Trader Joe's French Liquid Soap Orange Blossom Honey

4.6

on 1/16/2015 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this hand soap. The scent is to die for -honey, tea and citrus. It leaves the hands clean. I also use it on the face occasionally, without any side effects. It can be a bit drying for the skin.

Glad that it has all natural ingredients and costs less, compared to high-end hand soaps which have SLS and other chemicals!

on 1/7/2015 8:13:00 PM

I'm the 20-something who lives in the transition state between not having enough money to buy all the nice things but also not wanting to live in a hovel full of Star Wars posters and bean bag chairs. My point is, I want to be sophisticated but need to be cheap. This soap fits the bill nicely, smelling like a proper soap and having a nice consistency but also being about $3.50 a bottle and lasting two months. No off-brand Dial for this household!

on 8/14/2013 7:35:00 PM

One of the most beautiful, seductive and reminiscent of French country, pastoral scene soaps I have used. The formula is gentle to both body and hands and no dryness anywhere in sight. I absolutely LOVE this stuff; it is an amazing and wonderful product.

on 7/15/2013 9:38:00 PM

My mother bought this many times for use by the kitchen sink for washing hands so ive had a lot of experience with it, and I cant get myself to like it. It dried out my hands a lot, and the scent is cloying. I know a lot of people love this scent so ymmv. i read online that the old formula was heavenly and that the new formula smells weird and dries your hands, so it is quite possible that others reviewed the old formula and im reviewing the new terrible one. it didnt give me a rash or anything crazy so i didnt rate it one star.

on 6/25/2013 12:28:00 PM

I first bought this after moving away from Florida and missing the smell of orange blossoms and eating orange blossom honey. I fell in love. Now that I'm back in FL and no where near a TJ's I stock up whenever I can. I'm a tad OCD with washing my hands and this hasn't dried them out. It never occurred to me to use it as a body wash, but I LOVE the idea.

on 11/7/2012 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

OMG, this is my HG body soap I use in the shower. I've tried it on my face and for my scalp and it created some buildup there, so it wasn't good for those places, but as a body soap and shave soap it's fantastic. The pump isn't super, but if you have trouble with it just unscrew the whole top and remove it from the soap bottle. Then, using a towel to grip the bottom part that goes in the soap bottle, try to move the top nozzle until it catches and then open it that way.

Anyway. I LOVE orange blossom, and this is true to how it's supposed to smell. It smells fantastic, doesn't dry my skin out, lathers wonderfully, and is heavenly to use, and is very reasonably priced. I could go on and on about how awesome this is. And, the ingredients list is very simple and good.

on 4/19/2010 12:55:00 PM

I discovered this by accident two weeks ago when Trader Joe's was out of the liquid hand soap I usually buy. What a great find! The scent of this soap is clean, floral and fresh. My hands don't get dried out from using it like other liquid soaps do. It's pricier than what I normally pay for a liquid hand soap, but that scent is so nice that it's worth it. I wish there was a body lotion and fragrance to match this soap as it's that good!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Smells amazing, but I was disappointed that it wasn't moisturizing at all. What really peeved me though, was the pump, which shoots soap onto the counter if you aren't meticulous about dispensing it.

on 4/22/2009 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy grail!! I've never been without this soap since I've first discovered it 2 years ago. And I do not even remember when I have used actual soap (i.e. saponified oils) before discovering this one.
Granted, it still has a higher pH (around 8 when measured with Macherey-Nagel pH-Fix 0-14 sticks) but also lots of retained glycerin and does not leave my skin dry.
At $3.99 for 10 fl. oz. I call it a real bargain. Especially since it is "Made in France", and it is not something you would find at a regular grocery or drugstore or BBW (yuck!), but rather at L'Occitane. (Let me add here that I consider it as better quality than most L'Occitane products, though.)
The main selling point for me, however, is the fragrance. To my nose it smells like linden flower. If you have ever smelled a fragrant linden tree in full bloom, then you must know how hauntingly beautiful this smell is. It is like catching a June breeze laden with the intoxicating smell of linden flower. You cannot help but searching for the tree.
Now, Trader Joe's gives me the opportunity to live this dream the entire year. Thank you, Trader Joe's, and please, do not even consider of discontinuing it.

This soap is so delicious! I never thought of buying anything Orange Blossom scented but I am addicted now! I would kill to find a perfume with this scent! It cleans well and doesn't dry. I will buy as long as they keep making it. LOVE!

Popular Gels/Soaps