November 28, 2014 | 841 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - Dr. Pepper lipsmackers

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm is a mood booster for me. When I open this balm, instantaneously I feel the soda bubbles rush into my nose! It's an awesome feeling because I love the smell of Dr. Pepper.

This lip balm gives amazing moisture and a hint of color. On my pinkish beige lips, this gives me a slight reddish-pink tint. I quite like the formula because it's thick but not too greasy and for the price, you can't beat it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Andie97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy moly this has a ton of reviews! I have had a Dr. Pepper lip smacker in my makeup bag for 15 years now (not the same one obviously), so that's some loyalty. This not only smells wonderful (if your a Dr. P fan), it gives lips the most beautiful cherry/rose wash of color and subtle shine. It's like the old school version of Baby Lips, minus the drying effect those have. I wore nothing but his for a whole year, and people would always ask me what lip color I had on because it was so pretty. They were always shocked when I told them it was this. I don't think you're ever too old for these, in fact, I actually just purchased the limited edition 70's throwback trio with Grape, Orange, and Pina Colada! Dr. Pepper, however, is the best lipsmacker of all time!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's a waxy, chapstick feeling lipbalm with a rosy tint and a nice Dr. Pepper scent/taste. I find all Lipsmackers to be too thick feeling, and usually end up chewing them off. I wouldn't use this to moisturize my lips, but the colour is perfect for when you don't want to wear lipstick but don't want to look washed out. Really lovely, natural colour.

I've purchased this stuff numerous times because it's dirt cheap and easy to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ChoiLatte

Pros:
- really cheap price (I got mine for less than $1.50)
- veryyyy moisturizing
-- does not feel sticky or heavy at all
-- I can wear this during the cold weather!
--- I usually need a heavy moisturizing lip balm during the fall and winter
- last for a couple hours
-- I don't feel the need to reapply so often
- leaves a very subtle cherry-red tint on my lips
-- perfect for everyday use
- smells like cherry soda!
-- may not be a pro for you if you hate fragrances

Cons:
NONE!!!

Seriously. Go buy this. I doubted this product, but I bought it because of the highly raved reviews on MA. Seriously. Buy this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

The smell is great, el cheapo price, very nice rosy/berry tint on my lips... it's all good! I don't really think this tastes like Dr Pepper and it's not moisturizing enough for seriously chapped lips, but this is a great little tube to keep in your purse/desk drawer/night stand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by QueenofAngolmois18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I remember having this when I was a kid. I love Dr.pepper so you know I would love this, It leaves a nice rosy color to the lips and it's easy to put in your pocket or purse. The smell is delish and not fake. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a staple! It's nourishing, tastes delish, and leaves a healthy rosey color on the lips. Love!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by kraftykaitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Like almost everyone else here, I just love this product! It's great for looking polished at work when I don't have time to fuss with re-applying lipstick, gloss, liner, etc. I can apply this without looking and know that it looks fine. Also, a good tip is to use this to refresh a lipstick that is starting to dry your lips out. I find it looks nice with most colors and brings your lips back to life! :) Looks, smells, and tastes great! Moisturizing and just plain wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely go-to lip product for the past few years, Bonne Bell's Dr. Pepper lipsmackers was even a favorite of my mom's when she was a teenager.

Gives your lips a light, subtly glossy tint that brings just the right amount of lively color to your lips(think pinching your cheeks to get that natural glow.) Not too showy and not too naked-looking, I feel confident swiping this on my lips to overall look a bit more polished. Lasting time is fantastic even though the balm itself isn't particularly heavy. I'll apply liberally before bedtime and still need to wipe my lips before breakfast!

I love the smell. I usually stray away from soda-flavored balms, especially because without the carbonation I always thought it smelled like waxy flat soda, though this is a perfect ode to a perfect soda and I have no issues with the way it smells or tastes. I wouldn't say it is incredibly, fabulously moisturizing, though it does the job as a lip balm nonetheless. If it weren't for the color, I don't think I'd reach for it as often.

I love the texture/feel, it's very smooth and moisturizing-feeling, a bit more oily than waxy and more thin than, say, EOS balms are(with twice the lasting time.) My mom can tell when I'm not wearing this and she never fails to ask me if I've "dolled my lips up" that day or not if they're looking lackluster and pale. lol

Just go ahead and gamble that $1-2 on this cult favorite, you might end up loving it more than your more expensive balms in your purse.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Blegh! I must be the only person on my planet who hates this stuff. The smell and tint are great, but the texture is just awful. It's like mineral oil on my lips, just greasy, wet, and not moisturizing.