November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Pressed Powder-Fair Pink

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by kyearous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I really liked this product. Then I looked closely in the mirror and saw pores, pores, pores!

I need to do some more experimenting, but for now, this is not something I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by tia347

The only reason why I did not like this product is b/c the color is way too light for me. Also I wish the packaging was a little bit better but still good for the environment. Other than that I love the new pressed powder in my color. It's great.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Rydenfan3

Disclaimer-I do use EM mineral foundation and it works great for me & is much cheaper than BE. That's why this pressed powder is sooooo frustrating.

I threw this product in the trash yesterday so I would NOT use it again-that's how bad it is. First off, it is difficult to apply with the little sponge they provide. Any time I've put this stuff on, it sinks directly into my pores and stays there, looking like I've applied a thin coat of spackle to my face. I've tried blending with my fingertips but no joy. The final straw was yesterday-after work I went out for pizza and when I went to the restroom and looked in the mirror I had a POWDER MUSTACHE that was not there when I had applied the damn stuff an hour earlier. Horrid, horrid, never again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Eh. That seems to be my general feeling about Everyday Minerals. While the color of this is okay for me, the application sucks, and the packaging is worse. HATE the stupid cardboard container that opens all the time in my purse. HATE the crappy little sponge they give you (DO NOT USE IT), and even with brush application, it makes my pores look ridiculously large. I gave it a 2 lippies, though, because the color really is perfect for my very pale face, which is a hard thing to find. I'll play with this a little more, with other brushes, to see what I can come up with. I want it to work!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 4:29:00 PM More reviews by kak513

Rats, I was hoping I could love this and save my dusty bathroom counter tops! The color is pretty decent on me; not perfect, but I could get away with it. It's just that I cannot, for the life of me, get smooth coverage. It's not that I'm flaky or have large pores either--I exfoliate every single morning with Cetaphil and baking soda--I just can't get this product to apply evenly. I tried the sponge that came with it and various brushes, and it's always clumpy and uneven. I also find that the color is a little gray on me, but it certainly doesn't look that way in the pan. I think the jojoba oil ingredient must not be the best medium for allowing me to spread this on my skin, although it bonds the powder nicely in the compact. I applied this, looked awful, and then used regular loose EM sandy fair matte powder over it and looked 100 times better. Maybe in a desperate late-for-work situation I could use this, but I'm terribly disappointed that this sucks so much. I think $12 is too much as well. They need to come up with a way better tool for application for this product. As it stands, I couldn't even keep this in my purse for touch-ups--the coverage is way too heavy and it would be obvious. I think having heavy coverage in mineral makeup is a really nice option, but this needs to be reworked.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 9:08:00 PM More reviews by unloveable82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok the cardboard thing is cool and all for being recyclable, but i MISS a built in mirror. Other than that, I love this. The disclaimer should be that it can go on very heavy and opaque. Fo me it covers up my psoriasis on my neck perfectly, you can barely see it except for some dryness. I love it to death. Its super effective as a cover up and last for hours right through sweating at the gym.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by boadicea23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a week. It is pale (I'm also an NW15) but it's perfect for me. The sponge that comes with it is really thin and flimsy so I'd recommend not using it. I use a velour puff that I got at Sally's. At first, yes, it's very heavy makeup and you have to buff it down with a clean kabuki. But as my puff became saturated with product, I find that I'm using less and less. Probably when I clean my puff, I will have the same thing again with it being heavy. It's still Everyday Minerals quality (doesn't turn orange, doesn't break me out, etc) As far as the packaging, it doesn't bother me as I don't really do touch-ups during the day. I like the pressed as it takes much less time to apply and get an even coverage than with the loose.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Cristy_amk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Personally I like the Fair Pink Pressed Powder and I would buy it again. I generally wear Multi Tasking Loose Powder and this is a pretty good match--maybe a tad lighter. Coverage is Medium, you should really only start off with a small amount and keep building up (like you do w/loose minerals anyway). I would suggest if your skin is flaky be sure to exfoliate really well before hand because this can emphasize them if you're not careful. I know some people have had problems with the packaging. So far I haven't. I did put it in a sandwich bag in my purse to be on the safe side, but I've banged it around and even dropped it on the floor when it fell out of my purse once but the mineral powder has not broken other than a very small crack near the side. LOL, for anyone still concerned about this, ask yourself "have you ever had a compact that DIDNT break up a bit?" I sure haven't! I have the empty compacts stacked up in my bathroom to prove it (boy I hate to throw out a perfectly good mirror!). UPDATED: 1-31-08, Still like the product. It's become my regular everyday foundation. Again I caution about exfoliating-if you're skin is flaky, rough, it does emphasize that so please exfoliate or buff first. I also have large pores and if you don't blend blend blend it can settle into the pores (Keep in mind, my pores are HUGE and I also have acne scars so not everyone may have this problem). IMO: Pro/Cons: Pros: Heavy coverage (I need it!), Quick application (Goes on quick just make sure you blend thorougly), Comes in Compact to take in your purse/bag (again I recommend putting a makeup bag or some type of baggie). Cons: Not as natural as Loose Powder, Not as forgiving if you don't blend, May emphasize Pores, Flakes, etc. if you don't blend, you do have to be careful w/packaging though I don't think it feels or looks cheap. All around, I love the compact just allow extra time exfoliate before hand and allow extra time to blend. The sponges that come with it (2 came in mine) are nice I just get the feeling they may have to be replaced frequently.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 6:14:00 AM More reviews by rubey

I ordered this in Fair Pink. I am pretty pale right now and I have to say I feel this can sometimes make me look ghostly if I do not use a little bit of bronzer on top of it. I wish they would offer this pressed powder in more shades!!! Three shades is just not enough and in my opinion the loose powder is just too messy to carry around in my purse.

This powder does offer excellent coverage...I do think it qualifys as a full coverage powder. I mean if Im not careful in applying it, it can easily be overapplied and look cakey. It does stay on for a long time and if applied correctly it will create a gorgeous flawless appearance. Excellent at getting rid of shine. This pressed powder is definitely heavier then EM's loose powders. You get a ton of powder for $12 since a little bit goes a long way but I feel it is overpriced because what exactly are we paying for anyway.....its all natural ingredients in a cheap cardboard compact lol.....i think around $8 would be a fair price. Overall, if they come out with more colors that would better match my skintone I will definitely buy this again but as of right now I feel the Fair Pink is just WAY too fair for me and I am pale.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by lboger

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

EM semi matte foundation is my holy grail and I will rave forever for it, however I do not like the pressed formula. I was so dissapointed because I waiting for the release of the pressed formula, checking the website weekly for an update. This is very cakey imo and doesn't apply well like the loose. The color is also darker, I wear fair neutral in the loose and ordered fair pink because it was only this or the yellow available in the fair category. I don't like the packaging either. I was hoping to use this exclusively for touch ups to carry in my purse but with no mirror and a cardboard compact that failed to meet that expectation. I love EM but sorry guys this isn't good.