September 18, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Aromatherapy Lavender Vanilla Sleep

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by xtina62308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Because I was so in love with the Lavender Chamomile Sleep lotion, I thought I'd give this a try. I must say I am a bit disappointed again. I bought the Lavender Vanilla Sleep and Pillow Mist together ready to fall in love but it failed to reach my expectations. The smell is very almond-y. Very muted. It smells like a very muted, almond vanilla lotion. I like the pillow mist though, I sprayed it liberally among my blankets and pillows and the smell isn't intrusive at all. It's very subtle and very cozy. The smell is relaxing and makes me sleepy :) So if you like muted almond smells, get the lotion. It's very moisturizing without being oil or watery. A good quality lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by elli0711

This is my favorite scent from the Bath & Body works aromatherapy line. It's a nice, light lavender scent that I love using at night before I go to sleep. I would consider this a light moisturizer and prefer the lotion but I don't like the smell of the body wash. The packaging is great as it comes in a pump bottle for easy application.

It is currently available in stores during the semi annual sale ("SAS") at a great price ($5 on sale, original price almost $15 per bottle). I haven't seen it online during the SAS so I will be stocking up while it's available in stores.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by leiraloveall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous light lavender and vanilla scent with a wonderful calming effect. Long lasting and definitely makes me sleepy/relaxed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by MissRaffix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this! It's a very calming scent. I use it after a shower when I shower at night. It's very moisturizing and the scent lasts a long time. It's similar to the scent of a lavender baby bubble bath, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:07:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

This is the only fragrant I can use from Bath and Body Works. All the other fragrant smell like synthetic room or car deodorizer. It's not complex but it's extremely soothing and beautiful against the skin. If you are looking for a "cover up " perfume this is not it. This is meant to work with your own natural skin to give a hint of scent and let your natural pheromone do the rest for sex appeal. If you are sensitive to artificial fragrances, strong chemical smell, this is the perfect alternative. I find this fragrant even more natural, beautiful, organic, clean and soothing than the more pricey perfume oils at the Body Shop. Generally The Body shop has more natural scents than BBW. this one is an exception. It is one of my soothing favorite when I don't want to smell like fruits and sugars from the regular perfumes out there. It's spiritually uplifting and peaceful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

i love the smell but have to be careful not to use this more than once a day, it really dried my hands out and kinda burned, but i still love it

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 6:42:00 AM More reviews by mellowdali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had some of this a very long time ago, and I found it very comforting.
I just bought some more recently, and I don't know why I'd forgotten about it or how I'd gone without it for so long since then. It really is an amazingly comforting scent. I have good dreams when I sleep with it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Laski

I liked this lotion enough, to use it up and enojy it, but still I wouldnīt buy again. The smell is pleasant, but especially when freshly applied, somehow strange and I couldn īt put my finger on what was actually irritating me. After many uses I realized, that it smells strongly like Vanilla-Soymilk to me! Not unpleasant, like I said, but kind of special. It moisturized quite nicely, but I have to admit that I wish the ingredients were more natural. Also, the packaging has its pros and cons - the blue glass bottle is very beautiful, but i was always afraid to accidentally drop it and have to deal with all the shattered glass on the floor. And in the end, there was no way to get everything of the leftover product out of the bottle, which is quite a bit of a waste.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this in BBW and really liked it enough to buy it. I don't know if it's a placebo effect or not, but I do feel instantly more relaxed and sleepy when I wear it before bed. Like others have noted, the scent is initially strong but it does fade by the morning, at least for me. The lotion is light and doesn't leave a heavy residue on the skin. I also have the small hand size bottle which I keep in my purse. The Eucalyptus and spearmint line is great too for de-stressing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is quite a comforting and pretty scent but the lotion is very strongly scented. Like all of the aromath. products I find it to be high quality but would be happier if it was just slightly less loud. It does help me fall asleep more quickly.