July 29, 2014 | 1986 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #168 Large Angled Contour Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kaitaritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my first high end brush ever and WOW does it ever make a difference!! It picks up the tiniest bit of product and makes the most of it, spreading it evenly over my face. It really makes a huge difference to my blush and bronzer application. I love it and am so happy with it. I definitely see it staining which is annoying but not that bad.

Edited to add: this brush is still great a couple weeks later but it sheds! Not impressed with that. I would take half a star off if half stars were possible.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by shi1

This is a workhorse of a brush. I love the size and shape of it because it makes it very versatile. Its small enough to apply blush pretty precisely, and soft/fluffy enough to blend it out. Same goes for contouring. The shape is very good for getting into the contours of the cheek comfortably, and then it easily blends it out. I have a small face, so I can say that its small enough to fit in the hollow of my cheek. The hairs are white, so it stains with use, but I don't mind - it just shows that it has been well loved. It is made with natural hairs, so it will never be as soft as synthetic, but it distributes product well. It does not pick up too much product at once which is nice. Great multi-tasking brush at a decent price (you get what you pay for).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Susie0205

This one is my go to blush brush, it can also be used as contour brush as the shape is easily to control, the brush is so soft natural hair

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by rojeda

this brush is average for me, still sheds and ive had it for over a year now. and its recently started to distribute my blush unevenly making it look patchy and muddy. this may be due to wear and tear, but i do take good care of my brushes, and im just dissappointed that a brush so expensive isnt as good as my real techniques and ecotools ones..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Great countour brush, gets into the hollow of your cheeks (even better if suck in your cheeks when applying) to define your cheek bone. Soft and one of the better ends of the Mac brush range!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this brush for more concentrated, precise blush application. Very soft. Does not shed. Washes wonderfully and retains its shape. It does, however, stain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best blusher brush I've ever owned. I've tried and failed with so many other brushes, but this one comes out on top. The bristles are super duper soft and pick up just the right amount of product. For people like me who aren't experts, this is the easiest blush brush to use without the risk of going overboard. I love NARS blushes for which obviously, a little goes a LONG way, so the MAC 168 is perfect for featherlight work. My only gripe is the staining of the bristles. I'm a little OCD so it does put me off a little sometimes that I can never keep the bristles snowy white, but that's a tiny flaw in contrats to the overwhelming benefits I reap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have two of these because I love this brush! I think it's the perfect brush to apply blush with, and that's mostly what I use it for. I know a lot of people use it to contour, and i've used it for that, but I really prefer the 109 brush for that. It does have natural hair, and i've had a couple hairs shed over time, but it doesn't bother me. It will stain over time, but I clean it regularly so it's not too bad. I clean my natural hair brushes with baby shampoo, and rinse with a small amount of conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 6:26:00 PM More reviews by ScNaiad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ive been needing an angled brush FOREVER and I finally decided upon the MAC 168 because of the reviews Ive heard about it. Unfortunately I am not that impressed with it. It holds pigment really well but I find that it is not stiff enough and it doesn't give the effect I am trying achieve because it looses shape and flattens out which I feel defeats the purpose of it being angled. I personally wish I hadn't forked over the 38$ for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush I have been wanting forever! I have purchased almost all MAC brushes, but somehow this one never caught my attention unfortunately, as I would have saved so much money just buying this one!! The name of this brush however is misleading, it is called a Large Angled Contour Brush. Large is definately a misnomer. The head is small compared to the 116 blush brush...And I prefer it this way. Perfect size for contouring under the cheekbones and jawline, perhaps at a stretch, the nose (although I prefer my MAC 227 for this). I am planning on buying two more of these...One for a blush brush (way better than 116 which is still too big) and one for highlighting. It is also super soft. For referance, I have used the 109 and 165 for contouring, and this is definately better. The 109 is good for blending the contour, I thought the 165 would be good because of its tapered edge, but I think it was too big and therefore hard to control where the product ended up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No