October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Air Dry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I think this is probably my favorite fast dry top coat. I feel it slightly outperforms Essie Good to Go, Poshe and Seche Vite, though I'm happy to use any of those, as well. I like the consistency (and you can always thin it back out with some polish thinner), it dries super fast and with amazing shine, and the polish lasts well with it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I wasn't sure I liked this top coat. It doesn't leave that heavy duty "hard as nails" feeling on your nails. But it does leave a nice satin finish that is almost as hard as the UV dry top coat. It dries fairly quickly: you don't have a lot of time to fiddle with the coats for smoothness. You better be good at it, because it can leave a rough finish if you're not quick about it. That being said, it is an excellent top coat for ANY polish you want to keep looking freshly applied for over a week.
Recommended.
Edit: My review above was based on trying it over UV cured CND topcoat. I tried it yesterday over my cured color and it took forever to dry and in the mean time, it smudged and ended up totally ruined. I will not try that application again. I took one star off for that disastrous experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by guil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really have a love/hats with this product. One one hand (pardon the pun), it dries my mani super fast. I've used it over different brands with no problem. I can use this, go to bed an hour later and no sheet marks. I usually apply a base coat plus 3 coats of color under. It works well as a top coat, I get tip wear with most polishes after 4 days, ive left a mani up to almost 2 weeks, and while there was extreme tip wear, still little to no chipping.

The bad....it gets thick very quickly. I have some polish thinner and that seems to sort the problem. It does tend to drag the nail color. It is not very shiny. Because it is so thick, I have to be super careful to apply it well, I never do though and around my cuticles you can see the bare nail color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by ericachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Iím surprised to hear negative reviews about this product because this is the fastest drying top coat I have ever bought. I first bought the Seche Vite after hearing about how good it was and I took it home read the label and saw that it could cause birth defects and reproductive problems...that was too much of a risk for me since I am young and havenít had children yet. I decided to return it and got this one instead.

I applied this top coat over my nail polish while my polish was still fairly wet and it dried in seconds! I was shocked at how fast it dried, and it gave a nice shiny finish. A few minutes after painting my nails I was able to type. It has been 4 days and my nails havenít chipped and remain shiny and wonderful. I am so impressed that I want to go back and get the base coat too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:50:00 PM More reviews by LadyPunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I should start by saying that this is the best top coat that I have ever used. I was looking for something better than OPI top coat. The fact that its 3 free is even better. I often ruin my mani by testing the dryness. I didn't have a problem with this one. Though, not surprising, it doesn't get along with all formulations of polish. It seems to get along with OPI, but not Orly.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Mediocre Top Coat. Shines nicely but takes a long time to dry and goes gloopy rather quickly. Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This top coat dries very quickly and has a nice shine. I've used it after my manicure and reapplied it twice during the week for added protection and shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 2:08:00 PM More reviews by akrash

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This had 'okay' drying time. It didn't take forever to dry, but it wasn't very fast, either. I could easily dent it 2 hours prior to applying this. This keeps my polishes very shiny but yes, it does yellow polishes. Depending on the brand of polishes I use with this, I experienced peeling with China Glaze. I had a little tip wear, but chipped in two days. It was a little thick, but went on smoothly. Though this is not the worst product, but not the best one either. Once I finish the whole bottle, I will not buy this again. This strangely works very well with my cousin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by daisylover01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just used Air Dry 10 mins ago on my nails and now Im typing on the computer. (For me) it has dried incredibly fast. My process was ScrubFresh, 2 coats of OPI polish, 1 coat of Air Dry. After 2 mins I sprayed some Solar Spray on them.

Not many products will allow you to brush the dogs, make the bed and type on the computer 10 mins after using.

In my opinion, as of now this product can receive 5 lipsticks!
Ill let ya know how it holds up!

*Keep in Mind* Obviously this website is based on opinion, but keep in mind factors that can influence peoples views on products. There are other reviews saying a product goes on sooo goopy, but yet another review can say its the smoothest application ever. Products can expire, and products can change consistency throughout time. Try to store products in a cool area where temperature does not change. (never near a window where sunlight can hit it, a bathroom where there is change of temperature due from steam in shower) Things like this can change the effectiveness of a product. Just thought Id share

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OK, I have to review this based on how I use it and not how its intended to be used. Its supposed to be a quick dry top coat - OK, not so much. I use this as almost a pre-base coat and I like it for that.

I apply Air Dry about a minute after my coats of polish, then I let it dry. It does take some time for this to fully dry, so do not use this if you're in a hurry. Once its dry, I then apply another top coat. Currently, I'm using a hybrid of Out the Door & OPI RapiDry. Yes, sounds odd, but its working for me.

I know using two top coats isn't the best option, but I get really good wear from this and using the Air Dry as a frist top coat seems to "set" the polish better than one top coat alone. Take that for what its worth :)