Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Heptanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glycerin, Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclomethicone, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopherol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 17200/RED 33

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wonder why I haven't tried this earlier, it's fabulous for my skin.
I love the gel consistency and how it emulsifies with water then rinses clean without leaving the skin tight or uncomfortable. It removes make-up and sunscreen perfectly and leaves skin clean and not dried up at all.
I've removed it with a warm, damp terry cloth too for a bit of gentle exfoliation, then rinsed out the remainder. Works both ways.
The tube is well made in the sense that you can squeeze exactly how much you want, probably the thick gel texture helps so it doesn't burst out of the tube easily.
I don't need another cleanser, this is it for me.
It's scented but it doesn't bother my sensitive skin but it may pose an issue for others (some scented products which wreak havoc for others can be good on mine and viceversa, as with everything ymmv so do try a sample first - Clarins are good with giving out samples)

I really liked the texture of this as it's fuss-free and works like a cleansing balm minus the finger-dipping. However, this clogged my pores up and gave me whiteheads over a week's use. I initially thought the whiteheads and bumpy skin was hormonal aka that time of the month, waited it out before using this product again and the same thing happened. Clogged pores, bumpy skin and lots of little whiteheads popped up. It's a shame as I wanted to like this very much indeed. It glides on nicely, emulsifies well and doesn't leave a film on the face but sadly this just didn't work for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This cleanser looks really pretty (it's peach!) and the name sounds luxurious and pampering... 'Pure melt cleansing gel'... However, I regret buying it. I am not too prone to buy skin care by impulse but having had enough with the Estee Lauder take it away remover lotion and being tired and hungry in the shopping center, not to mention bored, this seemed like a much nicer option. Funny thing is, it isn't!

This cleanser looks orange or peach (which is still orange!)... And this colour comes from the synthetic dyes Clarins put in it as one can read from the ingredient list 'Yellow 5 and Red 33' Anyone knows that you mix red and yellow and voila you got yourself orange! So, why would a company that claims to produce 'plant based' products with only the nicest ingredients that mother earth has to offer would place artificial and, most importantly, unnecessary dyes on their products? I should have thought about it the minute I started looking around... Green looking and yellow looking toners... Orange looking cleansers... It's not natural, people, it's Clarins wanting you to believe that if it looks (and smells) like a fruit, flower or plant, then it is 'natural'. In fact, the only natural compound in this cleanser is the Sclerocarya Birrea oil also known as marula oil.

Now, I am not one to think that natural is better. Not by a long shot. However, I find it insulting how Clarins added a lot of fragrance and the dyes to this product to make it look and smell natural. Do they think we're stupid?

Now, I could live with the lie and the dye but what was even more disappointing was the performance of this cleanser. It is pleasant to apply, yes, but it takes forever to remove (at least in areas with hard water) and sometimes left a film. I think all the rinsing over stimulated my skin leaving it irritated every time. However, the worse effect was how this cleanser made my skin feel so dried out, if I moved my face my skin looked and felt like it could crack- I have never seen my skin so dry in my life. My skin is pretty normal, combination at times. So normal/combination is my skin type. When on the third night of using this I had a look at my skin after washing it and saw how dry and flaky it was (as I said, like it would crack) I binned it.

Now, imagine having to bin a product that cost me £20, is infused with synthetic ingredients yet was sold to me as being 'natural and gentle', hurt my skin like no other cleanser I have ever tried... Oh, and it's also incredibly over priced! Livid is not the word. I bought two more Clarins products, unfortunately, and was given a free bag with body stuff. I hope the body stuff is better, because all the facial products were disappointing!

My dermatologist okayed this for removing makeup, and I've repurchased it over and over. It does not aggravate my acne-prone skin nor dry it out. I really appreciate that because a lot of products are either full of stuff that aggravate acne or are for oily, acne-prone skin but cause major dryness. That said, it's on the pricy side! I also definitely have to use toner to really get all the makeup off. So while I do like this a lot, I'm not sure if it's HG status. There have to be makeup removers that won't irritate or dry my skin that are more effective cleansers and cost less. If price is not an issue for you and you wear minimal makeup, this is wonderful! For me, I definitely follow up with Clarin's alcohol-free toner.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this cleanser to remove makeup. I think people that use this on a regular basis as a cleanser by itself should rethink their routine. I first massage this into my face and eyes, let it change into a warm oil, wash my face with warm water and then wash my face with a foaming cleanser. If you are a makeup wearer (especially minerals as they really adhere to the skin) then do two cleansers. One to remove your eye and face makeup, and another to clean your face completely. This, for me was the simplest and most effective cleanser for removing makeup pre-cleanse. I just use a foaming cleanser for the morning and don't use this in my morning routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolutely 💜this cleanser! Melts away make up in minutes and skin feels lovely afterwards! Really clean! I have sensitive skin but have had no issues with any of clarins products. Love it!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a great thick cleanser that goes on as a gel, you rub it until it turns into a liquidy oil, and then as you rinse it off with water it turns milky. It removes tons of heavy makeup in one action, and doesn't need a follow up cleanser, though sometimes i tone afterward with a cotton ball. Amazingly there aren't any traces of makeup left. This dissolves makeup as well as ponds but smells much better, feels luxurious, and has marlula oil in it as an active ingredient. Your skin is left feeling CLEAN not oily, not stripped of moisture, but not with any film either. This is unique and I have yet to have found a similar product that rinses clean with water - most other gel or oily cleansers like this need to be tissued off or end up foaming. This does neither. The gel to oil to milk transition is pretty cool and feels great. No breakouts and will definitely repurchase.

This is my most favourite makeup remover of all time! I have been using this for about two years and estimate that I'm on my 6th tube (roughly four months per tube). I have no desire to try anything else because this ticks all the boxes for me.

No other oil cleanser that I've used is as easy as this, and that comes down to it's gel-like formula (which liquefies on the face, then turns to a cleansing milk with the addition of water). Additionally this makes it really easy to travel with as it won't leak like a liquid oil.

I can't say that this has had any effect on my skin, but it doesn't irritate at all. It removes my makeup with minimal effort. I don't use waterproof mascara, but it removes my regular mascara and other eye makeup, as well as longwear lip products. I follow with another cleanser out of habit, but I would be fine to move on to the rest of my skincare without doing so as I don't find this has an oily residue.

Clarins Pure Melt is $38 at Myer, for a generous 125mL.

This is such an amazing facial cleanser. I don't wear any make up typically apart from the odd bit of concealer but this makes my face feel so clean morning and night without that horrible dry, tight feeling. Used to use kiehls foaming cleanser which didn't break me out but i needed tons of moisturiser straight afterwords to take away the dryness. Still a devout fan of kiehls ultra facial cream and their hydro plumping serum which i swear by for any dryness!! Was a little reluctant at first because of the oil (my skin can break out from any oil) but its so gentle! aaaahhhh could rave about it for days....try it if you're sick of foaming cleansers!

Really like this product gets rid of thick makeup and balances my skin.