August 1, 2014 | 1848 users online

Fragrances - Hard Candy - Hard Candy

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Gael5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is Pink Sugar without a doubt but kicked up a notch with some different, spicer notes. Though the prevailing temperature is PS all the way.

I love it both the lasting power, the scent itself and even the packaging and bottle. Winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a huge fan of spicy, sweet, and overall darker smells. I really like the scent of this perfume, and unlike others, the top notes don't bother me at all, I actually like them. I think I got duped into paying WAY too much for this though, but I was bored and walked into a fragrance store in the mall and just let them hand me perfumes. I smelled a toooon of perfumes, and this and Dior's Hypnotic Poison were my favorites, but I got this for 20 bucks less than dior for twice the amount. The smell is pretty artificial, but I don't really mind that since I like the sweet smell (and so does my boyfriend! :p). I wish it lasted longer since it is an Eau de Parfum :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by 245am

oh hard candy, let me count the ways how i love you! you are forever my HG and it brings all the boys to my yard. i just wish you weren't discontinued but never fear, i still have a lot left in my 3.4 oz size and i found a 1.7 oz size for $10 at marshalls one day.

people say hard candy is reminiscent of pink sugar and in some respects i agree in the sweetness aspect but i also disagree, because i detest pink sugar and i don't think it smells like it. there's enough oriental notes and spicyness to keep it interesting and from being too sweet. i think my skin tends to eat it fast because sometimes i cannot smell it, and i do spray quite liberally before i go out. one of my closest guy friends LOVES this perfume on me and claims he smells it on me even when i'm not wearing it! i've had 4 guy friends comment how much they like the way it smelled in ONE NIGHT before! it definitely works for me at least!

hard candy has definitely come to be my signature scent, although i do wear other fragrances and love them (such as L by lolita lempicka, new fave!) but i always find myself coming back to hard candy.my friends all know it's what i wear. it's sweet but spicy, strong but won't give you a headache, and the bottle is so damn cute! i wish it wasn't d/c but i'm happy i have my large bottle and a small bottle to last me for some time. occasionally i will see this at marshalls as well and even tho i want to buy ALL the bottles to take them home, i know it's not possible!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I don't care for this one at all. It actually shocked me a bit. I expected to like it, but it was not at all what I had anticipated. It is very sweet, yes, but in a sort of disturbing sort of way. Instead of being soft and comforting, I find it harsh, rather acidic, and artificial. I don't smell any vanilla or musk or any of the things that usually draw me to sweet fragrances, I just smell a harsh, artificial, generic sweetness. It reminds me of cheap hard candies. This doesn't remind me of Pink Sugar at all and I'm confused on the comparisons it's received. I won't say this can't smell good on the right person, I will only say I found it to be unpleasant on myself.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I just received this in a swap unsiffed. I usually don't do that but I came and read the reviews on here first. I saw that it was similar to Pink Sugar but a little more sophisticated so I was sold. I loved PS but it was a little intense and probably too young for me. This is a slightly more grown up version.

I don't care as much for the top notes on this, it seems strong. But after 15 minutes or so on me, it mellows out and I get a great creamy sugary vanilla smell. The lasting power isn't as great as PS but it isn't bad either. I get about a half day out of it, especially when I layer with Calgons Marshmallow body lotion (thank you Big Lots). continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

This stuff smells amazing! Another great find at TJ Max for $12.99 - woo hoo! I bought this one unsniffed, as the fragrance notes are listed on the box (which I love and wish all perfumes would do that) the base notes were caramel, vanilla, cedar-wood and cashmere musk. Being a vanilla/gourmand lover, I figured I would at least like if not love it and LOVE IT I DO!! Anyways, this smells so yummy, warm, inviting and slight powdery. Lasting power is just okay....it does last a long time if you spray it on your clothes or in your hair though. I also adore the packaging....from the box it comes in to the fun and cute bottle. Highly recommend if you enjoy sweet vanilla type fragrances!! By the way, I love pink sugar as well, but I think this one smells way better than PS.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Chele05

Wow! This fragrance is a true gem. If you are a fan of Pink Sugar, Fantasy, Can Can, Fancy, or any other sweet, gourmand fragrance, this is one worth trying out! I agree with the reviewer who expressed her surprise at the fact that this perfume was not better received considering the vast popularity of Pink Sugar; I actually find Hard Candy to be so much more delicious, and even slightly sophisticated, in comparison to PS. On initial spray, Hard Candy is a burst of tart, fruity candy with a soft powderiness. Then I can smell the tea and a bit of spice which makes it a little strange smelling for a bit, but not in a bad way...just interesting. From then on I pick up no florals whatsoever as it dries down to a yummy, vanilla-caramel that is not over-the-top sweet. It smells wonderful! And although packaging is what I least care about when it comes to fagrances, I have to say that I love the packaging of this perfume. The box is so cute and actually has the note descriptions on it; the box also opens up in an unexpected way. The bottle itself is also adorable, and although it is juvenile looking, I think anyone who is young at heart and appreciates a little quirkiness will love it. So if this fragrance sounds appealing, keep an eye out for it at your local Marshalls, TJMaxx, and Ross. I got my 100 ml bottle at Ross for 12.99. FYI: the only difference between the pink and green topped bottles is the size; green is the larger of the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 12:31:00 AM More reviews by nearfantastica78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

You know what...I really liked this...I was in search of a new scent and I had gone to Winners one day and I saw this boxed perfume all by its lonesome, no tester or nothing. But, unlike many boxed fragrances this one has the different note levels written on the back of the box. I saw Rhubarb (yum) Pink Peppercorn (Interesting) with base notes claiming vanilla, caramel and cashmere musk...I was sold. So I bought it, untested, and I was soooo happy I did. I came home, eagerly opened the box and spritzed it on. Mmmmmm...it smelled so good, it was sweet but not like PS or Brittany sweet..it had a tart-rebellious like note within, must have been the peppercorn or the rhubarb. I could see wearing this when decked out in my black leather jacket or anyone of my rebel-indie outfits..it is sassy but addictive, and I get tons of compliments on it..my hubby LOVES it. If you are a PS or Vanilla fan, you`ll like this if you are looking for something a little offbeat and original. I would recommend it for evening wear, like a date or a concert (rock, alt, indie, etc..) It smells amazing, I definately will be purchasing this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Flippinsushi

I'm so tempted to say this product stinks because I have such a hard time finding it. I see it every once in a while at Marshall's and I snatch it! They have a pink one also, OMG it's wonderful. They used to make a Liquid Hard Candy perfume that I guess was discontinued, huge shame, that stuff is bottled magic. Honestly though, these are the best perfumes I've ever used, I always get noticed and complimented on how clean and great I smell. So please, don't believe me. Don't buy it. Just let me know where you saw it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would love this perfume if it weren't for the peppercorn. I'm pretty sure that's what gives this perfume that weird chemical smell. Fortunately it's one of the top notes so it does go away after a while.

It lists the notes on the box: White tea, pink peppercorn, rhubarb (top notes); passion fruit, rose, jasmine (middle notes); caramel, vanilla, cedar wood, & cashmere musk (base notes). The only specific scents I can pick out are the unfortunate peppercorn, vanilla, and caramel. There's also a nice floral scent but I can't identify it or them (the only flower scents I know are lilac and rose :P).

I'm not sorry that I bought it but I am disappointed that it has that one pesky scent that ruins those first few minutes after applying perfume (before I can no longer smell it on myself).

The bottle is huge, so it is a good value. It comes in green and pink, apparently. I got sent the green version (I was hoping for the pink :P).