April 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Mineral Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always repurchase this because it gives the most natural look and decent coverage as well as being suitable for oily skin, unlike Bare Minerals which turns into an oil mess on my face although with minimal amount applied. Skin friendly, a soft well-milled consistency, and a natural finish. I tried a number of colours:

Beige: Suits NW25 NW30
Warm: Suits NC25 NC30
Golden Honey: Suits NC30 NC35

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

This is a really nice product except for the color selection. I chose the lightest one and it was waaay too yellow on my skin. If you are fair, just beware of that. It was disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, if you're looking for a mineral foundation that provides full coverage and doesn't have to be reapplied after 8+ hours, this mineral foundation is NOT for you!

ELF's Mineral Foundation is pretty okay and gives about a light-medium coverage. I would recommend it for people who have no problems with blemishes or who have a few blemishes. This doesn't cover up much unless you have put concealer on first. I wear this whenever I'm not going out for too long, either way, I still bring it with me. The packaging is okay.

All in all, this is a pretty okay mineral foundation. But I would probably stick with my Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Foundation. I'll still buy it again just to have it since it's not too bad. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this because I would love to be able to get away with a light dusting of Mineral Foundation rather than having to apply liquid foundation every morning. Unfortunately, this product just didn't give me the coverage required. I have quite clear skin but a bit of ruddiness around my nose and I had to keep going over the same area quite a few times in order to get the coverage I wanted. The finish is very natural, and almost semi-matte on my skin, but the coverage just isn't enough to sway me into using it instead of my liquid foundation. As usual, with ELF this is a great value product at only 5, so even if you don't like it, at least you haven't wasted a huge amount of money. My biggest bugbear with most mineral foundations is the packaging. I hate the sifters that come with them and wish they had a twist cover so you could prevent the product from escaping. All in all, a good product, just not right for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I LOVE this product. I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin is intolerant to most products. I also have extremely pale but yellow toned skin. On top of this I have oily skin but has a tendency to get patchy and scaly in the sensitive areas (oily and dry). If you have this sort of skin then this product is fabulous and affordable. It doesn't irritate my skin, the colour porcelain is the FIRST affordable foundation that actually matches my colour (white pale but slightly cream) and it really suits my irritated skin type. Most liquid foundation pick up my scaly patches but run off my oily skin and melt into my fine lines. This does neither and looks 100% natural on me. Because my skin is oily it lasts a long time for me but if I set it with a mist spray it will last all day. The coverage is good enough to tone down my permenant redness but not so heavy that it looks fake so that my natural skin glow comes through. I have zero complaints with this product and that is a complete first for me and my skin which hates 90% of skincare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this in Warm and it's a decent match for my NC20/25 skintone, albeit a hair too dark. It's a lightweight mineral foundation that applies nicely, but it doesn't last long. I've found that after about 4 or 5 hours it looks like I have no foundation on at all. Doesn't control oil that well either.

Would only recommend to someone in a pinch or one who isn't looking for alot of coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by hudrum

I have been using this as my daily foundation for months. I use the Warm shade which is a good match for my Asian skintone. I use a Body Shop kabuki brush to apply it and it's really quick for everyday wear. Coverage is fairly light, I use a cream concealer for blemishes on top. The packaging is fairly tiny which is good for portability but I use a separate dish to swirl the brush. I find the small pot lasts for ages so it's amazing value.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by gamahocha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It felt light but didn't provide any coverage at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:35:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish E.L.F would stop sending me all these coupons. It's bad enough that I love so many of their products and they are inexpensive, but to add a coupon on top of it all?! This is another product I picked out and tested out. FYI- this is my initial review...

The color I tried is Warm.
(With Bare Minerals, I am Medium and Everyday Mineral Jojoba is Sesame.)
The mineral foundation is a little clumpy, but once on a brush it doesn't make a difference. Other mineral foundations tend to be more finely milled. It goes on very smoothly and buffs nicely. The foundation is not cakey looking and looks very natural on the skin. I made sure to get a good look at it in natural light and so far I like it. I will keep using to see if anything changes.

UPDATE: While the foundation goes on very nicely, it oxidizes and turns orangey. Ewww. I am not using this stuff ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by wfnb1

This is my everyday foundation and has been for several months now. I have very fair combination skin. The new color porcelain is an excellent match! I can use this with a foundation brush to cover my splotchy areas and I wouldn't need anything elsewhere except for the fact that it is my sunscreen, too. It doesn't settle into my lines/wrinkles. I use E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder after and it stays fairly well throughout the day. I get a little oily in my t-zone but use a blotting sheet. Would need to touch up for evening, but am very happy with the wear, price and color of this foundation. I've even converted one co-worker and my daughter!

I would give it 5 Lippies if it had a larger size choice.