November 23, 2014 | 1222 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cle de Peau - Refreshing Smoothing Pre-makeup Emulsion SPF 22

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 7:10:00 AM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this makeup base helps to prep the skin, making it hydrating and my skin feels smooth. it also helps to lighten the blemishes, correcting the skin tone, making it look more even.

my face doesn't feel dry throughout the day. but it very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by asmyth73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I wasn't sure about this product, but after using it for a few weeks, I am hooked. It is a thick cream, much like sunscreen - but when you rub it in, it gives your skin a beautiful, radiant glow. I don't know if I would recommend for those with olive skin tones, but for pale girls like myself, it is heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

The SA gave me a couple of samples when I bought the cream fdn, I used it on top of my moisturizer, right away, the skin takes on a veil of sheen/glow & the whiteness disappear in no time. If I use mineral powder, it makes it more pronounced thus less make up is needed. What I find best is mixing equal amount of this primer with the CdP cream fdn, & I didn't have to apply that with as much care as I am would the fdn alone. Even if the application is quick & the finish uneven, I waited 5-10 minutes, it evens out itself & the skintone is even, matte & poreless. Definitely a re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combo skin that tends to be more oily and the salesperson recommended the refreshing pre emulsion for me. At first I was reluctant to purchase this item due to other comments on the board about this product being so "white" looking once it is applied. I have to say that this does keep my CDP creme foundation in place alot longer then when I did not wear any primer. My makeup stayed on for a full day of work with little blotting required. At first once you apply the product (pea size) on your face it does tend to look white but once I put on foundation, powder etc the whiteness was gone. This is a nice product but not cheap, I will repurchase due to the fact that it does help with the foundation. Another excellent product from CDP.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

God I wanted to like this product. I love Cle De Peau and wanted this primer for ages. I finally splurged and bought not one but two tubes of this. I was about to start a second tube when I realized the pros do not outweigh the cons. The reason I bought a second tube was because most primers break me out and do little to keep make up on my face but this one was different. I also wanted something that would whiten my foundations more and this helps to make whatever you put on your face a bit paler. Make up does stay on your face longer and this one didn't break me out which was a miracle. The price is ridiculous but the real downside is that it's hard to smooth anything over this! I have tried foundation after foundation and although it helps to whiten the foundation, everything looks a bit chalkier with this on. Its says smoothing refreshing but it does nothing to help smoothen your foundation at all. In fact you end up using more foundation to spread over this rough somewhat sticky surface so you look cakier! I was really disappointed. I had a rep tell me to use moisturizer beforehand so I tried this but again it still was cakey and rough and actually ruined some of the oil controlling effects of the primer. The only foundation that worked well with this at all was Merle Norman's Lasting Foundation because that's loaded with silicone so it smoothed right over but anything else I tried was like spreading molasses over my face on top of this primer. I hate to give it up because it doesn't break you out and acts as a true barrier between your foundation and your skin thereby giving you more foundation selection (because foundations that might normally break you out may not with this heavy duty primer as a buffer) but it's not worth the cakiness and tough application. I guess I'm back to finding a silicome primer that won't do a number on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by originalsins

I have very sensitive and combination skin. Tried many types of sunscreens-primers, the low-ends vichy & whitist to the high-ends lancome DNA shield & ettusais makeup base. All of them broke me out. Upon using a 2 days, pimples will start to raise to rebel against me. This expensive base cost $103 SGD and the reason why I bought it was because I needed a sunscreen badly and the reviews here made me curious if this would be my saviour. Firstly, after using it for like 3 weeks, I'm happy to announce that this has not broke me out. Great! Its already won my heart over, despite the pricey tag that comes with it. Next, I find the texture pretty good too, not sticky at all and it smoothen out my skin as well. Oil-control wise, I think its alright as well. The only other sunscreen that doesn't break me out was SKII advance UV protecting essence, which is about the same price but texture wise is stickier and leaves a shiny look after application. Needless to say, This is my preferred choice. I've got no complaints about this product, except its price. But what to do, my sensitive skin adores it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm. I have a love/hate w/this product.

Love: if you have dry skin, it's super. If you can not wear a day moisturizer w/a built in sunscreen, this is for you. It's higher than the standard spf 15. If you are SUPER pale and can't find a foundation that is light enough, but LOVE a foundation that is ALMOST light enough, this primer will make that foundation your grail. (it's like a brightner and leaves your skin a bit paler than it already is, lol). Smmmooootthhhsss out your skin leaving beautiful finish, no matter what brand of foundation you use.

HATE: it's sticky in the summer time. It ain't cheap.

So, there you have it. It does a great job for me, it does what is says it does. Oily skin ladies, I think you may want to pass. But if your needs are the same as mine under the LOVE IT section, than you really should try it out. A little, like every product in this line, goes a LONG way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2006 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

I have had this product for quite a while and don't use it too frequently. After reading alot of MUA reviews I decided to give it another try. I have to say I am not too impressed with it. It doesn't really control my oiliness in the hot/humid weather and makes my face very white.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2005 10:34:00 PM More reviews by corwexx

A very expensive sticky mess, I like the much cheaper Cargo primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2005 11:17:00 AM More reviews by manicure

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this prime as a sunblock for almost 3 years! I am an esthetician ( and I consider myslef one of the best around, 12 years on the job). I use the refreshing because I am combo skin. Yes, it makes me a little white, but it also makes my sking looks beautiful and after hours of applications the oils on the skin oxidise the prime into a little more natural color on my skin ( I guess in any skin) since all make up will turn a bit dark in any skin mostly with huminity in the air combine with the oily that the natural skin produces). Any way, now I am applying a few drops of cream bronze and I still love it even more. It is not cheap and since I haven't seen nothing in the all levels of skin care business better than this, I will continuing buying. I changed Murad tinted sunblock for this one and I don't want to use Murad skin products anymore. I just want to say that as an esthetician and going to all trade shows and see and using all. This is what I have been using the the past 3 years. I even consider it better than DDF ( which I hate, and even all offered in Doctor's office).

Last time, I sent my husband to buy it in Saks and he called me from there asking me, " This stuff cust $70.00 + tax". I answered, yeah and so what?

Marcia from Miami