August 27, 2014 | 1696 users online

Powder - E.L.F. - Mineral Foundation

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I own several full size jars of this foundation in the shade Warm. The own that I own is the original version. As, the new version contains mineral oil. Because, I own so many of the original version, it will take me probably forever to use up.

This foundation realky isn't all that different than BM's Original loose powder foundation. As long as you are able to get a good shade match, then your all set. Also, i wish that E.L.F. would start selling their loose mineral foundations in bigger jars, so that way, you can get more for your money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Combo/Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.

I wish I could give this a 3.8 instead, for its definitely better than a 3 rating but just not quite a 4. The shade I have is "Light" and it seems to suit me well.
Firstly, lets start with the packaging. An issue I have with most MMU is that they simply dont provide enough product. I would probably run out of this within 2-3 weeks with daily use, and most of my foundations last me atleast 1-2 months. That makes this foundation a little inconvenient, especially since you must order it online. However, it is only $5 so I supposed ordering 2 at a time wont break my bank. I also wish that the packaging had a sifter.
Ok, enough criticism! Because in all honesty, I actually really do enjoy this product! Something everyone here should know though: this is a very light coverage makeup, if even that. I honestly dont consider it an actual foundation, but a skin enhancer' brightener. It does not cover any flaws, but it does cancel out some redness and evens out my skintone. I also feel it just adds a bit of warmth and glow to my face, it is very natural looking and nice for the summer because i dont like full coverage in warmer weather anyway. it is initially a matte finish but when applied over a moisturizer it becomes a lot more dewy and skinlike.
Lasting power is also quite impressive, I find that it doesnt transfer, fade or break down.
Overall, I enjoy this product and would repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by laura5168

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had BareMinerals mineral foundation for a year, but decided that i found it a bit expensive to repurchase, so i thought i would try this one from elf out, since it was so cheap.

i was really surprised about how great this product was!

i have very dry flakey skin, but still lots of zits on my forehead and chin, and this is amazing for covering up, and making your face look flawless, while it doesn't stick to the dry patches and look "cakey". I personally think powder foundation is very good for people with acne and dry skin, since all the liquid foundation i have tried, just made my face look worse, and made my zits a weird purple ish color.

when i use this i don't even have to use a concealer! when i used liquid foundation, it would take me around 20 minutes to do my makeup every morning now it take me under 5!

i apply it with a BareMinerals full flawless face brush, and use the mac fix+ setting spray to not make it look powdery, and thats all i do to have a flawless face for a whole day. This product pretty much saved my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't use this as a foundation but as a setting powder. I have very iffy skin and it just NEEDS liquid foundation. if I'm wearing makeup, I'm going to do my full face.

after applying my liquid foundation, i tap some of this powder and ELF hd studio powder in yellow both into the lid, swirl and tap off excess on my ELF powder brush and buff it into my skin on top of my liquid foundation. i then apply my bronzer, blush and or illumizer after (always top with a setting spray to keep from looking powdery, product just melts into my skin) I LOVE IT. leaves me naturally matte for about 8 hours until i have to repowder or touch up, IM VERY VERY oily. it also is readily available and super super affordable. also I'm very acne prone and i didn't break out! i was using Make up forever powder or MAC mineralized skin finish natural before this combo and now i am saving LOADS. its a tad messier so not good for travel but an overall must have. check out my ELF hd studio powder in yellow review also :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always repurchase this because it gives the most natural look and decent coverage as well as being suitable for oily skin, unlike Bare Minerals which turns into an oil mess on my face although with minimal amount applied. Skin friendly, a soft well-milled consistency, and a natural finish. I tried a number of colours:

Beige: Suits NW25 NW30
Warm: Suits NC25 NC30
Golden Honey: Suits NC30 NC35

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

This is a really nice product except for the color selection. I chose the lightest one and it was waaay too yellow on my skin. If you are fair, just beware of that. It was disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by violetbutterfly1629

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, if you're looking for a mineral foundation that provides full coverage and doesn't have to be reapplied after 8+ hours, this mineral foundation is NOT for you!

ELF's Mineral Foundation is pretty okay and gives about a light-medium coverage. I would recommend it for people who have no problems with blemishes or who have a few blemishes. This doesn't cover up much unless you have put concealer on first. I wear this whenever I'm not going out for too long, either way, I still bring it with me. The packaging is okay.

All in all, this is a pretty okay mineral foundation. But I would probably stick with my Pur Minerals 4 in 1 Foundation. I'll still buy it again just to have it since it's not too bad. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to like this because I would love to be able to get away with a light dusting of Mineral Foundation rather than having to apply liquid foundation every morning. Unfortunately, this product just didn't give me the coverage required. I have quite clear skin but a bit of ruddiness around my nose and I had to keep going over the same area quite a few times in order to get the coverage I wanted. The finish is very natural, and almost semi-matte on my skin, but the coverage just isn't enough to sway me into using it instead of my liquid foundation. As usual, with ELF this is a great value product at only £5, so even if you don't like it, at least you haven't wasted a huge amount of money. My biggest bugbear with most mineral foundations is the packaging. I hate the sifters that come with them and wish they had a twist cover so you could prevent the product from escaping. All in all, a good product, just not right for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I LOVE this product. I have extremely sensitive skin and my skin is intolerant to most products. I also have extremely pale but yellow toned skin. On top of this I have oily skin but has a tendency to get patchy and scaly in the sensitive areas (oily and dry). If you have this sort of skin then this product is fabulous and affordable. It doesn't irritate my skin, the colour porcelain is the FIRST affordable foundation that actually matches my colour (white pale but slightly cream) and it really suits my irritated skin type. Most liquid foundation pick up my scaly patches but run off my oily skin and melt into my fine lines. This does neither and looks 100% natural on me. Because my skin is oily it lasts a long time for me but if I set it with a mist spray it will last all day. The coverage is good enough to tone down my permenant redness but not so heavy that it looks fake so that my natural skin glow comes through. I have zero complaints with this product and that is a complete first for me and my skin which hates 90% of skincare.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I got this in Warm and it's a decent match for my NC20/25 skintone, albeit a hair too dark. It's a lightweight mineral foundation that applies nicely, but it doesn't last long. I've found that after about 4 or 5 hours it looks like I have no foundation on at all. Doesn't control oil that well either.

Would only recommend to someone in a pinch or one who isn't looking for alot of coverage.