August 22, 2014 | 1707 users online

Cleansers - Clarins - Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by angeldust777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

been using for a year. I alternate this with the extra comfort cream cleanser. my skin loves this. I use a muslin cloth to remove it. Great for sensitive skin. defo one of my top all time cleansers.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got it from my aunt who was herself not very happy with it

cleanses well, but... created lots of pimples within three days (just like other Clarins skincare products I ever tried)

I am giving it two not one grade as it cleanses ok and does not dry out skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Swiss1

I liked the concept I.e., gel to milk and found that it left my skin much less dehydrated than other wash off cleansers. However, not convinced that it did a good job of cleaning my face - all my t-zone pores remained a clogged. Also I want to use this in the shower in the morning, but to be most effective you have to massage it onto dry skin, which means remembering to put it on before running the shower and getting your hands wet .... Sometimes this is a bit too much for my morning mind ....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:53:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite cleanser! It comes out of the tube like a gel and when massaged onto dry skin the texture changes into an oil which I find removes makeup really well. You then rinse it off with water. I love this because it leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh but also really smooth, but with no residue. It's so much nicer and gentler than foaming face washes which I find can leave my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, especially as my skin is dry and dehydrated but still prone to the odd blemishes. This is the best cleanser I've used for keeping my skin clear and clean.

A little of this goes a long way so a tube lasts ages and it has a really nice orangey scent too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by liselorebon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love everything about this cleanser. Unlike some others here, I feel like this cleans my face better than other cleansers. I like that it starts out as a gel, forming into an oil, this a lot less messy than a liquid oil cleanser. Big advantage!

Whenever I wear heavy makeup, which in my case is never heavier than tinted moisturizer or a BB cream, it feels like this cleanser really breaks down the product and "melts" it off my face -just as it says. I don't wear foundation, but I would imagine that it would work great with that too. I do use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand.

I make sure I rinse it off and I always use a cloth to remove everything. If not, I think it would leave a film on my skin.

Finally, I absolutely love the smell. I realise that when that is the case, it can also be offensive to others. This is not a scent you can ignore!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by damzelsdiamond

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This starts off as a gel and melts into an oil upon contact with the skin. For an oil it feels non greasy and does a good job of removing make up from the skin but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to "love it". If like me, you enjoy the super clean feeling of a foaming cleanser you may be put off by the idea of using an oil. It did its job in that it removed my foundation fully but I didn't feel like it got my skin clean enough. Also, I can't get my head around a skincare product being for "all skin types" I rarely believe in those.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have very mixed feelings about this product. Eventhough I have oilier skin, I like using cleansing oils to take off my makeup because they completely break down everything without stripping the skin. I've been using the Lancome Creme Douceur which is a very similar product. I do prefer that one because after you rinse, there isn't the slighest oily feeling. Just soft and nourished skin. The Pure Melt does do a good job of removing make up, but it does feel a little oilier than the Lancome. It is to rubbed into DRY skin and then rinsed off. I cleanse after using this product and the oily feeling goes away. It's definitely a good product and I like using it but I wouldn't repurshase it probably just because I like the Lancome version more. It's the same price and the same size, while being thicker and just feeling a little bit nicer. Definitely not a bad product at all though.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cwangdom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had just finished a bottle of a Japanese cleansing oil that was doing a decent job but I thought I would branch out and try out some other products out there that were easier to get locally. I have been wanting to give this Clarins product a try and thought this might be just the thing for my first cleanse.

I got a tester at the Clarins counter at my local Bay and loved the smell as well as the texture of the product. The smell is refreshing and slightly citrus-y which is always a nice scent when you're washing your face. I used it as the directions prescribed and it goes on a gel then you massage in and it becomes an oil. Pretty fun.

At first I was just rinsing my face with water after and I thought that would be enough. A couple days later I started breaking out quite badly for me. I'm not completely sure if it is this product or that time of the month so I stopped for a bit and things subsided. I tried again and my face flared up again. Recently though, I decided to try again and clean the product off my face with a hot towel and that has really helped. Just rinsing with a clean hot towel everyday has been helping in general. I have a feeling that the product and makeup was not rinsing off properly with the way I was cleansing before and clogged my pores.

Once I finish the tube I will move on and try some other products. I would rather spend my money ($36 CAD 125ml/4oz ) on something that doesn't have the potential to break me out. This just is not for me.

Edit: 30 Oct 2013 I have stopped using this for about a week and no more major breakouts. So I think this was the culprit. 2 lippies for good packaging, texture and fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by shelly_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I quite liked this cleaning gel/oil. It seemed a reasonable price in AUS (around $40AU from memory), however I quickly learned that so much was required that it was actually very expensive. That wouldn't have bothered me if it had worked, but I realised it was making my skin worse. I broke out in pimples really badly and realised that this was because it DID NOT REMOVE MAKEUP!!

It is quite gentle and if you don't wear makeup or wear minimal makeup perhaps it could work for you. I have found that DERMALOGICA PRECLEANSE IS AMAZING- gentle and removes all traces of makeup. I always double cleanse (an oil based makeup remover followed by Dermalogica Ultracalming cleanser) and even double cleaning whilst using the Clarins puremelt didn't help as the puremelt didn't remove my makeup.

I have sensitive skin that I prone to pimples that time of the month and swear my using a gentle cleanser to rebalance my skin after makeup remover (though not really needed when using the dermalogica pre-cleanse as it doesn't dry my skin out). I figure one cleanse/makeup remover is needed to remove makeup and then one cleanse is needed to cleanse my makeup free skin.

At the end of the day, see if you can get a sample of the puremelt as it may work for you (but use a white towel to see if makeup remains after cleaning - I was horrified when my white towel was orange after using puremelt!!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

The Elemis Melting cleansing gel is much better and so is the one in the Nuxe Rose range. This is average in performance and just feels no where near as good as the Elemis. Cleansing power is average and doens't rinse as cleanly as the Nuxe or Elemis. I like these for taking off eye make up since there is no rubbing and tugging (wipes = no no!). Its like a solid cleansing oil which leaves residue so must be followed by another cleanser. Since its rather pricy I would rather stick with buying cheaper asian style cleansing oils since they do the same but at a third of the price and keep buying the Elemis since i just feel its worth the price.