Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Stearyl Heptanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Myristate, Glycerin, Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclomethicone, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Tocopherol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 17200/RED 33

on 7/26/2015 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a great thick cleanser that goes on as a gel, you rub it until it turns into a liquidy oil, and then as you rinse it off with water it turns milky. It removes tons of heavy makeup in one action, and doesn't need a follow up cleanser, though sometimes i tone afterward with a cotton ball. Amazingly there aren't any traces of makeup left. This dissolves makeup as well as ponds but smells much better, feels luxurious, and has marlula oil in it as an active ingredient. Your skin is left feeling CLEAN not oily, not stripped of moisture, but not with any film either. This is unique and I have yet to have found a similar product that rinses clean with water - most other gel or oily cleansers like this need to be tissued off or end up foaming. This does neither. The gel to oil to milk transition is pretty cool and feels great. No breakouts and will definitely repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 6:32:00 AM

This is my most favourite makeup remover of all time! I have been using this for about two years and estimate that I'm on my 6th tube (roughly four months per tube). I have no desire to try anything else because this ticks all the boxes for me.

No other oil cleanser that I've used is as easy as this, and that comes down to it's gel-like formula (which liquefies on the face, then turns to a cleansing milk with the addition of water). Additionally this makes it really easy to travel with as it won't leak like a liquid oil.

I can't say that this has had any effect on my skin, but it doesn't irritate at all. It removes my makeup with minimal effort. I don't use waterproof mascara, but it removes my regular mascara and other eye makeup, as well as longwear lip products. I follow with another cleanser out of habit, but I would be fine to move on to the rest of my skincare without doing so as I don't find this has an oily residue.

Clarins Pure Melt is $38 at Myer, for a generous 125mL.

on 3/10/2015 6:50:00 AM

This is such an amazing facial cleanser. I don't wear any make up typically apart from the odd bit of concealer but this makes my face feel so clean morning and night without that horrible dry, tight feeling. Used to use kiehls foaming cleanser which didn't break me out but i needed tons of moisturiser straight afterwords to take away the dryness. Still a devout fan of kiehls ultra facial cream and their hydro plumping serum which i swear by for any dryness!! Was a little reluctant at first because of the oil (my skin can break out from any oil) but its so gentle! aaaahhhh could rave about it for days....try it if you're sick of foaming cleansers!

on 2/24/2015 8:35:00 PM

Really like this product gets rid of thick makeup and balances my skin.

on 2/6/2015 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel is the best gel cleanser I have used and continues to be in rotation in my daily skin care. It melts away face and eye makeup easily by emulsyfing the product due to the gel formula. The gel based forumla does not have any froth when it touches the water. The cleanser spreads on like a gel then once worked into the skin it breaks down the grime and turns into an oil, cleaning but also leaving the skin feeling moisturised and nourished (not stripped of all healthy oils). Once water is added the product turns to a milk which also mositurises and nourishes whilst cleaning too. I have repurchased this twice and will continue to!

on 9/28/2014 6:28:00 PM

Absolutely obsessed.

I love Clarins, it's reasonably priced luxury skincare that does what it says on the label. I picked this up after trying a similar product made by No7 and I have to say I'm so glad I did.

I have quite blackhead prone skin, especially around my nose and this is the only thing that has ever cleared them. It's amazing. The formula is so luxurious with the way it comes as a gel but melts to an oil, no mess - and leaves skin totally soft.

For only 20 it's a steal and I've repurchased my second bottle in advance because I don't ever want to run out of this stuff.

on 8/15/2014 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

been using for a year. I alternate this with the extra comfort cream cleanser. my skin loves this. I use a muslin cloth to remove it. Great for sensitive skin. defo one of my top all time cleansers.

on 5/22/2014 5:40:00 PM

Got it from my aunt who was herself not very happy with it

cleanses well, but... created lots of pimples within three days (just like other Clarins skincare products I ever tried)

I am giving it two not one grade as it cleanses ok and does not dry out skin

on 5/17/2014 11:59:00 AM

I liked the concept I.e., gel to milk and found that it left my skin much less dehydrated than other wash off cleansers. However, not convinced that it did a good job of cleaning my face - all my t-zone pores remained a clogged. Also I want to use this in the shower in the morning, but to be most effective you have to massage it onto dry skin, which means remembering to put it on before running the shower and getting your hands wet .... Sometimes this is a bit too much for my morning mind ....

on 4/18/2014 6:53:00 AM

This is my favourite cleanser! It comes out of the tube like a gel and when massaged onto dry skin the texture changes into an oil which I find removes makeup really well. You then rinse it off with water. I love this because it leaves my skin feeling so clean and fresh but also really smooth, but with no residue. It's so much nicer and gentler than foaming face washes which I find can leave my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable, especially as my skin is dry and dehydrated but still prone to the odd blemishes. This is the best cleanser I've used for keeping my skin clear and clean.

A little of this goes a long way so a tube lasts ages and it has a really nice orangey scent too.