October 31, 2014 | 1558 users online

Gels/Soaps - Trader Joe's - French Liquid Soap Orange Blossom Honey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the most beautiful, seductive and reminiscent of French country, pastoral scene soaps I have used. The formula is gentle to both body and hands and no dryness anywhere in sight. I absolutely LOVE this stuff; it is an amazing and wonderful product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mother bought this many times for use by the kitchen sink for washing hands so ive had a lot of experience with it, and I cant get myself to like it. It dried out my hands a lot, and the scent is cloying. I know a lot of people love this scent so ymmv. i read online that the old formula was heavenly and that the new formula smells weird and dries your hands, so it is quite possible that others reviewed the old formula and im reviewing the new terrible one. it didnt give me a rash or anything crazy so i didnt rate it one star.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by TraderSunny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first bought this after moving away from Florida and missing the smell of orange blossoms and eating orange blossom honey. I fell in love. Now that I'm back in FL and no where near a TJ's I stock up whenever I can. I'm a tad OCD with washing my hands and this hasn't dried them out. It never occurred to me to use it as a body wash, but I LOVE the idea.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Thumbelina1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is my HG body soap I use in the shower. I've tried it on my face and for my scalp and it created some buildup there, so it wasn't good for those places, but as a body soap and shave soap it's fantastic. The pump isn't super, but if you have trouble with it just unscrew the whole top and remove it from the soap bottle. Then, using a towel to grip the bottom part that goes in the soap bottle, try to move the top nozzle until it catches and then open it that way.

Anyway. I LOVE orange blossom, and this is true to how it's supposed to smell. It smells fantastic, doesn't dry my skin out, lathers wonderfully, and is heavenly to use, and is very reasonably priced. I could go on and on about how awesome this is. And, the ingredients list is very simple and good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by LinzeeB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I discovered this by accident two weeks ago when Trader Joe's was out of the liquid hand soap I usually buy. What a great find! The scent of this soap is clean, floral and fresh. My hands don't get dried out from using it like other liquid soaps do. It's pricier than what I normally pay for a liquid hand soap, but that scent is so nice that it's worth it. I wish there was a body lotion and fragrance to match this soap as it's that good!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by plumeriapassion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells amazing, but I was disappointed that it wasn't moisturizing at all. What really peeved me though, was the pump, which shoots soap onto the counter if you aren't meticulous about dispensing it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by ca_sent_beau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Holy grail!! I've never been without this soap since I've first discovered it 2 years ago. And I do not even remember when I have used actual soap (i.e. saponified oils) before discovering this one.
Granted, it still has a higher pH (around 8 when measured with Macherey-Nagel pH-Fix 0-14 sticks) but also lots of retained glycerin and does not leave my skin dry.
At $3.99 for 10 fl. oz. I call it a real bargain. Especially since it is "Made in France", and it is not something you would find at a regular grocery or drugstore or BBW (yuck!), but rather at L'Occitane. (Let me add here that I consider it as better quality than most L'Occitane products, though.)
The main selling point for me, however, is the fragrance. To my nose it smells like linden flower. If you have ever smelled a fragrant linden tree in full bloom, then you must know how hauntingly beautiful this smell is. It is like catching a June breeze laden with the intoxicating smell of linden flower. You cannot help but searching for the tree.
Now, Trader Joe's gives me the opportunity to live this dream the entire year. Thank you, Trader Joe's, and please, do not even consider of discontinuing it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by LemursInTrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This soap is so delicious! I never thought of buying anything Orange Blossom scented but I am addicted now! I would kill to find a perfume with this scent! It cleans well and doesn't dry. I will buy as long as they keep making it. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:09:00 PM More reviews by aileenbr

I love the scent of this orange blossom soap. Haven't used it on my body, just as a hand soap by the sink. My husband uses it and hasn't complained that it's too girly, but he'll use whatever soap I put out there. This one is fresh, floral, and clean to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am happy to report that this is an amazing find. It is an all natural soap that smells delicious!!! I use it on my hands and in the shower. I can not believe that even if i do not put lotion on my skin feels soft!!! I have had super dry skin my whole life...this does not leave any weird film or residue. I am trying out allnatural alternatives toincluding oils and this soap is HG status. Have already given it as gifts and repurchased. I am now scared they will discontinue this!!! Like everything else I love. There are no sls in it and the only known skin irritant could be the fragrance from essential oils. I even used it on my dry pre-rosecea face and can not believe had NO reaction. I LOVE this. I used my Amazing Grace body wash the other night(can never give that up) but oddly felt itchy after using something natural!! Ingredients: Filtered water,Coconut and olive oil, Natural Vegtable Glycerin,Tea Cocoate,Aloe Leaf Extract,Vitamin E, Tetrasodium EDTA(anti-oxident) and Natural Fragrance from essential oils. 3.99 dollars from Trader Joe's. Great Price for a high quality product. My boyfriend came home the other night after I had used it in the shower and said, what smells so good in here? He never notices anything!!! Try it and you will be amazed at the smell and its ability to clean without drying. I want a perfume like this soooo much..aah wishful thinking.