Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream

4.1

Aqua, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Distearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Trehalose, Cetearyl Glucoside, Sodium PCA, Steareth-21, Parfum, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Rubus Chamemorus Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, Dimethiconol, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Biosaccharide Gum-4, Cedrelopsis Grevei Bark Extract, Pentylene Glycol, Pyrus Sorbus Bud Extract, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Lapsana Communis Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract, Sorbic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, BHT, CI 19140.

on 4/7/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I've been using this cream for whole winter, and it is lovely. I have atopic, extremely dry and sensitive skin, that usually has a terrible, flaking, red, dry breakout at least once in winter, but not this year! I normally wash my face in the evenings only and thus apply this cream only once a day, but it still keeps my skin moisturized through the day. And I apply it also around my eyes, so no need for any extra products for that area, either.

My previous moisturizer favorite was Louis Widmer's Crème Vitalisante, which was less efficient and more greasy. Before that I used HTH (a Swedish brand) and Essex Plus (a pharmaceutical product).

On the minus side, the price, obviously. I have been hoarding it from sales and airport Tax Frees. And yes, I have already been through a couple of jars, as the cream is thick and one jar doesn't last as long as one would wish. And the jar is not so hygienic either, I would prefer a tube.

on 3/17/2015 8:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

PROs:
I cannot fault a single thing about this product! I live and swear by this. I have been using this for 2 winters now and will continue to again for many more again (that's if my skin doesn't drastically age). Prior to using this I had been using CLARINS HYDRAQUENCH CREAM, and I had been using this for the two winters before that. It is rich in texture, so if your skin is not that dry, I would stick with to the normal HydraQuench Cream.

CONs:
If I'm being real picky, I do wish that I would come in a pump bottle just for hygiene reasons.

on 2/6/2015 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I repurachsed this moisturiser around 4 times after trying a few cheaper alternatives I have realised how average this product actually is. Okay to be fair its good, its a nice deep hydrating cream with goregous packaging and a lovely scent which makes me feel super fancy when I put it on. But its just so expensive for just a moisturiser that has no other benefits than clearing up dry patches (which I have found cheaper ones do better). Its just not nessecary. I find the MooGoo Udder Cream to be much better (I think you can only get this in Australia sorry) and its $11. The La Roche Posay Toleraine Soothing Protective Cream is also much better at hydrating. If I was to splurge again on moisturiser I think I would go back to the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief because the formula is far superior (a lightweight super hydrating gel) than this thick cream. Save your money and get some La Roche Posay or use it elsewhere on a far superior formula. I think it goes without saying that there are new and improved ways of delivering moisture to the skin that are better than thick creams. Clarins is a brand that I love, but there are newer brands (Kate Somerville, Ren, Peter Thomas Roth) that are coming up with innovative solutions that use modern technlogy to impart moisture. While Clarins still has a place in my skincare regime (Pure Melt Cleansing Gel all the way) I think I'll be coming into the future and away from thick creams into new lightweight hydrating formulas. No hate, just personal choice.

on 11/11/2014 12:09:00 AM

I really like how rich and moisturising this cream is. It feels luxurious going on and absorbs nicely and noticeably plumps my very dry skin.

The thing that makes me not want to buy again is the scent. When it first goes on, it is pretty strongly perfumed - which I don't like, even though it doesn't cause me any irritation - and the scent after it has been on (reacting with oils, etc.??) for a few hours is rather off-putting.

I think it works though, so I would consider buying to use as night cream if my current favourites were discontinued.

on 8/15/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

been using for a year. This is the only cream that keeps my skin protected and hydrated. this along with the bio serum are a godsend.

on 7/19/2014 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very very dry skin and this seems to be the only cream which actually does what it is supposed to do. It really does hydrate my skin and makes it feel so much healthier and moisturized. I try and use this day and night, but because it is quite thick (like butter), you do not need to apply a lot as it spreads beautiful. If you are sensitive to fragrances, I suggest asking to smell this product first - because like most Clarins products, there is a perfume type of smell. I don't have an issue with this but I can understand why some people might. My qualms with this product is the price and packaging. But because of how wonderful it feels on my skin, I overlook those points. Clarins will usually have testers of their products and that's how I came across this. I recommend trying the tester and making sure you're spending money on the right cream for you. Because this one, would benefit very dry skin only.

on 3/31/2014 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

As the package says, this is for really dry and/or dehydrated skin. This cream(and yes it is a cream) works extremely well for my dehydrated skin. I SEE and feel a difference when I use it. I rub it between my fingers to warm it up before applying it to my face with light upward strokes and finish on my neck. After that I ever so lightly push it in my skin for a few seconds. My skin LOOKS and feels hydrated. No greasiness or tightness. Just normal, healthy feeling skin. Pros: -no greasy feel when I apply it or afterwards. -doesn't have an obnoxious fragrance (although fragrance doesn't bother me) -actually does what it is supposed to do which is hydrate skin. Cons: -it is really pricey. -it would be great if it was in a squeeze bottle as opposed to a jar just for travel reasons. I am very happy with this moisturizer and will definitely be purchasing again. For reference. I am 33 years old with very fair skin(I'm a red head) that tends to get dehydrated with an oily forehead.

on 1/12/2014 3:42:00 PM

They ran out of my Biotherm at the drug store and this was recommended to me as a good alternative. First of all, it is not a cream, it's really more of a skin balm. It has a very solid consistency that doesn't go on easily. It also has very heavy fragrance that irritates my eyes. It stings if it's anywhere near my eye area, so I had to pick up a second cream just to moisturize around the eye area. Simply put, I did not like this, I can't wait until I finish it so that I can go back to my regular cream.

on 7/12/2013 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely horrible for my sensitive skin. Unfortunately I bought it without testing based on positive reviews, including some from people with sensitive skin (not necessarily here, but on Clarins and retailer's sites). I tried it once and immediately my skin was hot, inflamed, itchy and red. Waste of money. A shame as a lot of Clarins stuff works for me, but not this one.

on 5/16/2013 3:29:00 AM

Alot of people are commenting on the fragrance but it isnt overpowering it just smells like moisutriser to me and it doesnt last! Love this cream its super moisturising in the winter time and because i have super dry skin i always get dry spots and scaly feeling skin but this takes it away completely and it lasts ages i don't need to apply it daily my skin feels soft and moisturised for a few days after, has a lovely feel to it as well!