October 20, 2014 | 1919 users online

Pressed Powders - Isadora - Mineral Compact Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Why, oh why is this discontinued in Scandinavia? :G This was such a good powder. Sure, it did transfer a bit, like other powders, but it was a bit like a foundation-powder: actually gave some coverage. And: your face felt like suede afterwards - this made it soooo soft! The colour 20 Translucent Sand was perfect for me. I don't like mineral powders, but this one was great! I wish they still produced it :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Millan21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this powder, I have Light Opal and it's almost exactly my skintone. This is the only pressed powder I ever tried, and It's barely anything left so I think I am going to buy a new one. I wont bother trying a different brand when this is so good. I apply it whit a kabuki brush over my foundation or I just put concealer on and use this as a foundation applied with a spunge.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 9:19:00 AM More reviews by konfetka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, I have to admit this is ONE OF THE BEST powders ever!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Jooley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder as a replacement to my No.7 (Boots the Chemist in the UK) brand as you can't get No.7 here. I usually use loose powder but as it can be hard to deal with on the go, i decided to try pressed instead. I thought i would give Isadora a try as even though i love L'Oreals foundations (most of 'em!) i know that Isadora is popular here in Scandinavia and so i thought i'd see what all the fuss was about as well as the hype about mineral based makeup. Plus, it was cheaper than L'Oreal's powder :)

This was such a great purchase! I have pale to medium yellow/pink toned skin (L'Oreal Nude Beige 15/16) and i bought this in shade 21 Pink Opal. Needless to say it isnt very pink and works wonderfully over my more yellow based foundation. It has a very silky feel to it and gives a good matte coverage. Must mention though that the little powder puff that comes with this is absolutely rubbish and waaay to thin. It made the powder go on too thickly and cakey the first few times i used it, and so i thought the powder wasnt that good. But as soon as I binned it and used my extra large BodyShop powder brush instead, i got a light silky veil of powder and my face stayed matte longer than it ever did with the No7 stuff (i got around 2 hours out of No7, this i got minimum 3 hours out of (more if i use foundation primer), and i have combination skin with a very oily T-zone)

I would even go as far to say that this is the best powder i have tried in around 10 years. It could also double up as a powder foundation when in a hurry. But if used as such it would be better to use a thicker smaller brush or powder puff to put on more at once, as it does go on quite thickly when applied with other types of brushes.

The packaging is ok, nothing amazing but enough for the price. It also has a built in mirror which is very handy. I payed NOK170 for this (approx Ģ15, or $28US) which isnt too bad, although i wouldnt have payed more for it, considering you can get high end brands in the UK and US for a few dollars more. However, where i live the choice is limited and you pay tons more for high end brands so this powder will do me fine until i find something better for the price :)

UPDATE: as of October 2009, Pink Opal 21 and the next lightest colour are going to be discontinued in Norway! Why oh why?! Not all Scandinavians have tanned skin... why doesn't Isadora seem to cater for us? I had the same problem with their foundation as well. I recommend a stock up on this product cause it's going to be gone pretty soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 8:50:00 AM More reviews by punkelikat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder ever made. I love it so much! I've tried the colour 21 Light Opal, and it actually is kind of like a foundation. You can choose if you just want to matte your face, or if you want to cover. It doesn't clog pores at all, and lasts quite long.
As all compact powders, it breaks easily. I've had two and broke both, so now I need to buy a new one! It's totally worth it though, here in Sweden it costs 130 kronor which is about 10 pounds.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The Isadora mineral line contains foundations, eyeshadows, blushes and these pressed powders. If you read the brochure the foundation, eyeshadow and blush is all natural and 100% minerals. But when it coms to this product they don't say that. And after reading the inci list I understand why. This isn't all that natural and mineral. Just a basic talc powder that contain a few minerals (mica, titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, silica, clay....) and a lot of other stuff that don't sound natural. Talc is a mineral ( magnesium silicate). A sales person tried to sell this as a foundation to a friend and then we couldn't understand why, but now I do. This is more like a pressed powder foundation, then a powder. It goes on quite "heavy" more foundation like, than powder like, with a light to medium. coverage. The coverage gets more heavy when you apply a second time, and the result is matte. As a powder foundation it is ok, not the most natural mineral makeup result, more a liquid foundation with good coverage type finsh. As a powder, a bit too heavy. It also hasn't the best staing power/ oil control power, like most talc powders it melts and goes in my pores. So if you have a more normal skintype try it as a pressed powder foundation.
update!
After using this for about 4 weeks I have to say I have started to like this more. I think this is a 4 now. Works well to take away the mineral makeup glow that I donīt like. The result is matte almoust to ghost like. But after a while you get a more natural look. Still abit heavy. As a compact makeup this is great. Goes on easy, and suede like, only takes a few seconds to apply. The coverage is also good ( not the most natulal, but still good). Controls the oiliness the same as most powders, the same with the shine.