October 31, 2014 | 752 users online

Eye Shadow - Everyday Minerals - chamomile

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2009 4:12:00 PM More reviews by contrariwhys

I finally figured out how to get the best out of this eyeshadow! When I got this in the mail I immediately loved the pale yellow/lemonade shimmer color in the jar. However, when I put it on over my eyeshadow primer I was disappointed. It looked colorless and chalky with only a few sparkles. I then tried foiling it with plain water. No luck there either. The color was still bland with very little shimmer, but I was determined not to give up! So finally today I put a generous amount of lotion on my finger and sprinkled a decent sized amount of the eyeshadow powder on the jar lid. I then dipped my finger in and patted it on my lids, repeating the lotion/shadow combo one or two more times per lid. It turned out to be a shimmery, pale gold and I must say it now looks even better on my eyelids than it does in the jar. It really makes my eyes pop!
UPDATE: It really is quite tricky and time consuming to get the application right. Probably not worth the hassle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, the 4 rating is not for using chamomile as an eyeshadow, because it is horrible for that. No color on the lids, just a slight pasty white shimmer effect, I even tried it damp. Not pretty. However, before tossing it I tried it mixed in w/ my body lotion and the effect was really pretty. It gives a subtle golden glimmer to the skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2009 1:55:00 AM More reviews by brownsugarncutie

I really don't like this one from everyday minerals. What a disapointment. =( The color payoff is horrible! It looks like chalky white powder on my hands with big glitters on it. It's just so ugly. The glitters don't even last either. sigh. I don't know what I can use this for. What a disapointment because the other eye shadows seem to be great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

Im not too crazy about highlighter colors, but this is a perfectly pretty and functional shade. Granted, you do probably need a warmer skin tone for it, its a good change from using white highlighters all the time. I dont notice any chalkiness that other reviewers have mentioned, although it is possible that Everyday Minerals has altered it to be a better formula now. It is really just a pale yellow shimmery shade and the name Chamomile is very suited to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 5:44:00 PM More reviews by jhadiq

Picked this up while trying out the EDM foundations when I was on a highlighter kick. I am truly puzzled how this got so many good reviews - to me this is less than mediocre. In the jar it looks promising enough - a pretty buttery color with shimmer and a little sparkle. Applied, it looks chalky white with glitter - cheap and cheap-looking. Also, I can't see how anyone could say this is even close to a replacement for MAC Vanilla Pigment - they are night and day as far as I'm concerned. This chalky white with glitter doesn't come close to having the dimension and iridescence of MAC Vanilla. It *was* cheap, though, so I guess I can't really complain. All-in-all I've been pretty disappointed with every EDM product I've tried, and this is no exception. But even for the money, there are better products out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not my fave EM shadow but it's not awful. I use it mainly as a warm golden highlighter but sometimes i like to sheerly sweep it over my matte shadows to give them some sheen.

it can sometimes appear chalky on my olive skintone..i think it depends on my skins mood that day tho haha.

hmm would not repurchase only because im not madly in love with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 11:56:00 AM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very pretty highlighter, but it does have some stronger warm tones to it and it's very sparkly. The warmer tones (like the color of a buttermint with lots of sparkle) are enhanced if you apply this one wet. It's a good blending shadow/highlight but I found it didn't care for it on the lid as much as a highlight. I also think that the very butter-colored tone is not as easy to pull off as many other of their more neutral highlighter/wash colors, like Baby Bath, Spin Cycle, Scented Candles, On the Phone, etc. If you are warmer toned (and I am, EM Olive Medium/Golden Medium/Mix of Golden Medium and Winged Butter) you'll probably like this as a highlighter. It's sort of similar to the color of UD Blunt but Blunt is much, much silkier and easier to blend, better pigmented and without the major sparkle factor. I have the little sample size and I'll probably use this up, but for repurchase I'll stick with Blunt. To my eye (and I have a full size jar of MAC Vanilla in my arsenal) this isn't a dupe of MAC Vanilla - it's much more the color of a butter stick and has way more sparkle to it. It doesn't have the slight iridescence that MAC Vanilla has either, and of course Vanilla is easier to blend and use.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2008 4:59:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

At first I found this shadow to be a little chalky, so I didn't use it for 6 months. It is the prettiest color though so I tried it again, well prepared with eyecream (dr hauschka) and then UDPP, applied with a flat fluffy brush. The color is a pale golden yellow, perfect for my light golden with a tad light olive skin. I use it as an allover wash, since it matches my skintone and compliments my blue eyes perfectly. Some liner, mascara, and voila! a perfect polished everyday look! I don't like mattes that much, I like the "wet"effect shimmer eyeshadow gives. This shadow is only noticed when light hits it.

Edit: I think I was just lucky when I got it to work before. I have now thrown this away. It just wouldn't apply to my skin without looking chalky...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by darkpoet

Beautiful yellow gold! It is more of a pale yellow gold with a light shimmer. Staying power isn't great by itself, so definitely use an eyelid primer. Great for the undereye area, especially as a liner! Don't apply too much or be prepared for a frosty-yellow gold disaster.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2008 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Frostblade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a bit more yellow than I thought it would be, not good for what I want to do with it.

The glitter parts are a bit big for my tastes.

Have to apply wet or you get a lot of fallout. Well you get a lot of fallout regardless... be prepared for glittery face.