October 23, 2014 | 1743 users online

Styling Products - Schwarzkopf - Osis+ Dust it mattifying powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Kara712

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Ive read some comments from people who said they have used this as a dry shampoo and were very unhappy with the product. no wonder! this musntnt be used as a dry shampoo!! because it is not! its a powder that gives you volume, and one should use very small ammounts of it! as a dry shampoo ive used batiste and ive seen the difference between this powder and batiste dry shampoo. the first time ive used the osis powder i looked like a witch, my hair was ridicuously huge. you have to get used to it and once you have... its amazing. ive tried tigi and other brands but nothing comes close to this, its my HG! i never leave the house without using it (I have very fine hair) and always have a bottle in my house.
if you want volume...this is your product <3

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by whitmarie

This product is a saving grace.

I have very thin and fine hair and this product is magic for my hair.

A little bit goes a long way-- it helps keep your hair from falling flat on your scalp, it gives fine/limp hair texture to hold a tease or hold a style. A bonus is that it helps absorb oil so that fine hair doesn't turn stringy around the face.

Definitely only buy from Amazon-- actual stores mark it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by InLove87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have thick, blonde and a little bit bleached dry and frizzy hair. Basically my hair has volume, but since I have to use quite nourishing, oily products to keep my heavyweight hair alive, my hair is often flat.

I have tried a few volumizing sprays (Paul Mitchell extra body daily boost and tigi superstar) but they have not worked. Neither did this powder for the first time I used it. When I applied it, it made my roots greasy and disgusting, and I stopped using it. This was one year ago and my hair was long.

Then I got a new, shorter haircut (shoulder length) and decided to try this powder again. I was very surprised to see how well it worked this time! Now I´m using this product daily, and it really boosts my roots, makes my hair look full and gives really flexible volume. It´s also easy to reshape your hair during the day. Only downside is the matte look, but I try to keep the powder near my scalp so the "upper" hair stays shiny.

You only need a really, really tiny amount of the powder or your roots will get oily and weird.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years. My stylist introduced this to me calling it her "magic dust". I have VERY fine hair and it's kind of thin on top and sides (thick in back). I live in the South and loving big hair is bred into me.

How I use it... First, this is NOT dry shampoo. This is a styling product. Anyway, on with the show... I wash, I put in Pantene mousse but this is optional, blow dry, style as usual. Then apply just a sprinklying of dust to the roots. I usually put some in palm of left hand and get some on fingers with right hand and apply to roots (kind of like you would mousse). Less is more!!! Note: my hair with just Pantene mousse - better than nothing but really not much volume at all.

It makes my hair much easier to backcomb. My hair is so glossy and fine - I could backcomb all day without it staying. I dont' backcomb every day though I usually just toussel through roots and wow volume! The volume has great staying powder too. During the day I can toussle again to revive it.

How it feels... The texture in my hair is weird. Honestly, I don't love it but it is the tradeoff for full volumous hair. The roots feel kind of dry and tacky. I know that sounds awful - it's really not that bad. I know a way to describe it... it feels a lot like dry shampoo in your hair! It is absolutely weightless unlike mousse or sprays.

Shine... This product is called Mattifiying Powder. It does take away shine. I use it just at roots so I don't notice a ton of difference in the amount of shine/matteness of my hair. The little bit of decreased shine is again the tradeoff for the best volume I can get on this head of mine.

Getting it out... Definitely a wash, rinse, repeat! I dont' think it's as bad as other reviewers make it sound.

I think Big Sexy Hair has a dupe but I haven't tried it. Oh... in salons this is $20. Amazon always has it for half price.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a weird powder that made my hair feel strange. I use it on my roots which made it greasy. Not sure what the word is but when I run my fingers through my hair it's has the feeling of friction. It's so weird. But it does give the texture aspect. This is just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

Once i dry my hair or when styling i sprinkle a small amount of this onto my roots only. I usually use a backcombing brush to create a bigger look but with a bit of 'zhooshing' with my fingers on my roots it makes my hair volumuss. Tip is not to put too much on, you only need a small bit x

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Cellosister

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I intended to use this as a dry shampoo because of its alleged mattifying effect. Instead, I achieved an 18th century French provincial powdered wig sort of look, which I will say did not suit me. And it causes hair to have a greasy, clumpy texture; the opposite of what I was trying to achieve. It could be user error - maybe I wasn't using it as intended, but the only appropriate application I can think of is if you have very short hair you intend to style in pieces.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by FromNJ23

As other reviewers have stated, it takes forever for this product to get off your hair. So I suggest A. using it for special occasions or when you really need to, and B. Using it the first day you wash your hair and not wash your hair for a few days (you're not supposed to anyways).

The holding power is amazing. A little goes a very long way.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I'm sorry but I thought this stuff was rubbish. I had a few goes at using it and ended up throwing it in the bin. It was really difficult to distribute evenly and made my hair all sticky and grey in patches. I wouldn't recommend it at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by candyintheeyes

I am using second bottle of this. Like it. But I agree with other reviewers that it has mattifying effect but also very sticky and hard to shampoo it away. The powder is very fine and I apply to the hair root to make the big and puffy hair effect. The effect can last till the next day but it is very difficult to comb through my hair or even run my fingers into it. I need to use a lot of shampoo to wash it away and the moment of shampooing,there is very little foam and I feel that the powder still stays on my hair :(. As a result, everytime I use it, I will have hair fall problem and the hair clogs at the drainage area. I will not use it that regularly unless I want my hair to have a great, puffy, non flat look. Conclusion, the price to pay for using this product, is to face hair fall problem during shampooing.