Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder - 37 Merveille

4.2

Although my lifestyle doesn't justify the plethora of shimmery products that I own (well, I am not a movie star :D ), I am always very attracted to this kind of powders. Merveille is like the name indicates, marvellous. A light ivory translucent shade of the well-known Chanel loose powder infused with shimmery-glittery particles. Soft, silky, not cakey as a powder. A very nice choice for a touch of glamour in the evening, a dangerous choice for daytime makeup (immediately after application you maybe think that it's ok, but it's definitely over the top). However, there is an exception, at least for me: in hot Greek summer there is something about the sunlight that makes this powder, if used wisely, look rather dewy than shimmery; the real dewy effect, very flattering when paired with a bronzer. Or it's maybe Chanel's elegance after all. From the Holiday 2007 collection I think, but still available on ebay (on Chanel European website is listed as a permanent shade, but I can't find it at counters here).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked the look of the powder. Unfortunately we only have three shops with Chanel counters and for a make over I have to pay 20. No Chanel SA was willing to just powder my face with it. I bought the powder. In the daylight, when there is no sunshine it does not look too bad. In the shops the SA from cosmetic counters looked at me as if I have a screw lose and I got told that it is only for the evening. However, in the evenings it is very sparkly even though I applied it very, very thin with a brush. My husband thought that I look like a Christmas tree even though I had kept blusher and eyeshadow and lips very natural and not sparkly. I know use it only over blusher to give blusher some sparkle. For that the powder is too expensive. I would not buy it again. It will teach me not to buy everything only because it is from Chanel or seems like a great new trend. It is not talc free which is not so great for sensitive skin.

on 12/10/2007 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Saw this LE and had to have it.Its so pretty with the gold sparkles.Nice for a night out and you want the extra glam.

on 12/10/2007 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this loose powder, i m not sure if it helps control oil yet but i love the subtle gold shimmer. and it looks really great and not too over the top. And if $47 sounds too much for loose powder, its actually more than double most loose powders out there, and those prices are around 30 anyways. i think the chanel powders are the most in quantity of any loose powders. I think i might buy another one of this since its limited edition.

on 12/9/2007 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I tried this during a Chanel makeover, loved it and ended up purchasing it. Merveille is part of the holiday collection, and is a limited edition so I suggest you get it now while you can. It is a beautiful loose powder with some added sparkle to it. It's really fun for the holidays. I wore it to a party last night and just felt so glam! Supposedly it's a light reflecting powder that hides imperfections. It's absolutely stunning on and I think it would make any skin shimmery and pretty! For the price you get a lot of powder that will last a long time. I think this would be perfect for evenings or during those sunny days by a beach. I don't think it would be work office appropriate.

Recommended for Normal Skin