October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - POUDRE DOUCE 60 Azalea

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by KittyKat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me, this is one of the best compact powders. It looks like a very light colour but it's perfect for my medium toned skin. It shows up a little transparant and the glitters almost don't show up but this all together gives a really subtle yet mattifiing finish
. It's not super super super soft but still very! soft for a compact powder and the packaging is great! It's a great powder for in you're purse, it has a mirror in it and a brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by simiparga

The most PERFECT finishing powder. I have 2 of these and they are so lovely. This is perfect for my skin tone. (Chanel Teint Innocence 40 Beige) I use this mostly as a finishing powder on top of my Chanel presses powder. It gives me such a great glow and finish without being sparkly or glittery. It just gives me a great glow. In the past I have found similar powders to be too glittery - this does however, have slighty more shimmer than Peche that I also haveThis is just perfect! Will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Azalea is a new Podre Douce colour (Fall 2007): looks like a light neutral beige in a container, with just the slightest rose undertone. Seems quite good choice for fair-light, neutral to cooltoned complexions. There's some very discreet shimmer in it, but almost not obvious at all when you apply the powder on your face.
I am not so fond of compact powders but I've been told that Poudre Douce is very, very soft, almost like a "pressed loose powder" so I purchased it. Now, I see that it is not the ideal choice for me: first of all - it is not as soft as I have expected (compact powder is a compact powder - it can't be like a loose powder). It is softer than most of other compact powders but still a bit dryish for me...Loose powders are always better for slightly dry and mature skins... Second: the colour looked almost perfect for me when I saw it in a container (actually, that was the main reason why I bought it!), almost exactly the tone of my complexion; but - weird thing - on my skin it changes to a more neutral and almost too yellow colour for me... So, yes, I am a bit disappointed. However, the texture and the colour could be really good for someone younger with normal or mixed skin and for neutral to cooltoned complexions which don't tend to change the powder colour like my weird complexion very often does.