October 22, 2014 | 989 users online

Polishes - OPI - Yokohama Collection- Baybridge Sunset

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by caiya

I bought this nail polish when I was living in Yokohama...at a shop very near the very Bay bridge it was named after! Love the hue and the little holographic glitters that make it twinkle just a little. Very beautiful unique color, but still not overwhelming. Dries and applies very well. Would def buy again! One of my favorites~

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

AMAZING HG nail polish. This was the first OPI I'd tried and I fell in love straight away. It's perfect on my pale cool skin and I get constant compliments (like every day!!!!). It lasts and lasts and I can often get a week with only very very minor tip fading. I love that this colour has glitter in it as I love shimmer/glow products (but it's completely suitable for work). This is my favorite nail polish and I'll always continue to buy it! The only thing is that it does get goopy after 6 months or so, but I'm going to try Seche Restore to see if it helps/or another thinner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 9:07:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gaahhh, I love this, absolutely in my top 10! I have to admit though that this is, indeed, quite similar to DS Vintage & also Day at the Peach.

In indirect light, all three are virtually identical; I can barely tell them apart. The main differences in my eyes is in the sunlight: DatP is a teeny bit lighter and reflects just a little more gold or copper, but the holo effect is quite similar. DS Vintage is almost the exact same shade but has a little more "bling" to the holo effect.

While this one is my personal favorite among the three colors, it is most definitely *VHTF* in the U.S. (I swapped for mine -- thank you, Jen!!!) If you can find DatP or DS Vintage more easily or for less money, I have to agree with wombat that then you probably don't need this one too.

In the meantime though, due to my irrational nail polish obsession, I will jealously guard my "precious," LOL. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this nail polish as it isn't just holographic, it has gold shimmer too!

It applies beautifully, so smooth and not runny like some of the Yokohamas. It is a similar shade to OPI DS Vintage. Vintage is much more holographic though, Bay Bridge Sunset is a little more subtle and glowy.

The price is a 3 because they aren't cheap like the ones online but it was cheaper than an OPI in the store here in New Zealand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by wombat

**PICTURE contained in this review , please click "continued >>" to see****
This is from the Yokohama Collection, which is an Asian exclusive collection from OPI. I understand you can purchase them in Australia/ Japan/ Hong Kong and Taiwan and probably most other Asian countries. I marked price as 5 since it's very expensive in Australia (RRP for 20AUD which is 15~17USD depending on exchange rate).

The color is a Holographic shimmer with pinked-coral-orange base. In my opinion, it's pretty much a dupe of OPI Design Series in 'Vintage'. I've taken a few swatches and comparisions below and honestly, when both colors are on my nails I could not spot the difference. Although under the sun the Vintage bottle looks more holographic, on the nails it's the same. It's same finish as the holographic shades in OPI Design Series collections. Indoors it's a lovely intense shimmer, rich and vibrant, not quite a foiled finish but shimmery indeed. Outdoors under the sun when the holo kicks in, it's an amazingly reflective holographic rainbowy shimmer (as can be captured in the sunlight pictures below in the bottle with the rainbowy shimmers, you get that same rainbow flash in the nails. In my opinion, if you have the 'Vintage' shade, you really dont need this one.

My picture's a pretty accurate swatch of the color, it's pigmented enough to be opaque in two coats. The consistency and finish is usual OPI quality, it is a pro-wide brush bottle (not all the Yokohama collection is equipped with pro-wide brushes). I had no troubles with application, the shimmers are not bumpy or touchably gritty, basically the shimmers are embodied in the polish itself, the finish is very smooth.
Topcoat was Essie.