September 30, 2014 | 2075 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - HydraQuench Intensive Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2014 7:45:00 AM More reviews by DanielleFitz1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin was really dry and sensitive to a lot of things so it would feel quite rough at times, but when I went to buy Clarins it brought out the worst possible reaction in my skin, with lumps and bumps! I'm not trying that again. I'm taking Uber Skin from this new brand I came across biocorrex and it's been perfect my for skin type!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by angeldust777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this with the hydraquench moisturiser. I'm not keen on the smell but it does make a difference to my skin keeping it soft and hydrated.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by 9chimera11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product about 3 days back and I'm very impressed. I had to relocate to a country in the Middle East due to work and the desert weather took a great toll on my skin. The air is very dry and burning. My face withered and skin became rough.

I was recommended to buy this serum and the HudraQuench Cream-Gel by the Clarins agent at Debenhams.

It is a bit pricey but I am so glad I bought it. My skin is soft like a baby's bottom now. It no longer feels raw. It feel pampered. I haven't had any breakouts. It smells great.

I apply this product at night then followed by the Cream-Gel. [I apply the Cream-Gel in the morning too]. Immediately it feels very thirst quenching.

I will definitely buy this product again and again. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I have finished my sample (it lasted over a month of everyday use! Well done Clarins!) and I must admit this serum does not really do much for my skin although it kept it in a pretty good nick and did not cause any spots - I am adding one more lippie (3).

Luckily I have received a generous 15 ml sample otherwise it would receive only one lippie from me. It does not make my skin worse (at least that) but it does not make it better either. It is supposed to be bi-phased (one needs to shake it before using) and helping with a dehydrated skin but it just sinks in like water, making my skin maybe slightly softer but that is it. I am using it under my rich Avene sunscreen so I do not really mind but on its own it is only enough for me in the summer.

Packaging is worth noting, pretty blue glass bottle and a convenient pump, I will use it to put in my Lierac Chrono serum (which has a pipette) when it finally runs out.

One more thing worth noting is that is has quite a strong floral smell, so if you are not into perfumed cosmetics this one might not be for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by MaggieRT

I really like this product - it is perfect for my skin and the climate I live in. I live at a very high altitude and it gets very very dry. I've been using this for almost a year now and it has really changed my skin, I think because it is so moisturising. It isn't oily for me and soaks in really quickly. The only down side is the packaging - a pump which isn't so controlling for such a liquidy product. I've found the trick is to shape the palm of my hand into a 'cup' and put the serum on there and then dab it on with my finger. One pump for me is enough. I use this along with the Hydrquench Moisturiser which also seems to work perfectly for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by pianoBUTTER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

The whole Hydraquench range doesnt do anything to my skin. I bought one whole set and have been using them for a year. But now I noticed my skin is drier and more dehydrated than ever. I've been applying this serum religiously every night but my skin just won't absorb. I wake up every morning with an oily, shiny face and after cleansing, my skin feels dry and flaky.

I sometimes use it on days that i don't have classes and within an hour my face starts looking greasy already.

I tried using this serum with other moisturizers from other brands. It just won't work. In attempt to empty the bottle i spray all over my body every day just cos it smells really nice. One lippie for that.

I would highly recommend Mario Badescu's Vitamic C Serum which has not only hydrated, but moisturized and evened out my skin tone and also reduced my back acnes. When im too lazy i use this on its own after cleansing with no moisturizer and yet my skin feels so soft and fresh. I recently had an allergic reaction to a body gel, this serum soothed & reduced red bumps or any breakouts i had from the allergy. My skin absorbs this really fast. Its a must have for those who live in the tropics (like me).

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by kristynad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first, I really like the product as it made my skin soft to touch and nice to look at.
But after a few months, I realized it was doing nothing for my skin, so when I finish the bottle, I wonīt buy it again (you canīt really give something that was used back in Europe).
Skin feels softer, but I can achieve that with much more affordable creams or serums and it doesnīt really hydrate as I sometimes use it on my kinda dry nose and still can see and feel the dryness.

It was very pricy for such a small amount of product and I hate the packaging. The pump may be hygienc, but itīs impossible to get out as much as you need, it always gives the same amount of product, which is bad, because one pump is not enough for my face and two pump s are way too much. The serum feels nice, itīs very watery and has a nice smell.

Overall, I donīt reccomend this product and wouldnīt buy again. If you can, try getting a sample before buying the full size product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Will Never Purchase any Clarins product ever again. If you are allergy prone, sensitive to plants, acne prone Do Not Buy Clarins. It causes Severe Cystic Acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by hazelbd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Nordstroms and I kinda liked it at first, then as the month went buy, my skin wasn't getting softer, it didn't make it break either. Then I realized it was doing nothing for my skin, so I decided to return it. Glad I did, instead I bought bobbi brown Intensive Skin Supplement Serum, and man am I happy I did, it softens my skin like I want with a DIFFERENCE, unlike this serum. Don't buy, does nothing for you.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like the previous reviewer, I'm just not sure what this product actually does for my skin. I got a free bottle as part of some bonus Clarins was having (where I live, when they have specials or GWPs, they really shower you with extra "stuff"). Anyway, I was eager to try this but, to be honest, there is a limit to the number of things I want to pile on my face at any one time, even night time. Lately, though, it has been really warm and humid here and so I thought I would try using this in place of my other night time products (usually a Clarins oil or Lumene retinol night cream or one of several other products). While it is nice and non-greasy and even using it on its own, my skin doesn't seem to be dry or tight, I don't really notice it doing anything spectacular for my skin. I may or may not finish this bottle (it has a pump but the pump isn't exactly the best...product seems to dribble rather than deposit nicely on my fingertips), I would not repurchase. I much prefer using Alpha Hydrox Night Retinol Res-Q as a first layer and then a moisturizer of some sort over that if I need it (in the cooler months, for example) as my night time routine.