December 19, 2014 | 1566 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kanebo - Sensai Silk 10 Seconds Awakening Essence

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by aliahash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i alternate between Laura Mercier Primer and this one and its good primer to use before my powder Sheisdo Sheer Matifying Compact. it sinks into the skin quickly and leaves the skin feeling soft.

you can use your cream (with SPF) before this product - this should be the last thing u put on.

its is in a pump format which is a huge plus for me as opposed to the tube Laura Mercier.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While there are some products in the Kanebo collection that I absolutely adore, this one is just plain crap to me. I sampled one of Kanebo's very generous sample tubes and had high expectations upon it, but it didn't do absolutely anything to my skin. It's just a little sticky lotion that's not polymeric enough to act as a primer, so my skin feels just the same as before only stickier! It's as if Kanebo company felt they had to create a primer because every other company has it, but then take any other company's primer and it will be better. And certainly cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is not actually labeled a primer, but according to a long time Kanebo rep with whom I consulted recently, it IS designed to be used for that purpose....as a foundation primer. It is specifically recommended for extremely dry skin under Kanebo Sensai Creme Foundation. Kanebo rep said to use this product as the very "last step" (aka under-makeup primer) in my daytime skin care routine, right before foundation. This product is exactly as she described, extremely silky and very moisturizing (similar in texture to Guerlain Pure Radiance... but even more hydrating sans the gold flecks). It feels wonderful, keeps my skin glowing and makeup glides on beautifully. However, a couple of negatives for me personally, it does not have SPF and it's clear so it doesn't even out my skin tone. I prefer Shisheido Veil and Cle de Peau Gentle Premakeup Emulsion because of their opaque coverage with high SPF and they are also similarly hydrating. I try a lot of primers and this is definitely a good one. I am using it for evening and the others during the day.