Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 5/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

I love this product. It helps minimize the redness when I put it on under makeup and it doesn't irritate my rosacea. I also like to use it without makeup because it helps to protect my skin. My only issue is that I wish that they sold it in a larger tube.

on 4/27/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have rosacea and very fair, very sensitive, dry combination skin. I got the Daily Protective Base as part of the three product Redness Solutions Redness Regimen which includes the Soothing Cleanser 75 ml, Daily Relief Cream 30ml, and Daily Protective Base SPF 15 15ml. I also bought the Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Alabaster and have been using all of the products daily. I love the results although I can't say which particular product has done the most work. My redness has been greatly improved, my skin hasn't looked this good since I was a kid. The daily protective base has a green tint and really cancels out the red. My only complaint is the low SPF- I would prefer 30+ for my very fair skin so that I don't have to go with an extra product during the summer.

This was a total disaster for me. I have redness on cheeks, nose and chin. This made my skin feel itchy and somewhat painful. It didn't blend in well at all. And even worse, when I applied my foundation over it it just wouldn't adhere, so my face ended up looking like a green/beige-ish mess with pink patches. I will definitely not be buying this again and I wouldn't recommend it either. Not great for sensitive skin like mine.

on 12/10/2014 4:42:00 PM

I don't have rosacea, I just have rosy cheeks. This was not worth the 30$. It didn't stay on when I applied it with my Clinique foundation. It just doesn't stick onto your face

on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 PM

I have rosacea so my skin is red most of the time. I bought this thinking it would be cooling or remove my redness before I applied my foundation. It did the opposite! The red dots on my skin were more noticeable and appeared over my foundation throughout the day. The base is green and very thick so I didn't really blend into my skin very well. I generally like clinique products but this is one I will never buy again.

on 4/15/2014 5:53:00 AM

I go in and out of using this. The colour correcting is not great. For a protective base for red prone skin I think it really should have a higher SPF than 15. In saying that, it is slightly calming on the skin and I use it most winter as my SPF. It's oil free and not the best for moisturising so keep that in mind when putting foundation over it. Oil based foundations don't work with it and it will decrease your makeup wear time (oil and water don't mix!). Works fine under water or silicone based foundations.

on 12/26/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this product! I'm pink (nw20) and it just sort of evens skin tone. I apply powder over it, and I feel like I'm set to go.

on 10/8/2013 12:10:00 AM

Covers my acne scars but when you add foundation it makes the foundation go dry and patchy also my foundation won't stick to my face after applying thus primer.
Love the idea of it and it does cover redness but Clinique need to work on the formula to make it not as dry and thick and ever so slightly oily

on 9/11/2013 7:52:00 PM

Didnt like it. Make my face oily, powder or foindation dont stay put on this and it made my face a weird pinkish shade.

on 9/8/2013 2:15:00 PM

I got suckered into buying about 5 clinique products from the redness line when I was shopping the other day. The lady told me that this could be used as a moisturizer for my dry sensitive red skin. clearly she just wanted the commission because when i got home to use it i realized its not a moisturizer but a base. regardless the base is very thick and feels almost like the consistency of a face mask. I didnt notice much difference in my redness and it made my skin dry and itchy. I returned it and won't be purchasing again