October 22, 2014 | 2063 users online

Moisturizers - Clarins - HydraQuench Rich Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by angeldust777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

been using for a year. This is the only cream that keeps my skin protected and hydrated. this along with the bio serum are a godsend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by mishella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very very dry skin and this seems to be the only cream which actually does what it is supposed to do. It really does hydrate my skin and makes it feel so much healthier and moisturized. I try and use this day and night, but because it is quite thick (like butter), you do not need to apply a lot as it spreads beautiful. If you are sensitive to fragrances, I suggest asking to smell this product first - because like most Clarins products, there is a perfume type of smell. I don't have an issue with this but I can understand why some people might. My qualms with this product is the price and packaging. But because of how wonderful it feels on my skin, I overlook those points. Clarins will usually have testers of their products and that's how I came across this. I recommend trying the tester and making sure you're spending money on the right cream for you. Because this one, would benefit very dry skin only.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Brandy20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

As the package says, this is for really dry and/or dehydrated skin. This cream(and yes it is a cream) works extremely well for my dehydrated skin. I SEE and feel a difference when I use it. I rub it between my fingers to warm it up before applying it to my face with light upward strokes and finish on my neck. After that I ever so lightly push it in my skin for a few seconds. My skin LOOKS and feels hydrated. No greasiness or tightness. Just normal, healthy feeling skin. Pros: -no greasy feel when I apply it or afterwards. -doesn't have an obnoxious fragrance (although fragrance doesn't bother me) -actually does what it is supposed to do which is hydrate skin. Cons: -it is really pricey. -it would be great if it was in a squeeze bottle as opposed to a jar just for travel reasons. I am very happy with this moisturizer and will definitely be purchasing again. For reference. I am 33 years old with very fair skin(I'm a red head) that tends to get dehydrated with an oily forehead.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

They ran out of my Biotherm at the drug store and this was recommended to me as a good alternative. First of all, it is not a cream, it's really more of a skin balm. It has a very solid consistency that doesn't go on easily. It also has very heavy fragrance that irritates my eyes. It stings if it's anywhere near my eye area, so I had to pick up a second cream just to moisturize around the eye area. Simply put, I did not like this, I can't wait until I finish it so that I can go back to my regular cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely horrible for my sensitive skin. Unfortunately I bought it without testing based on positive reviews, including some from people with sensitive skin (not necessarily here, but on Clarins and retailer's sites). I tried it once and immediately my skin was hot, inflamed, itchy and red. Waste of money. A shame as a lot of Clarins stuff works for me, but not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

Alot of people are commenting on the fragrance but it isnt overpowering it just smells like moisutriser to me and it doesnt last! Love this cream its super moisturising in the winter time and because i have super dry skin i always get dry spots and scaly feeling skin but this takes it away completely and it lasts ages i don't need to apply it daily my skin feels soft and moisturised for a few days after, has a lovely feel to it as well!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Due to the harsh winter I had dehydrated skin and needed a super strong moisturizer. This came at a decent price and since I have been using other Clarins products and being happy with them I decided to give it a try. At the beginning I used it day and night, to repair my parched skin. It feels soft, but not greasy, with a texture better suited for the night. During the day it created a good basis for my make- up, but tended to flake an create little rolls of grease. After a week my skin started to improve and now I use it only at night, but the results are what I'd describe as average. I prefer the Chanel moisturizer or Clinique. Not bad, but I won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by lavelle365

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Due to extreme combination skin (super oily t-zone, super dry rest of face) I have been searching for an ultra hydrating cream which can be applied night and day. It has to work under makeup and not cause foundation to go super shiny. I am very pleased with this product. Jibbed at the price (£33) but it comes in a great big tub filled to the very top, so will last ages. I purchased this and the Normal/dry variant at the same time, and was given a 4-product GWP bag and extra items to try as well, so felt the total haul was good value for money. It provides moisture all day (or all night) and does not feel greasy. Plenty of products can make your skin feel nice for two hours but this really does work for many hours. When this eventually runs out I would not hesitate to re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

I have sensitive combination skin that gets easily dehydrated and this is the best moisturiser i have ever used. i have tried other moisturisers, both from Clarins and from other brands, but I keep coming back to this one.

ETA: This is still a GREAT moisturiser, but it's good to switch things up. I do still go back to this occasionally, but I think Cliniques Moisture Surge Intense works better for my sometimes dehydrated combination skin and the Nordic winter climates. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2012 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Nizze

First I got this as a sample and I used it for a week. I thought the scent was too strong but it did moisture my skin. But I didn't like the scent. I then ended up using Dermalogica Intensive Moisturizer and that one really moistured my skin. I used it over Clarins hydraquench serum. It worked brilliantly! But now when it's 20 degrees minus. That skin routine doesn't work quite as well as before winter anymore. I get dry patches, not so visible perhaps, during the day.

So I decided to get this Clarins hydraquench rich cream over the Clarins hydraquench serum. I've only used it for a week, but I don't think I like it. When i first applied, it stung a bit but I just ignored it. Now a week later, I have redness or red spots all over my left cheek. And it doesn't keep my skin as moistured as my previous skin routine.

Ahh, it's such a shame. I really want to like this crème especially now that I've bought it and it's so expensive. I need to switch back to my previous skin routine!