October 23, 2014 | 1857 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sephora - #29 blending eye- Professionnel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This was a surprise HG brush for me. I bought it on a whim because I always liked fluffy blending brushes, although I didn't have high hopes because most blending brushes are too big for my small lid space. On my slightly hooded eyes, this became the PERFECT blending brush! It's dense enough to carry just enough eyeshadow and soft/round enough to soften edges and give me the perfect crease arch. I didn't even realize until later that I reach for this brush every single day. It's just... perfect, and it's not too pricey so I definitely recommend for people who are look for a great quality brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I've had this brush for about a year and a half. It does exactly what it is supposed to do. It blends eyeshadow well. It has withstood weekly washings without shedding a hair. My only complaint is that I wish the hairs were a little softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this brush forever and just decided to review it after cleaning it. I actually prefer this brush and the 13 rounded crease to their MAC and Sigma counterparts. I own all of them which I think makes a difference. Trying them in the store or once or twice doesn't give you a true feel for the brush IMO.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This is much different than a 217 IMO. The 217 I have is more tapered and flatter. This brush is quite fluffy and the bristles tend to splay out more. It's an OK blending brush, but I can't use it for the crease because it is too big. I also don't like that it has a shorter handle than most of my other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this instead of the 217, like many others here. I like this one better. I got to test out a 217 at the counter, and it's just a little too big for me. This one is a tiiiny bit smaller and has different bristles, but has the same shape and density. It blends well and I think it's a tad softer too. It cleans well and there's no fraying. I think I'll try to find dupes for all the mac brushes in this line. High quality and less expensive. Glad I gave this line a chance!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I like my MAC 224 blending brush better since the Sephora #29 bristles spread out too much on my small eyelids. It's cheaper than MAC blending brushes, maybe will work better if you have large eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own the much-praised MAC 217, have used it for several years, and wanted a backup as well as one I could use for dark shadows (the MAC 217 has white bristles). I decided to go with the Sephora Professional Platinum #29 blending eye shadow brush. It is, imho, better than the MAC 217 for several reasons. First, it is softer and a bit smaller so that I can use it more carefully; second, it keeps its nicely domed shape after washing (the 217 tends to get fluffy and out of shape and must be trained back to shape); third, it is much more versatile for my eyelids since I can use the darker shadows (these bristles are brown-black).

It is a multi-purpose brush: I can use it to apply a wash, or blend, or as a crease brush. The price is $15, very reasonable. It washes like a dream. I highly recommend this brush from this line from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 3:46:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is so much better then the MAC 217 in my opinion. I got this today and tested it with my eye shadows.. and wow. Color placement is beautiful and it blends like a dream. Plus it's soft and it doesn't poke my eye. The MAC 217 is also a good brush, but I prefer this one because I have smaller eyes. Another reason is that I find the MAC 217 doesn't blend as well as this brush. This is kind of an all-in-one brush. I can't wait to try other Sephora brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:23:00 AM More reviews by snow23

I am new to blending so I gave this brush a try. This blending brush is amazingly easy to use. I just ordered the MAC 217 to compare the two. I will post the results soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2008 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ehang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sephora brushes are basically a steal for its price. This blending brush aactually does a really good job, as much and maybe more than the mac brushes too. I like it bc it blends the toughest colors together!