Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

only of thing to say... love it!!!! my favorite loose powder, plus it really matches your color. oh what id do without chanel! <3

V expensive for what it is. Yes I guess it's nice but nothing better than the $12 ELF one I picked up at kmart. Truly. Don't waste $100.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just don't understand why chanel don't make this in a smaller form. I know there's a compact version but i don't want compact powder.. i want it loose!

on 9/18/2014 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found this powder didn't match my skin tone and was quite yellow/white. I found the coverage was average but highlighted my spots. I think it's highly over priced and not worth the money. I feel your paying more for the name opposed to the product.

on 9/10/2014 10:22:00 PM

I am about to finish this jar of loose powder & I like it so much that I am going to get a 2nd jar! Thats how much I love it.
I have strayed from this powder many times, wanting to try other powders from other brands in the hope that it will be better. Sad to say I always come back to this Chanel powder no matter what. It doesn't dry out my skin and cause flaky patches - which is very important. Totally love this stuff. Recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a beautiful, finely-milled powder with a satiny finish. It truly is on another tier compared to other loose powders. While it is more expensive, at around 88AUD, the package itself is quite large, containing what seems to be an inexhaustible amount of product.

Chanel's Poudre Universelle Libre is an extremely effective mattifier and I only need a touch of it, once in the morning, and once or twice in the afternoon/evening. I love the big powder puff, and the smooth, airbrushed finish it gives my complexion.

I soon learnt how important it is to not use too much of this product - I gave it four stars because I always tend to get too much powder on the applicator that they provide, so I have to blot it on my hand, which leads to wastage. I also dislike carrying it in my bag, because as it tilts to the side, a considerable amount of powder spills out.

The packaging is classically gorgeous. As with almost all Chanel makeup products, the powder itself carries a subtle clean scent, undetectable upon application. When used in small amounts, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

Overall, this is a lovely product that I'm thinking of buying again. Much recommended.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG powder, absolutely adore this product and everything about it (minus the useless puff that it comes with). It gives a flawless finish, there is a slight colour to it but nothing too noticeable. Great on its own or on top of your favourite foundation.

I use 40 Dore for my Chanel B40, 4N1 in Estee Lauder Double wear, and 6 Smashbox liquid Halo skin, and this is a great match. So far I have got many beauty obsessed friends hooked on this product.

I bought it based on the good reviews I read here but I am so disappointed. It is relatively cheap for 30g but that was the only good thing.

I tried to apply it with a brush and it was uneven. I tried to use the puff that comes with the powder and it turned out very chalky.

on 8/16/2014 5:56:00 AM

So this costs a bomb but you do get a good hearty 30g powder, and as this is very finely milled you don't require much so this will last a good long time - Iv'e had mine for nearly two years and still have a tonne to go.

On my NC15 skin tone I have found a good match in 20 Clair - translucent 1, this isn't a true translucent powder as it has a slight cream tone but quite neutral as it does not pull pink or yellow. I chop and change my foundations and BB's so often and this powder wears well with most of them but does oxidise on the odd one that is a little more on the moisturising side.

I don't use the enclosed powder puff as prefer to use brushes. I have found lately the best way I like to apply this powder is in small areas at a time with the RT Contour brush - this works great for getting around my nose and under eyes. I use this summer and winter and love that its a fine veil of powder easily buffed in and not powdery or at all cakey looking.

on 8/11/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best thing I have ever bought! It lasts all day, it does not look cakey, LOVE IT! I bought this 8 months ago and I still have a lot of product. I will definitely repurchase.

Recommended for Normal Skin