April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #168 Large Angled Contour Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Great countour brush, gets into the hollow of your cheeks (even better if suck in your cheeks when applying) to define your cheek bone. Soft and one of the better ends of the Mac brush range!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this brush for more concentrated, precise blush application. Very soft. Does not shed. Washes wonderfully and retains its shape. It does, however, stain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best blusher brush I've ever owned. I've tried and failed with so many other brushes, but this one comes out on top. The bristles are super duper soft and pick up just the right amount of product. For people like me who aren't experts, this is the easiest blush brush to use without the risk of going overboard. I love NARS blushes for which obviously, a little goes a LONG way, so the MAC 168 is perfect for featherlight work. My only gripe is the staining of the bristles. I'm a little OCD so it does put me off a little sometimes that I can never keep the bristles snowy white, but that's a tiny flaw in contrats to the overwhelming benefits I reap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two of these because I love this brush! I think it's the perfect brush to apply blush with, and that's mostly what I use it for. I know a lot of people use it to contour, and i've used it for that, but I really prefer the 109 brush for that. It does have natural hair, and i've had a couple hairs shed over time, but it doesn't bother me. It will stain over time, but I clean it regularly so it's not too bad. I clean my natural hair brushes with baby shampoo, and rinse with a small amount of conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive been needing an angled brush FOREVER and I finally decided upon the MAC 168 because of the reviews Ive heard about it. Unfortunately I am not that impressed with it. It holds pigment really well but I find that it is not stiff enough and it doesn't give the effect I am trying achieve because it looses shape and flattens out which I feel defeats the purpose of it being angled. I personally wish I hadn't forked over the 38$ for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush I have been wanting forever! I have purchased almost all MAC brushes, but somehow this one never caught my attention unfortunately, as I would have saved so much money just buying this one!! The name of this brush however is misleading, it is called a Large Angled Contour Brush. Large is definately a misnomer. The head is small compared to the 116 blush brush...And I prefer it this way. Perfect size for contouring under the cheekbones and jawline, perhaps at a stretch, the nose (although I prefer my MAC 227 for this). I am planning on buying two more of these...One for a blush brush (way better than 116 which is still too big) and one for highlighting. It is also super soft. For referance, I have used the 109 and 165 for contouring, and this is definately better. The 109 is good for blending the contour, I thought the 165 would be good because of its tapered edge, but I think it was too big and therefore hard to control where the product ended up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 11:49:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have bought a few blush brushes (elf, Sephora, and real techniques) and none of them hold a candle to MAC's.

I was skeptical to buy this brush since it is natural hair (goat? I think) and I tend to prefer synthetic since it sheds less and tends to last longer but I knew MAC makes raved about brushes so I broke down and bought it.

AND BOY AM I GLAD. A lot of times my problem with "blush" brushes for me is that they are 1) to big for my small facial features and 2) they are so scratchy they just don't apply the product evenly. This amazing brush does not suffer from either of those. I can contour or apply blush without worrying about it getting EVERYWHERE and because the bristles are both soft AND dense the product applies evenly and smoothly!

LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jacquie649

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of my favourite face brushes from MAC. It's such a versatile brush. I use mine to put on blush, which the angle makes so easy to do. The white bristles are super soft and never shed, but stain very easily so cleaning with a brush cleanser after every few uses is recommended. One thing I don't like about this brush is the fact that it doesn't maintain its shape very well after washing. The bristles start to splay out. If you're going to invest in this brush, I highly recommend buying brush guards to keep it in shape.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

I bought this brush a while back thinking it would be a great all-rounder for blush application and power contouring. Well, for the latter it does a great job in conjunction with my beloved NARS Laguna. For the former however... only so-so. I find that it applies too much, and it looks choppy and uneven. Bristles are super-soft and it hardly, if ever, sheds. I like applying my Dior Amber Diamond highlighter with it also. Nice brush, but not a must-have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:29:00 PM More reviews by annakimla

Very convenient brush for contouring.