October 24, 2014 | 1915 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Cream Eyeshadow

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

I think these cream eye shadows damage NARS reputation as a top makeup brand - they are drugstore quality..Actually, considering how some drugstore brands are offering top products nowadays, these eye shadows would shame them as well. The only redeeming aspect is that the colors are interesting (and maybe this is the only thing in line with NARS standards). They apply nicely, blend well and fade away leaving you poorer, sadder and with huge shimmery panda eyes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I've had this for a while now and am just so disappointed with it every now and then I take it out a d try to use it in a different way (alone,as a base) I've used different methods like my fingers and brushes and nothing works even when I use an eye shadow primer it still creases.i bought this In Madagascar which is a neutral palette, colors are beautiful but unfortunately the product sucks. Its a shame because it was my first nars shadow ever and on top of it its $34 I just really wish this would work for me but I know it won't.save your money there's other better cream eye shadows like the color tattoos that actually work.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by tammyfayeFOTD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, i love nars and all, but this formulation SUCKS. these eyeshadows are NOT good investments at all! i like my makeup to actually stay on my face, which this simply does not do. creases like mad. expensive, save ur $.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by misfit30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NARS is one of my favorite brands, but I am soooo disappointed in this eyeshadow! The color was great, but even with eye primer, it creased and wore off like crazy. NARS is a more prestigous cosmetic brands, so their prices often run higher. I paid quite a bit for this cream shadow and had very high hopes, but the product just didn't deliver. =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the color of Cosmic Girl...but it has little to no staying power. Even with a primer, it still smudged and faded. For it's price, I'd prefer something longer lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Phyrne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeous color range and unique quality. Even bright colors like the turquoise carioca or the violet lido produce a delicate transparent finish not achievable with other products. I agree that the staying power is poor when simply applied. However, I discovered a method to make them stay put for 24 hours: prime your lids (I use too faced), apply the cream eyeshadow with a brush (artificial bristles) and a drop of DuWop`s payoff and finally use a good fixing powder on top (normally meant for camouflage make-up). That way you won`t have problems with creasing anymore and it`s worthwile the effort. One color as a wash only paired with highlighter looks best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite cream shadow, along with Shu's. NARS' are easy to work with, soft, non-irritating, and non-drying. Also, the colors are unique and beautiful. Most importantly, Nars' cream shadows do not feel heavy on my lids, and look smooth on my skin. I don't have problems with creasing, but these do fade a little. However, I don't need to reapply unless I'm going out after a long day. I'm also glad I did not read the reviews. Goes to show that YMMV.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2009 8:09:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This line includes some gorgeous colours that are a ton of fun to layer under powder shadows... but they crease and smudge... really, really badly - and my eyelids aren't even that oily, and I do use an eyeshadow base. Stay away from these. NARS powder shadows are so much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by AprilLC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start by saying the color range is really great and I have purchased about ten of them for that reason alone. However, it creases and fades quickly. It can be extended by packing a powder on top but if you are looking for a sheer wash for a quick splash of color it won't last. With all the other crease free creams on the market FN should consider reformulating.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 12:03:00 PM More reviews by vhemminger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do like this shadow. I layer and build mine and I feel like it does turn out very pretty. However, I would have to agree with others that they do not last as long as they probably should. I have Corfu (shimmery, golden taupe) and would agree with one reviewer that it does not look as good on the skin as it does in the pan. However, all this being said, it still is a really nice shimmery taupe and better than others than I have seen. I am torn about whether or not to re-purchase because although I do like them, they are expensive ($21) for a tiny, tiny little pan.