Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

So, this does minimize redness somewhat and it comes with a lot of product which is great. However, I don't really find it to be something that is necessary to have. When coverage is not important to me, I basically use it as a glorified moisturizer and mix this in with my bb cream or foundation and the final result is a nice natural finish.

on 5/12/2015 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this product for about a month and I have to agree with most of the rating on this. This is thick, hard to blend and somewhat chalky in texture. It does have a bad smell too (but I appreciate that there is no added fragrance). I muist say though that it's not irritating and it helps toning down the redness. It's not moisturizing enough on his own. I apply a very thin lotion underneath it. (Clinique DDM gel)

Everytime I try to apply this with my fingers it just doesn't work. It tends to ball up and it looks unblended and thick in some area. The best way for me to apply it is by doing downwards stroke with a flat foundation brush. Also forget about applying most liquid foundation on top of this, it will not look natural at all. I find that a light weight foundation that has some grip or a powder is the best option. I usually put mac F&B on top and it looks actually really nice.
c
Overall, I will finish it since I have a foundation that a actually pairs really nice with it (that I also need to finish), but I won't repurchase or recommend to other people. It just too hard to make it work.

on 5/8/2015 3:09:00 AM

This product is the worst I ever had of Clinique. I does not hide redness - you get a red face with a deadly greenish shade no matter how small an amount you try to put on. It is very quick to turn into tiny pellets which just roll on a skin. And it feels like a sand paper to skin. More to that - when you try to apply the cream of the same series on top of this base it moves - giving green blotches here and there. Never would I buy it again and advise any one to do so! Absolutely horrible!

on 5/3/2015 11:50:00 AM

I love this product. It helps minimize the redness when I put it on under makeup and it doesn't irritate my rosacea. I also like to use it without makeup because it helps to protect my skin. My only issue is that I wish that they sold it in a larger tube.

on 4/27/2015 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

LOVE. I have rosacea and very fair, very sensitive, dry combination skin. I got the Daily Protective Base as part of the three product Redness Solutions Redness Regimen which includes the Soothing Cleanser 75 ml, Daily Relief Cream 30ml, and Daily Protective Base SPF 15 15ml. I also bought the Redness Solutions Foundation in Calming Alabaster and have been using all of the products daily. I love the results although I can't say which particular product has done the most work. My redness has been greatly improved, my skin hasn't looked this good since I was a kid. The daily protective base has a green tint and really cancels out the red. My only complaint is the low SPF- I would prefer 30+ for my very fair skin so that I don't have to go with an extra product during the summer.

This was a total disaster for me. I have redness on cheeks, nose and chin. This made my skin feel itchy and somewhat painful. It didn't blend in well at all. And even worse, when I applied my foundation over it it just wouldn't adhere, so my face ended up looking like a green/beige-ish mess with pink patches. I will definitely not be buying this again and I wouldn't recommend it either. Not great for sensitive skin like mine.

on 12/10/2014 4:42:00 PM

I don't have rosacea, I just have rosy cheeks. This was not worth the 30$. It didn't stay on when I applied it with my Clinique foundation. It just doesn't stick onto your face

on 11/13/2014 12:53:00 PM

I have rosacea so my skin is red most of the time. I bought this thinking it would be cooling or remove my redness before I applied my foundation. It did the opposite! The red dots on my skin were more noticeable and appeared over my foundation throughout the day. The base is green and very thick so I didn't really blend into my skin very well. I generally like clinique products but this is one I will never buy again.

on 4/15/2014 5:53:00 AM

I go in and out of using this. The colour correcting is not great. For a protective base for red prone skin I think it really should have a higher SPF than 15. In saying that, it is slightly calming on the skin and I use it most winter as my SPF. It's oil free and not the best for moisturising so keep that in mind when putting foundation over it. Oil based foundations don't work with it and it will decrease your makeup wear time (oil and water don't mix!). Works fine under water or silicone based foundations.

on 12/26/2013 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this product! I'm pink (nw20) and it just sort of evens skin tone. I apply powder over it, and I feel like I'm set to go.

Popular Primer/ Correctors