Wet 'n' Wild 519A - Hot Red

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/15/2015 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is the first red lipstick I ever bought and it's one of my favorite red lipsticks I own. It's a true red, but my skin tone is so yellow/warm it can look kind of hot pink in some lights. It's very flattering for olive complexions. It has a slightly glossy finish. The packaging does suck as the cap is always coming off, but can't beat the price! It does not last all day, but it fades to a nice, muted red stain. I would repurchase.

on 12/26/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Very beautiful and pigmented orangy red! Does not exaggerate dry lips. It glides on smooth, and has a very shiny finish. Lasts for about 2 hours. The lid keeps popping off though; so it's not really travel friendly (unless you tape it). Also, if you eat it is going to come off. I will be trying more of these though! Great buy!

on 8/23/2014 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I really love this lipstick. It is a very bright color red that looks very good with my skintone and it makes my whole face pop. I got it from Wagreens fo 99, so if you're looking for a cheap long lasting lipstick this is it! The only thing I would recommend you doing is putting on a very thin coat of clear lipgloss under it because it is kinda dry, and putting clear lipgloss on top of it because it is a silk finish and does not have any shine to it. But other than that I love it and it is a very good price and color its the bomb.com

I purchased 3 wet n wild reds this being one of them and its nice its very pigmented very va va voom and I am going to wear this out on the town.

on 6/15/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Absolutely love this red! The only downfall is that sometimes i feel like i need to put a lipgloss over it. The price is so cheap, but so is the packaging. The packaging wears out, cap does not stay on,and cap is totally cracked.

on 7/29/2013 12:24:00 PM

I have 2 of the wet n wild lipsticks and this is a great red colour The color is so pretty, it is affordable and there's a good amount of lipstick too. I love how you can also choose between a number of different lipsticks for the one you want. The one thing I don't really like about this product is that it isn't really creamy it is kind of a dry ish lipstick. So when my friend used it and I cleaned it after it became even dryer than what it was before so I wish it was more creamier but overall I give it a 4/5 and a yes to repurchasing.

on 3/15/2013 4:40:00 PM

WOW!!!!
I was looking for a red lipstick and the perfect color since I'm very pale, blonde with blue eyes.. I put this on and the color is AMAZING!!!!! I bought it at walmart for 1.57$ !!
So you can't really go wrong!

on 9/1/2012 11:07:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is my HG bright red! I love this I love this I love this *waves arms like little girl* ok no but seriously, this lipstick is awesome and definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a bright red and don't want to shell out all the cash. I agree with the reviewer that said this is pigmented like crazy because it's just SO UNBELIEVABLY PIGMENTED. This lipstick is a bright, cool toned red. It can look a little pink when applied lightly, but don't let that fool you, it's a bright, true, red when applied to it's full opaqueness. It's very creamy too. I tried the Wet n Wild Silk Finish in 508A, and it was kind of hard to apply and dragged on my lips quite a bit. But this is the exact opposite. It's so creamy, but doesn't bleed too bad (I might use a lipliner though!). For 99 cents, this is a steal. It's a bright and beautiful true red, and well worth taking a look at! The only thing I'd change is the packaging, which has a long clear cap. It's nothing beautiful to carry around with you like NARS or MAC lipstick. But I can forgive that 100% because it's not like the packaging is faulty or anything unusable. I still just can't rave about this enough!

on 1/29/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The cheapest lipstick I have ever owned, and I wanted to like it, but it's not for me.
Pros: The colour is bright, cool, and very pigmented. Makes teeth look whiter. Really gives a pop to fair faces and gives a very retro look. Lasts a decent amount of time, and not drying. Cheap!
Cons: It's too bright and purple for me. I think it's hard for a lot skin tones to pull this off since it's so cool and bright. Smell and taste are turnoffs. It's not moisturizing either.
I remember in the 90s the WnW lipsticks had poor packaging so this is an improvement. All in all, it's hard to regret purchasing and it's not the worse lip product I've ever tried. I do think the WnW line is good to test out colours and makeup if you're just starting out.

on 11/28/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I agree with the other reviewers. This is a beautiful bright red . I wear it over Revlon's superstay liner in Red and it's great. Lasts for hours . As soon as I put it on I feel like it just brightens up my face and makes my dark brown eyes pop. It's a bit drying, but that may be because I tend to wear it everyday and the revlon liner can be a bit drying as well. You don't have much to lose, it's dirt cheap.

Recommended for Medium Skin