish and is great for making your make up look flawless.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

on 9/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

I am about to finish this jar of loose powder & I like it so much that I am going to get a 2nd jar! Thats how much I love it.
I have strayed from this powder many times, wanting to try other powders from other brands in the hope that it will be better. Sad to say I always come back to this Chanel powder no matter what. It doesn't dry out my skin and cause flaky patches - which is very important. Totally love this stuff. Recommend!