Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

caprylic / capric triglyceride, hydrogenated polyisobutene, stearyl heptanoate, polyglyceryl-10 myristate, glycerin, aqua, cyclomethicone, sclerocaryabirrea, parfum, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, tocopherol, methylchloroisothiazolinome, butyl methoxydibenzolylmethane, ethylhexyl salicylate, methylisothiazolinome, bht, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, ci 19140, ci 17200

on 2/24/2015 8:35:00 PM

Really like this product gets rid of thick makeup and balances my skin.

on 2/6/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is the best gel cleanser I have used and continues to be in rotation in my daily skin care. It melts away face and eye makeup easily by emulsyfing the product due to the gel formula. The gel based forumla does not have any froth when it touches the water. The cleanser spreads on like a gel then once worked into the skin it breaks down the grime and turns into an oil, cleaning but also leaving the skin feeling moisturised and nourished (not stripped of all healthy oils). Once water is added the product turns to a milk which also mositurises and nourishes whilst cleaning too. I have repurchased this twice and will continue to!

on 9/28/2014 6:28:00 PM

Absolutely obsessed.

I love Clarins, it's reasonably priced luxury skincare that does what it says on the label. I picked this up after trying a similar product made by No7 and I have to say I'm so glad I did.

I have quite blackhead prone skin, especially around my nose and this is the only thing that has ever cleared them. It's amazing. The formula is so luxurious with the way it comes as a gel but melts to an oil, no mess - and leaves skin totally soft.

For only 20 it's a steal and I've repurchased my second bottle in advance because I don't ever want to run out of this stuff.

on 8/15/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

been using for a year. I alternate this with the extra comfort cream cleanser. my skin loves this. I use a muslin cloth to remove it. Great for sensitive skin. defo one of my top all time cleansers.

on 5/22/2014 5:40:00 PM

Got it from my aunt who was herself not very happy with it

cleanses well, but... created lots of pimples within three days (just like other Clarins skincare products I ever tried)

I am giving it two not one grade as it cleanses ok and does not dry out skin

on 5/17/2014 11:59:00 AM

I liked the concept I.e., gel to milk and found that it left my skin much less dehydrated than other wash off cleansers. However, not convinced that it did a good job of cleaning my face - all my t-zone pores remained a clogged. Also I want to use this in the shower in the morning, but to be most effective you have to massage it onto dry skin, which means remembering to put it on before running the shower and getting your hands wet .... Sometimes this is a bit too much for my morning mind ....

on 4/18/2014 6:53:00 AM

This is my favourite cleanser! It comes out of the tube like a gel and when massaged onto dry skin the texture changes into an oil which I find removes makeup really well. You then rinse it off with water. I love this because it leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh but also really smooth, but with no residue. It's so much nicer and gentler than foaming face washes which I find can leave my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, especially as my skin is dry and dehydrated but still prone to the odd blemishes. This is the best cleanser I've used for keeping my skin clear and clean.

A little of this goes a long way so a tube lasts ages and it has a really nice orangey scent too.

on 2/18/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love everything about this cleanser. Unlike some others here, I feel like this cleans my face better than other cleansers. I like that it starts out as a gel, forming into an oil, this a lot less messy than a liquid oil cleanser. Big advantage!

Whenever I wear heavy makeup, which in my case is never heavier than tinted moisturizer or a BB cream, it feels like this cleanser really breaks down the product and "melts" it off my face -just as it says. I don't wear foundation, but I would imagine that it would work great with that too. I do use a separate eye makeup remover beforehand.

I make sure I rinse it off and I always use a cloth to remove everything. If not, I think it would leave a film on my skin.

Finally, I absolutely love the smell. I realise that when that is the case, it can also be offensive to others. This is not a scent you can ignore!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This starts off as a gel and melts into an oil upon contact with the skin. For an oil it feels non greasy and does a good job of removing make up from the skin but for some reason I couldn't bring myself to "love it". If like me, you enjoy the super clean feeling of a foaming cleanser you may be put off by the idea of using an oil. It did its job in that it removed my foundation fully but I didn't feel like it got my skin clean enough. Also, I can't get my head around a skincare product being for "all skin types" I rarely believe in those.

on 1/12/2014 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have very mixed feelings about this product. Eventhough I have oilier skin, I like using cleansing oils to take off my makeup because they completely break down everything without stripping the skin. I've been using the Lancome Creme Douceur which is a very similar product. I do prefer that one because after you rinse, there isn't the slighest oily feeling. Just soft and nourished skin. The Pure Melt does do a good job of removing make up, but it does feel a little oilier than the Lancome. It is to rubbed into DRY skin and then rinsed off. I cleanse after using this product and the oily feeling goes away. It's definitely a good product and I like using it but I wouldn't repurshase it probably just because I like the Lancome version more. It's the same price and the same size, while being thicker and just feeling a little bit nicer. Definitely not a bad product at all though.